This plugin enables (UK only) the playing of TV & Radio catchup content from the BBC IPlayer website. Live radio and TV feeds are also supported.
This thread takes over from the original IPlayer development thread.
The Google Code page for this plugin is http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayerv2/
TV streams supported*: 512x288 VP6@512Kbs, 640x360 H.264@800Kbs, 832x468 H.264@1500Kbs & 1280x720 H.264@3200Kbs
Radio streams support*: Real, MP3 & AAC
*Note - not all streams available for all episodes nor supported on all platforms
To install this plugin either
- Download the IPlayer .zip file and follow the XBMC plugin installation instructions
- Use the SVN Repo installer
- If you are having a problem with the plugin or just have a query please do read the documentation and do a search of this thread before posting.
- If you believe you have found a bug or would like to request a feature then create a new issue.
- This plugin doesn't work outside of the UK. The BBC IPlayer service ensures that only UK IP addresses can access IPlayer content.
- For Live TV a Windows or Linux build of at least SVN:21747 (2009-07-18) is required. For XBox support use a build of at least SVN:21819 .
- For Windows and Linux users some of the Radio streams don't work. XBMC on Windows and Linux does not support the rtsp:// protocol which is needed by some of the catchup and live radio streams.
- This plugin supports the Flash H.264 HD streams but needs an XBMC build, Windows or Linux, SVN:20015 or later. Configure video streams via the plugins settings.
- This plugin supports Flash H.264 800Kb streams on the XBox but needs at least a build SVN:20810.
- This plugin supports the Flash AAC radio streams but needs an XBMC build, Windows or Linux, SVN:20015 or later. Configure audio streams via the plugins settings.
The original XBMC forum for this plugin contains a host of interesting bits of information on using this plugin. Please search there first before posting, your query may have already been answered.
- Answer for I have the latest version of XBMC 9.04 and it doesn't play H.264 streams correctly
- Answer for When I select iPlayer in the menu it just lists the contents of that folder] and install not working
- Answer for how do you use the Radio "Listen Live" feature on Windows or Linux
- Answer for Video streaming not working - What country does the BBC believe you are in and here
- Answer for Can I use this plugin to download rather than stream
- Answer for all the streams are constantly buffering. It will play sucessfully for 20 seconds or so and then buffer for 20 seconds
- Answer for Is the BBC application a xbmc plugin or script : - )
- Answer for - Does the plugin support subtitles. Yes just enable subtitles in the plugin settings.
- Answer for How do I speed up the buffering for Radio programmes or the cache size for radio is too large
- Answer for IPlayer listings are not being updated/go stale
This project is based on a no longer maintained XBMC Iplayer project.
Thanks for all the hard work by the XBMC guys and to Frosty and motd2k for the RTMP patches that enable this plugin.