• 157(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
Hello hope you can help me here downloaded BBC IPLAYER most things seem to work Ok except being able to watch live TV I am using WIN7 64 on a laptop been here for about 3 weeks making very slow progress but XBMC looks really good and will do everything I need it to do and also free up a lot of space I use at the moment
(2014-03-26, 21:15)pshepherd Wrote: I understand the BBC have recently made a change on their side which means that programme thumbnails now appear as grey reactangles. This was recently reported on the Logitech Squeezebox forum who have a similar add-on for radio programmes, see below:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread...29/page182

TIA, paul

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayerv2/...ail?id=146

Auntie have changed the location of the thumbnails for new programmes. I can see what this needs to be changed to, but it requires more information than just the PID being passed to "get_thumbnail" so there is quite a lot of unpicking to do....
Hello everybody I have loaded Iplayer and most thing seem to work on the old programmes but live TV I get nothing I am not in UK but have DNS on my laptop
For what it's worth, I also use Get iPlayer Automator. I can grab a programme and it will add the show and thumbnail right to iTunes. Might there be a 'fix' in that code?l
(2014-04-04, 16:00)sboyle92 Wrote: For what it's worth, I also use Get iPlayer Automator. I can grab a programme and it will add the show and thumbnail right to iTunes. Might there be a 'fix' in that code?l

As does get_iplayer.... The difference is that both of those read the thumbnail by sucking the "<media:thumbnail url=" statement directly from the feed.

This plugin grabs all the PIDs and creates a URL based on the old image location just using the PID. Beeb are no longer using the PID alone and you cannot grab the image just by knowing the PID.

What is passed to the get_thumbnail routine at the moment is JUST the PID. So it is not just the called routine that needs to change - the calling routines need to reference the metadata in the feed, not just the PID.

My concern is that parsing this much information will slow the plugin somewhat, but we'll just have to wait-and-see for that.

When I get a couple of free hours (ha !) I'll start taking a look. More than anything, it's bl**dy annoying.
OK - found a way to fix it, but getting intermittent results on one of my systems.

Give me another couple of hours and I should have a fix...
Fixed the grey/silver thumbnail issue. Patches for ./lib/iplayer2.py and ./lib/listparser.py are on the plugin page under issue 146:

(2014-04-21, 07:30)dlake02 Wrote: Fixed the grey/silver thumbnail issue. Patches for ./lib/iplayer2.py and ./lib/listparser.py are on the plugin page under issue 146:

Thanks for the fix, I've updated iPlayer (v2.5.41) in my repo until exobuzz does it officially.
Hi, I am new to XBMC. Recently bought an OUYA as my XBMC box, SPMC installed

I have difficulties when using the iPlayer addon. thumbnail grey out mentioned in the threads above is one thing. But for me, I have playback issue as well. While I can play contents from the beginning without problem, whenever I fast forward, the video just frozen at the same frame, but audio keep running Strangely though, I can access XBMC settings and menu without problem. So that means the application was not frozen, XBMC still running, but the video just refused to show up.

I then stopped the playback, go back to video addon -> iPlayer play the same video by resuming to the last position, this time there was just no video. I got stuck in the XBMC menu page, background became grey instead of blue (the skin default beground), audio keep on playing, just no video. Again, the application seems to be running, not frozen, but video not playing

Eventually, I have to go back to iPlayer add on page, remove the resume point, play from the beginning, then it works. But then, I cannot fast forward the position where I left coz of the issue mentioned above.

Anyone came across this issue before? Any suggestion to sort it out? I have the same issue with ITV add on as well. But haven't had any problem with other online content addon (e.g. icefilms)

Thanks.
Yeah I was experiencing that last weekend on my Ouya. I installed the beta 4 of XBMC 13 and it handles things better. Not perfect but not as disastrous as SPMC.
(2014-04-25, 20:04)VanZan Wrote: Yeah I was experiencing that last weekend on my Ouya. I installed the beta 4 of XBMC 13 and it handles things better. Not perfect but not as disastrous as SPMC.

Thanks for the reply.

You reckon that's the XBMC problem rather than the addon's issue?

So far what other issues have you encountered by used the Gotham build?

Thanks. I am now so close to return my OUYA to Amazon to be honest. I reckon I will be happier with notebook + HDMI given that I am not playing games on the OUYA anyway. The one reason I am keeping it just because the minimal power consumption. Undecided
I have no idea what the source of the problem is.....just that things are a lot better in Gotham! There are a few niggles with Gotham but it is a beta after all and all my addons are working. Surely it's worth a go before you get rid?
Version 2.5.5 - https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...sp=sharing

changes:
* fix for broken thumbnails - thanks to dlake
* fixed thumbnail cache
* regular expression optimisations - thanks to neil
* removed play dialog that caused issues for some users (and wasn't particularly useful).
* harmonise logging - thanks to neil
* fixed episode sorting - thanks to doug
* improved stream selection based on user preferences - thanks to doug
Thanks, updated on my repo.
Cheers!
  • 157(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13