• 119(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
No idea, then ... is it the free or paid version?
Free version. I guess i should try another VPN? Would any of you recommend some other VPN or proxy (preferably free)?
If you recommend a proxy, please let me know how to use it cause i have no idea.
You can get a free 7 day trial for unblockus - there are easy to follow install guides. It's a so-called' smart dns service. Last time I tried it, it worked okay.

http://unblock-us.com/how-to-set-up/
castalla Wrote:You can get a free 7 day trial for unblockus - there are easy to follow install guides. It's a so-called' smart dns service. Last time I tried it, it worked okay.

http://unblock-us.com/how-to-set-up/

The problems seems to have been with Expat Shield because this one works! Thanks a lot.
It's not free after 7 days - but not expensive either!
Expat shield is a windows app though?

My problem is that I'm running the XBMC linux plug-in on a little dedicated atom machine under the TV -- I can't do much else other than type in the proxy info... I'll try the unblock-us solution tonight when I get home
My advice - switch your atom to windows! Helluva lot easier to administer. I have xbmc on an atom PC in win 7 32.

Maybe there are linux instructions for unblockus ... just browse to that url above and it should detect your system and give you the setup instructions.
castalla Wrote:It's not free after 7 days - but not expensive either!

I will probably get a premium account as it seems to support US content as well. So i can access iPlayer and Hulu without doing any changes to the app whatsoever!
castalla Wrote:My advice - switch your atom to windows! Helluva lot easier to administer. I have xbmc on an atom PC in win 7 32.

Maybe there are linux instructions for unblockus ... just browse to that url above and it should detect your system and give you the setup instructions.

There are no specific guides for linux - just checked.

I just checked in linux - you can change dns using the network manager - but seems a pain to me.

I have xbmcbuntu which gives access to a linux desktop where you can mess about with settings, etc. If you have a standalone linux xbmc then I think you'll have problems changing the dns.
castalla Wrote:A strange issue has arisen this evening when Live streams are set as Favourites.

Suddenly, selecting a BBC live stream in the favourites list resulted in xbmc locking up.

After quite a bit of investigating (uninstalling various programs, and reverting to a pre-Eden release), I believe the issue lies with an iPlayer setting:

Display dialog when Play pressed - on/off

Switching this to 'off' allows Favourites to work normally

I have no idea why this problem arose out-of-the-blue as I have been using BBC favourites for months without any problems.

I experienced the same problem on 2 different PCs.

Anybody else observed this issue?

Yes, same problem on my ATV2 running Eden RC2, without select off like you say everything freezes and I have to unplug the ATV2 to get out of it.

However now I changed the above after seeing your post all I get is a half a second of the selected programme before it stops. Help!!

Is this a common problem or is a log required?

(I am trying to find out myself but this a bloody big thread!)
Hmm, even stranger. If I select a programme it plays for a split seconds then stops. If I go out of the menus and long click on 'iplayer' to bring up the menu that including settings, I have the option of 'now playing'. If I select that I can watch the programme I just kicked out of?
xdoktor Wrote:hi all!
Wanted to ask if there is build of iplayer xbmc plugin that also includes streaming of other channels eg. C4, ITV etc...like the iplayer website canHuh?

no. and the iplayer website doesnt stream other channels - it links off to them
torch1 Wrote:Hmm, even stranger. If I select a programme it plays for a split seconds then stops. If I go out of the menus and long click on 'iplayer' to bring up the menu that including settings, I have the option of 'now playing'. If I select that I can watch the programme I just kicked out of?

i've seen this behaviour with iplayer, 4od and tvcatchup since eden beta releases... i'm using RC2 at the moment, but it is so random i always forget to get a log! d'oh!!

but as it's across multiple add-ons it is either an xbmc issue or the add-ons are missing somethign for eden.
I'm getting an issue where when I choose an episode to play the loading wheel spins then stops and I then hear the audio but the UI has frozen and the only thing I can do is restart X.
The UI is completely unresponsive to any button presses.

Here's a dump of the log from when I started iPlayer.
https://raw.github.com/gist/ba6527c20705...tfile1.txt

I'm using Eden B1 at the moment on Gentoo, this worked fine in ver 10.

Any ideas?

**UPDATE**
After disabling VDPAU and setting render mode to Software it plays now without issue.
I'm using the 295.20 nVidia drivers
System Info:
Win7 Ultimate, AMD system with onboard video (HD3300 - 12.2 drivers), 2GB RAM, DVI - monitor out.

I noticed this in the xbmc.log file. Is there something I can patch to update python?

Quote:00:42:15 T:4540 ERROR: C:\Users\House\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.iplayer\lib\iplayer2.py:8: DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
import md5
00:42:16 T:4540 ERROR: C:\Users\House\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.iplayer\lib\iplayer_search.py:5: DeprecationWarning: the sets module is deprecated
from sets import Set
  • 119(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13