projectM black screen
@succo: strange, don't know what to tell you, since it works here. Can you test what happens, if instead of using LC_ALL='C' setting LC_NUMERIC='C' ? Leaving LC_ALL alone of course.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
changing the line i added to /usr/local/bin/xbmc to export LC_NUMERIC="C" makes projectM work on all the sources i throw at it, just like export LC_ALL
now i'm going to make a reallyclean on my source, maybe some files were left ahead of some old build and will let you know Smile
after building 25936 with reallyclean, still it doesn't work... i guess there must be some other floating point lost somewhere in the code, even if i can't understand why it works for you and doesn't for me... what is your locale and how is it different from mineHuh
Line 66 of xbmc.cpp does exactly the same thing, just as a cpp function:
setlocale(LC_NUMERIC, "C");

No idea why that should fail to be honest. If you are fond of playing around a bit, you could add the following right after the setlocale line and see if it outputs anything to your console (run xbmc from console):
printf ("LC_NUMERIC is: %s\n", setlocale(LC_NUMERIC,NULL) );
(this is untested though, if it doesn't compile blame me not being a dev Wink ).
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
who would have said it... it outputs LC_NUMERIC is C Smile
but it outputs the LC_NUMERIC value of the time xbmc is started... maybe i'd need to put the printf string somewhere just after the vis is triggered, even if it seems to me to be quite strange that something would change the locale again after xbmc start
now i'm trying to put locale in english (US) just to see if it changes anything

edit: did it, and it works quite well if i set locale to en_EN.UTF-8
what does change the locale again after xbmc startHuh??
ahem... i submitted to pastebin the output to grep -r LC_ * in my xbmc dir...
i personally don't find anything strange within... maybe it' s something which is NOT contained in it, could it be? i mean, could it be that somewhere we needed to configure with LC_ALL=C and we didn't? even if, would it be like that, as i guess who mantains the ppa has english as a default language, the ppa builds would have to be ok, and they aren't
am i just having a delirium? Smile
Weird, not sure what to tell you since it works here and the locale is clearly getting set. Very strange indeed.
Hm, strange - on my dad's pc with ubuntu karmic I can reproduce the issue - the LC_NUMERIC fix doesn't seem to work here unless I export the environment var manually.
clumsy, what locale are you set to? i'd like to try to set my locale to that and try what happens, just to be sure Smile
as i think i already said, i set the locale to EN_us and everything worked as expected, projectm on everything, but not with IT_it... what's the magic for you?
On both my machines LC_NUMERIC is set to "de_DE@euro".

On my archlinux box the mentioned fix works and projectM doesn't cause problems.

On my dad's ubuntu box, it doesn't work and I have to export LC_NUMERIC in /usr/bin/xbmc.

Don't ask me why Smile
so, could it be possible to have the export LC_NUMERIC="C" line inserted in xbmc.sh.in by the devs, at least until this is investigated and, hopefully, solvedHuh

btw, happy xmas to the forum :p
I completely agree with succo: regarding the change to xbmc script and regarding the happy xmas!! Laugh
the strange issue with projectm turning blank seems to still exist in xbmc 10.1 (tested with ubuntu maverick on my ASRock Ion 330 HT using both confluence and transparency skins). The issue appeared yesterday for no apparent reason. Did I mention I didn't change anything on my xbmc box?

The other visualisations (opengl and wave form) work just fine. The debug log doesn't include anything suspicious.

I put export LC_NUMERIC=C at the start of /usr/bin/xbmc-standalone as a workaround.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
projectM black screen1