• 34(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
here's exobuzz's readme for anyone like myself who was considering it (basically, this is promising, but i think i'll wait just because i don't like giving the family stuff that i know isn't going to last):

Quote:This is somewhat of a hack and will only work until BBC next update their iplayer swf player. The
modification is based on http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-boxee-iview/ (which uses some code from librtmp
http://rtmpdump.mplayerhq.hu/) but as it's for xbox, it was easier to
use crypt++ instead of openssl for the work.

A much better fix for this, is to use a new libRTMP, and get it to calculate the verification hash,
as needed, so that XBMC could work with a variety of such streams. I'm looking into some similar kind
of modification, or at least to make it so the plugin can pass the hash through, so it isn't hardcoded in the binary.

I recommend you install this alongside another working launcher/xbmc on your xbox, in case it doesn't work.
Do not just overwrite your currently working xbmc with this.

enjoy

/ buzz ([email protected])

and a direct link:
http://malus.exotica.org.uk/~buzz/xbmc/
Do note mind, that the hash has not changed since I first made the hack, and when it does, I will rebuild with the new hash. So it is a good solution to use until someone implements the new libRTMP on the xbox (if they do at all). I've not had time to look at doing this myself yet.

[edit] and no sooner should I mention it, than they go and update their player. Will upload a new build shortly.

[edit] a new hash isn't working. They maybe changes something else or I made a error. Will look into it. is get_iplayer etc still working fine ?
There seems to be a new problem with IPlayer. I can no longer get it working on Linux/Xbox and it seems unrelated to the swf verification. Perhaps they changed their url scheme, as I am getting an "access denied" for the streams. Perhaps the IPlayer script author can take a look ?
exobuzz Wrote:There seems to be a new problem with IPlayer. I can no longer get it working on Linux/Xbox and it seems unrelated to the swf verification. Perhaps they changed their url scheme, as I am getting an "access denied" for the streams. Perhaps the IPlayer script author can take a look ?

It seems to be working fine here. I just watched an episode of "Big N Small" with my lad Big Grin

I'm running live 9.11 final, used your method and few odd bits of my own thrown in to make it auto start.

Maybe just a problem at their end
I've just tried exobuzz's latest build of XBMC and iPlayer still doesn't work on my Xbox.

Thanks for the continued efforts though, guys.
Even the standard xbmc should work with the streams at least for a minute or so, but as of yesterday it doesn't seem to work, and the error logs seem to point to a new problem, and I wondered if IPlayer had changed their structure/url/parameters or something
I've PM'd Dink, to see if he has any thoughts.

You should post a pastebin of your log if you can, it might help him
I'm having problems too. Was working fine on my xbox until today. Now programmes are listed but won't play.

debug log: http://pastebin.com/Q48jAtNq

Any ideas?
Yep, borked here too.
Hitcher Wrote:Yep, borked here too.

Any thing in particular not working ?

Our little un has been using it to watch cbeebies with out problems.
Nothing plays basically.
Ignoring my hack and the swf verification, a plain xbox build or a plain linux build with the iplayer plugin doesnt work either. It should at least start playing the video, but it gets a permission denied it seems (at least looking at the logs).
A couple of years ago I had loads of working scripts. Now I have none. Has XBMC actually gone backwards?
Can anyone confirm if this is working or not on windows?
McGoogley Wrote:A couple of years ago I had loads of working scripts. Now I have none. Has XBMC actually gone backwards?

That's more to do with the ridiculous over reactions of content "owners" putting pointless hurdles in place that do nothing to stop commerical infringement but stifles profit-free development since the authors want to play by "the rules".

As with the internet in general, now the big corporations are trumpeting convergence you can expect them to use any and all legal stupidity to take away peoples work which was available for free, cripple it and rebox it for their own ends.

XBMC Iplayer is a perfect example / victim of all this.

No
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13