IR Remote broken as of at least b20445
IR remote doesn't work at all since at least build 20445 (May 18). Good thing I have Rowmote as a backup on my AppleTV or I'd be stuck.

The remote works fine in the stable release of Babylon btw. Something's killed it after that release.

Culprit is this in console.log: (Each line shows up as soon as a button is pressed)

XBMCHelper[431] Unknown button for cookiestring 15_14_12_7_23_
XBMCHelper[431] Unknown button for cookiestring 23_
XBMCHelper[431] Unknown button for cookiestring 15_14_12_7_

UPDATE:

Killing the XBMCHelper process restores IR functionality and the above errors go away.
geebee75 Wrote:IR remote doesn't work at all since at least build 20445 (May 18). Good thing I have Rowmote as a backup on my AppleTV or I'd be stuck.

The remote works fine in the stable release of Babylon btw. Something's killed it after that release.

Culprit is this in console.log: (Each line shows up as soon as a button is pressed)

XBMCHelper[431] Unknown button for cookiestring 15_14_12_7_23_
XBMCHelper[431] Unknown button for cookiestring 23_
XBMCHelper[431] Unknown button for cookiestring 15_14_12_7_

UPDATE:

Killing the XBMCHelper process restores IR functionality and the above errors go away.

Sounds like you used XBMCHelper from Babylon release. You need to delete XBMCHelper from the app bundle. Launcher does this on installation.
The ATV works slightly different regarding the AppleRemote and if you're not using MultiFinder, there's even no XBMCHelper used. We get IR from FrontRow (incl. learned buttons).

cheers,
mdd

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IR Remote broken as of at least b204450