[MOD] Multiplex C-Thru
EDIT: Now customizable! Three opacity levels: thick, thin and clear.

This mod will give you an option in the menubar to change the panel density "on the fly" in multiplex view so you can see through the background texture (and thus reveal the fanart) more. There are three levels of density, as pictured:

Ok, here's what to do to install:

IMPORTANT: THERE IS A SMALL GLITCH WHICH IS THAT YOU MAY HAVE TO HIT RIGHT (OR LEFT, DEPENDING WHERE YOU ARE IN THE MENUS) 2-3 TIMES FOR THE DENSITY BUTTON TO GAIN (OR LOSE) FOCUS. Not sure how to fix this without losing the "on the fly" ability to change textures, but if anyone knows of a solution (e.g., Hitcher?) it would be much appreciated!

Step One: download the textures from here (these are new images so if you downloaded the old mod files you will still need these). Extract the files (you should get three folders of images) and place them all in your media\multiplex folder.

Step Two: open up 720p\MyVideoNav.xml and find the following lines:
Code:
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(nomultiplexinfobuttons)">Objects_MultiplexInfoButtons</include>            

<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(nomultiplexstylebuttons)">Objects_MultiplexStyleButtons</include>

And add the following line beneath:
Code:
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(nomultiplexopacitybuttons)">Objects_MultiplexOpacityButtons</include>

Step Three: open up 720p\Includes_Objects.xml and find the following lines:
Code:
<include name="Objects_ViewtypeClick">
        <onclick>SetFocus(69)</onclick>    
    </include>

And add the following right above it:
Code:
    <include name="Objects_MultiplexOpacityButtons">
        <control type="button" id="9988">
            <include>Objects_MediaMenuButton</include>  
            <label>$LOCALIZE[31065]: $LOCALIZE[31052]</label>
            <onclick>Skin.SetBool(multiplexopacitythin)</onclick>
            <onclick>Skin.Reset(multiplexopacitythick)</onclick>
            <onclick>Skin.SetString(multiplexopacitylevel,thin)</onclick>
            <onclick>SetFocus(9989)</onclick>
            <visible allowhiddenfocus="true">Window.IsActive(25) + Control.IsVisible(52) + ![Skin.HasSetting(multiplexopacitythin) | Skin.HasSetting(multiplexopacityfine)]</visible>
        </control>

<control type="button" id="9989">
            <label>$LOCALIZE[31065]: $LOCALIZE[31053]</label>
            <onclick>Skin.SetBool(multiplexopacityfine)</onclick>
            <onclick>Skin.Reset(multiplexopacitythin)</onclick>
            <onclick>Skin.SetString(multiplexopacitylevel,fine)</onclick>
            <onclick>SetFocus(9990)</onclick>
            <visible allowhiddenfocus="true">Window.IsActive(25) + Control.IsVisible(52) + Skin.HasSetting(multiplexopacitythin)</visible>
        </control>

<control type="button" id="9990">
            <label>$LOCALIZE[31065]: $LOCALIZE[386]</label>
            <onclick>Skin.SetBool(multiplexopacitythick)</onclick>
            <onclick>Skin.Reset(multiplexopacityfine)</onclick>
            <onclick>Skin.SetString(multiplexopacitylevel,thick)</onclick>
            <onclick>SetFocus(9988)</onclick>
            <visible allowhiddenfocus="true">Window.IsActive(25) + Control.IsVisible(52) + Skin.HasSetting(multiplexopacityfine)</visible>
        </control>
    </include>

Step Four: open up 720p\Viewtype_Multiplex.xml. This step is a little tricky -- look for each of the following lines and replace as indicated:

Replace: <texture>multiplex/multiplex_full_infoplot.png</texture>
With: <texture>multiplex/$INFO[Skin.String(multiplexopacitylevel)]/multiplex_full_infoplot.png</texture>

Replace: <texture>multiplex/multiplex_full_infobigthumb2.png</texture>
With: <texture>multiplex/$INFO[Skin.String(multiplexopacitylevel)]/multiplex_full_infobigthumb2.png</texture>

Replace: <texture>multiplex/multiplex_full_infotv.png</texture>
With: <texture>multiplex/$INFO[Skin.String(multiplexopacitylevel)]/multiplex_full_infotv.png</texture>

Replace: <texture>multiplex/multiplex_full_base.png</texture>
With: <texture>multiplex/$INFO[Skin.String(multiplexopacitylevel)]/multiplex_full_base.png</texture>

Replace: <texture>multiplex/multiplex_full_basetv.png</texture>
With: <texture>multiplex/$INFO[Skin.String(multiplexopacitylevel)]/multiplex_full_basetv.png</texture>

That's it!
Looks pretty good!
not thought of that but i think i will lower the transparency even further to about 70% of the originalSmile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
yeah .. looks quite nice that way Smile
Very nice Thanks
yes, thats looks very good but lets try a bit more transparency.
Nod
Having it that way that everyone could just change the opacity in the appearance/customize settings would be very nice.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks guys, since it looks like there is interest I'll try to make an option in the settings for like 70%, 80%, etc. so it is customizable
Leeuw Wrote:So I got inspired by MiniMedia today to try this super simple mod and thought I would share it here.

Maybe a dumb question but what's MiniMedia?
g00fy1 Wrote:Maybe a dumb question but what's MiniMedia?

Not a dumb question- it is a new skin released yesterday by the MediaStream developer
The first post has now been updated with a customizable version - you can choose three density levels: "thick", "thin" and "clear".

EDIT: Let me know if there is any interest in a fourth even more transparent option (although I did some experimenting, and too much more may make it hard to read the text on certain fanart)
very exellent stuff, should be in auriga by default.
Nod
By the way, is there any interest out there for making this work for the lite theme? Right now it is just for night as that is what most people (including me) seem to be using...
If you've time I wouldn't mind a set for the List View to add to my new Mod or at least some pointers as to how to make them.
Hitcher, I made some textures for list view and posted them here. In case anybody wants to mess around on their own, the images are super easy to make -- I just lowered the opacity in photoshop to 85% for thin and 70% clear (if you don't have photoshop, I think you can do the same thing in gimp). I found the ability to read the text dropped off pretty quickly after 70%, but others may have their own preferences.

Anyway, I hadn't really looked at list view in a while and I forgot that djh already had a thick/thin panel concept implemented there. The way he does it is interesting: rather than creating separate textures with different levels of opacity, he toggles the visibility of a black background underneath the list texture (which is otherwise transparent). I dropped the opacity of the black background to 50% and tried putting that underneath the main texture and you get about a 50% drop in the overall opacity level!! I'm going to play around with this same concept in multiplex view and maybe update the mod if it seems to work better -- any thoughts as to which method would be more "efficient" for xbmc speed/memory usage?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Multiplex C-Thru0