• 32(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
chunk1982 Wrote:really!?
so why cant you view it without the aid of a proxy?? because the bbc do not have the rights to show stuff out side the uk! and yes when it cost me £120+ a year for this bullsh*t and you tell me it adds no cost to me it gets right under my skin! why should you watch what i pay for!?

Every UK citizen is getting ripped off the BBC are earning plenty of money without the need for taxing us. How much of the money we supposedly pay actually goes to BBC after its gone through Government!!

I thought the BBC were going to let the world view iplayer but non-uk would get advertisements before/after the programmes.

BBC should gets its act in gear. Unless we UK Licence fee payers can view our content on whatever home appliance we have then the licence fee should be waived. I live in a block of private flats and cannot receive any bbc channels by freeview, only the analogue bbc1 and 2 are available. Im still paying my TV licence fee.......but I dont know why...

Thats my views on this subject...Blush
Server: FreeNas 9 NAS: 6*3TB - Kodi Sql Database
Kodi Systems: Nvidia Shield Pro, G-Box Q (OpenElec), RikoMagic MK802 IV[
Skin: reFocus
bodra Wrote:Well I can say the get_iplayer workaround works for me except for any BBC HD content - which coincidently is the only content I'm really interested in.

All BBC HD streams die after 1 min. Anyone else seeing the same?

Never mind. I was using an old version of rtmpdump and it wasn't working at all. It's all good now.
ChoccyHobNob Wrote:Just thought I'd mention...

http://code.google.com/p/get-iplayer-lives/

Great find Smile

the svn seems to have all the right files... and with comprehensive readme's Smile Still looks like its being put together, i look forward to when it's finished Big Grin
In post #444 I mentioned the problem of finding an entry point (libeay32.dll). Tinkered around until I found that downgrading rtmpdump from ver 2.2b to ver 2.1 solved this problem.

I think the workaround for Windows is finally working for me. Had some instability at first, when it gave up after a minute or two, but I now believe this might have been caused by some other memory heavy things going on at the same time?
highlandsun Wrote:If you're going to be recompiling anyway, then just build xbmc with this patch

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8971

and it'll all work fine, on every platform.

If this patch gets implemented into XBMC will it solve this iPlayer problem?
chunk1982 Wrote:really!?
so why cant you view it without the aid of a proxy?? because the bbc do not have the rights to show stuff out side the uk! and yes when it cost me £120+ a year for this bullsh*t and you tell me it adds no cost to me it gets right under my skin! why should you watch what i pay for!?
Because I live in london, have a British passport and pay a licence fee.

It doesn't cost the BBC money (not even for bandwidth) when people outside of the UK view iplayer.
Am afraid I spoke too soon. The XBMC iplayer plugin normally exits after abt 3-5 minutes, and I have not been able to acertain any contributing factors. Have tried various versions of get_iplayer.pl and get_iplayer.cgi and 2.72 and 0.69 resp. seem to me to be the least unstable.

Has anyone else have got the Windows workaround functioning?
Hitcher Wrote:If this patch gets implemented into XBMC will it solve this iPlayer problem?

The iPlayer plugin will need a 2-line patch to take advantage of it, but basically yes.
Whatever peoples morals are about viewing it. You only need a bbc license to view live broadcasts. People living in the UK are quite ok to not have a tv license and watch tv via the iplayer catchup service (although the live streams come under the bbc remit). The BBC choose to only allow UK ips on their service and they are within their right.. If you can use a proxy, it is totally legal to do so.
highlandsun Wrote:The iPlayer plugin will need a 2-line patch to take advantage of it, but basically yes.

Am I right in the fact that the latest ffmpeg incorporates your latest librtmp, and once the passing format has been agreed (re: the current trac thread discussion), they will just need a new ffmpeg build, plus some small updates to their code, plus some updates to the python plugins to pass the url to xbmc in the new decided format, and everything should work as normal ?

as for the xbox1 version, it will require i guess building openssl or gnutls or something else to handle it i guess.
exobuzz Wrote:If you can use a proxy, it is totally legal to do so.

That's what I thought Smile

So....once we get the iplayer plugin woking again (and if anyone could post a definitive guide for windows users once it's all sorted that would be awesome), is configuring a proxy as simple as just setting XBMC's proxy settings?

Or is it more complicated than that?

Thanks!
exobuzz Wrote:Am I right in the fact that the latest ffmpeg incorporates your latest librtmp, and once the passing format has been agreed (re: the current trac thread discussion), they will just need a new ffmpeg build, plus some small updates to their code, plus some updates to the python plugins to pass the url to xbmc in the new decided format, and everything should work as normal ?

as for the xbox1 version, it will require i guess building openssl or gnutls or something else to handle it i guess.

XBMC uses librtmp directly, it doesn't access it through ffmpeg, so that part of the ffmpeg updates is not relevant. However, there are other patches to ffmpeg that are required to make Seek operations work. So yes, they need a new ffmpeg build.

Aside from that, yes, the plugins need to be updated to pass the URL in the new format, whatever it turns out to be. At the moment it looks like the format I defined for ffmpeg/mplayer will be used identically here.

In the meantime, in some cases you may be able to just use the existing XBMC code, and forward all RTMP requests to an rtmpsuck proxy on another machine. Set the rtmpurl to point to the proxy, and use item.setProperties to set the tcUrl to the real RTMP url.
highlandsun Wrote:The iPlayer plugin will need a 2-line patch to take advantage of it, but basically yes.

Would love to see BBC iPlayer working back on XBMC properly...
Pay my TV licence, and out-layed money on a TV and HTPC machine...

Some progs working ok for me... some stop at 70-80% which is as bad if not worse! When I try to Start it again and fast forward to where it stopped and it keeps stopping/freezing/re-starting. Can't get back to finish off the programme. No

Really wanna get this sorted proper..

Freestyler!
kiboy6 Wrote:So....once we get the iplayer plugin woking again (and if anyone could post a definitive guide for windows users once it's all sorted that would be awesome), is configuring a proxy as simple as just setting XBMC's proxy settings?

Should be yeh.
well i must thank the people here for sorting out a work arround for the iplayer. Its just a shame that we have to resort to such back-hand ways to get the content that we pay for.

Has anyone experianced a problem when running the workarround (linux varient) where the audio just craters and no longer works untill alsa is forced to re-load?

It happened to me last night while watching one of the High Def streams (video was SLOW and out of sync with audio, then audio stopped working).
Ill try and replicate the error tonight when i get a chance.
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13