xbmc crashes down if i change the skin ?
Thumbs Down 
hi
i can change the skins of xbmc with the 3 default skins with no problem at all (Project Mayhem III , MediaStream , PM3.HD ) . but if i change it to any skin other than these 3 , the xbmc crashes down (closes ) , then if i start it again it freezes in the begining . the only way to start it agian is to delete the 4th skin folder , then i start xbmc with no problem with one of the 3 skins .
i tried all skins and the same problem happens including Project Mayhem II , I.
i realy want to change the skin because all the 3 default skins are very dark and i don't like that.
thanks

my os is xp pro.
xbmc 9.04 r19952
Post a direct link to the skin you tried.

Post a full debug log (either while changing skins, or while booting after a change in skin).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

hi
some of the skins here http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Skin_Compatibility_List like these 2:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/xboxmed...AL-2.0.rar
http://users.edpnet.be/desertstorm/Vinci.rar
how can i make full log?
thanks
Read the links in my sig.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Ok, I've looked at those links - they're (very) out of date skins.

The good news is that:

1. I've made some changes so they can't be loaded (thus no crash).
2. You can get up to date (but still not guaranteed to work) versions from the skinning SVN:

http://xboxmediacenter.svn.sourceforge.n...diacenter/

(click on the skin you want, then "download GNU tarball" down the bottom.

Cheers,
Jonathan

i downloaded (Project Mayhem II,t9 ,blackrow) from the new link and when i choose any of them in xbmc , it refuses and says it is not comptable skin and require 2.00 or higher.
here is the debug log when using Project Mayhem II from the very first link.
thanks
You failed to install them correctly in that case. Probably due to having a nested folder in there. Layout should be:

skin/<skinname>/skin.xml
skin/<skinname>/720p

etc.

that exactly where they are , including the 3 default skins .
skin/<skinname>/
And what is in skin/<skinname>/ ?

Did you untar/gzip (something like win7z or winrar will do this for you)?

Did you ensure you transferred the correct directories to the correct place?

yes of course, i'm not an idiot Smile
inside the skin/<skinname>/ is the same structure as the 3 default folders .
also as i mentioned in my topic , if i start xbmc after it crashes , without deleting the new skin floder , it freezes , but i also see the background of the new skin and some buttons.
Let me be clear:

1. I've already addressed the original post. Those skins are out of date, and YES they will cause a crash. I've fixed the crash in SVN by enforcing their out of date-ness.

2. You reported you had some other issue (reports that the skin was less than version 2.0) with skins directly from the SVN link I gave you. Those skins are all version 2.1 or higher. Thus, you will be able to select them no problem at all, if you installed them correctly.

Cheers,
Jonathan

fsvum Wrote:i downloaded (Project Mayhem II,t9 ,blackrow) from the new link and when i choose any of them in xbmc , it refuses and says it is not comptable skin and require 2.00 or higher.
here is the debug log when using Project Mayhem II from the very first link.
thanks

Out of curiosity for a few of these skins, I tried this with SVN 20487 on xbox. Backrow loaded fine (although seemed too much for the xbox memory wise) and T9 was just greyed out of the selection list.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc crashes down if i change the skin ?0