What's optimal sizes and amounts for custom images?
I've created a folder called 'backgrounds' in the Dash folder and have subfolders for each menu item. It does seem a little glitchty though, I'm using the version 2.1 for the Xbox.

In my movies folder I have a bout 25 images all of which are Jpeg no more than 200kb. It seems to load them ok but initially starts with a blank black background and then goes blank black in between every background.

Can't the next image be cached while the current one is showing? Each background images displays for around 10 seconds, and then goes black for 10 seconds..

[EDIT]

I've now reduced a selection of only 3 images to under 50k (jpg) no difference, this black display seems to appear still. It doesn't seem to matter if the images are 50k or 2mb there is still this delay. So the amount of images or the size doesn't seem to have any bearing on this.

Also.. If I scroll through the menu items and an image is displayed straight away on that selection by jumping up to next menu item and back again will display a different image straight away. Again this reinforces the fact that the image size or quantity is not the issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What's optimal sizes and amounts for custom images?0