Better roadmap visibility
Lightbulb 
I know there is a roadmap and it is great, to see what is being worked on and what we can expect in a next release... but it is not a very easy to find roadmap. From the main page (http://xbmc.org) it takes at least 3 clicks to get it on the screen.

I would suggest writting a little widget pulling this data from the Trac system and putting it on the opening screen or at least on a screen with the same layout and styling as the main screen. This would nto replace Trac it would just offer an alternate way of viewing this data. A sort of Trac skin if you like.
The problem is the roadmap is very much in flux, and really only represents the opinions of what will be done by whoever wrote it up (and whoever they consulted). It doesn't necessarily imply that such things will be done, either for the next release, or ever. It's stuff we want to do, but likely won't have time to do half of. In some ways, then, it's good if it's hidden away a bit :p

We're really missing a person or two to take responsibility for handling these sort of things and ensure that content on the website is kept up to date. Writing up content and for the site is sorely needed. Unfortunately finding people that have the time, skills, and impetus to produce content for the site is difficult.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

For reference, I think that rcoops is talking about this roadmap that we have on trac:
http://trac.xbmc.org/roadmap
Today it gets updated manually when new features/functions been added to the SVN.

Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Gamester17 Wrote:For reference, I think that rcoops is talking about this roadmap that we have on trac:
http://trac.xbmc.org/roadmap
Today it gets updated manually when new features/functions been added to the SVN.

Wink

That is indeed the roadmap I am was talking about, sorry for not making that clear in the original post. Sad

I would offer my own time to help out with the site and or at least the roadmap but I have no idea how much time I would actually be able to put in. Between work, home and a sorry excuse for a social life I usually have no more then a few hours a week at most to spend behind a computer for things other then work. Anyway if the team is intrested in some help with the site you are welcome to drop me a line and I'll see what I can do.
There are plans to reorganize the menu bar on the main page, which will put a link to the tracker on the top level. We need to move some info to the wiki before we can continue with that. Then the roadmap will only be 2 clicks away Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Better roadmap visibility0