Karaoke Music Videos?
Question 
Hello,

I searched up and down the forum before I start a new thread. If the feature is already existed, please help point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Basically, I have a collection of Karaoke Videos which is essentially a Music Videos with Lyrics being hardcoded into the video. The Music Video files is either in the VOB or MKV format. The video portion is encoded either in MPEG-2 DVD, or H264 codec. There are 2 separate audio tracks, encoded in MP3, in the files; with track 1 as Singer Vocal, and track 2 as Karaoke Music only. By switching the audio tracks, Karaoke mode is enabled. I knew the current Karaoke mode that XBMC has is only for traditional karaoke file, with normal Karaoke feature such as reserving the next songs by entering the permanent song numbers.

My question is Can XBMC used the VOB, or MKV file in the Karaoke mode with the option to switch audio tracks to enable the Karaoke Video? It seems that all the features for it are there in the XBMC, but can it work together since the Karaoke mode described in the Online Manual doesn't say so.

Also, can XBMC record the karaoke singing?

Will the pitch control, tempo control, and key control be implemented in XBMC?

Thank you very much.
Did you get any answers or find any as i am interested in karaoke too.
Quote:My question is Can XBMC used the VOB, or MKV file in the Karaoke mode with the option to switch audio tracks to enable the Karaoke Video?

XBMC can do it, but not in Karaoke mode.
Basically Karaoke mode is based on MUSIC files which have additional data (like lyrics and video).
What you need is VIDEO mode; you just play a video file, and switch the audio track to the one which contains karaoke. You do not need Karaoke mode for that.
oldnemesis Wrote:XBMC can do it, but not in Karaoke mode.
Basically Karaoke mode is based on MUSIC files which have additional data (like lyrics and video).
What you need is VIDEO mode; you just play a video file, and switch the audio track to the one which contains karaoke. You do not need Karaoke mode for that.

Thank you for your respond. I was using the video to play karaoke, but there is a couple problem which made it is hard to use.

1. Switch audio track is not simple, need to go thru the sub menu for every song. Also, there is an audio sync issue when switching track, causing the audio playing fast to catch up to the current video.

2. Can not really reserve the song like the karaoke function. Karaoke song reservation thru some song number would make it work wonder. I was using the webserver and a remote PC to add song to the playlist, but issue #1 made is difficult to use.

Unfortunately, I don't know where to start on programming. Thanks.
Unfortunately there is absolutely no way to understand whether a specific video contains karaoke or not. Therefore auto-renumbering would not work, unless you want all your others videos indexed too.

The indexer is part of MusicDatabase, so you'd need to move it to the video database, change the scheme and so on. If you're proficient in C++, shouldn't be a problem though.
fantoma Wrote:Thank you for your respond. I was using the video to play karaoke, but there is a couple problem which made it is hard to use.

1. Switch audio track is not simple, need to go thru the sub menu for every song. Also, there is an audio sync issue when switching track, causing the audio playing fast to catch up to the current video.

2. Can not really reserve the song like the karaoke function. Karaoke song reservation thru some song number would make it work wonder. I was using the webserver and a remote PC to add song to the playlist, but issue #1 made is difficult to use.

Unfortunately, I don't know where to start on programming. Thanks.

@fantoma: can you let me know how you can make reservation on song number for vob files? i also want to use xbmc for video karaoke but there's isn't a big demand or support on this forum for these features.
fantoma Wrote:My question is Can XBMC used the VOB, or MKV file in the Karaoke mode with the option to switch audio tracks to enable the Karaoke Video? It seems that all the features for it are there in the XBMC, but can it work together since the Karaoke mode described in the Online Manual doesn't say so.

Also, can XBMC record the karaoke singing?

Will the pitch control, tempo control, and key control be implemented in XBMC?
Thank you for asking these questions! I've been wanting to know if XBMC will ever implement these features as well. It would make my Xbox a very nice karaoke machine. The numbering of video karaoke files along with the pitch changer features would be so ideal.

Count me as another one to request these features. I signed up just to request. Thanks to all for making XBMC so awesome.
I would be greatly appreciates to get this feature added to xbmc. Been looking all over for this feature and found this thread...unfortunately there are not very many people interested in this but I'm putting in my vote anyways and hoping some developers will have the time to look into this.
Big GrinI would be greatly appreciates to get this feature added to xbmc. Been looking all over for this feature and found this thread
same

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Karaoke Music Videos?0