The main changes are as follows:
- Changed the way background images are loaded to make the transitions and loading a lot smoother (ONLY WORKS ON NEWER BUILDS OF XBMC!!)
- Changed the way the code works for the backgrounds so that there is now separate Hide Fanart options for movies, tv shows, videos and music (they can now be configured independently of each other)
- Updated the look of the slider control so that it fits better with rest of controls (see below)
- Added new Slider Dialog (see below)
- Added option to hide white noise background
- Fixed hiding of Weather item on Home screen
- Fixed Content Type labels display
- Added Finish Time to Video OSD
- Tidied up the look of the images used to select options on the Video/Music OSDs (Bookmarks, Audio Settings etc)
- Tidied up widths of labels in list views (so that text does not overlap with watched icon)
- Tidied up code for Videos submenu on Home screen (fix issues with Playlists etc)
- Fixed label for weather on home option (was 'Show' but should have been 'Hide')
- Fixed it so that Show Plot option will not show up in Options Menu when using High List view
- Added 66 new studio logos
- Added 18 new tv network logos
- Tidied up some of the studio and network logos to make sure they are sized better in the skin
- Added default file and default folder images
- Added Korean translation (thanks to kimp93)
- Added Dutch translation (thanks to jorisdekloris)
- Portuguese translation (thanks to xbs08)
- Added Hebrew translation (thanks to logictester)
- Added Spanish translation (thanks to laope and Melandryu)
- Added Danish translation (thanks to PiNCH)
New slider style in Video OSD:
New Slider Dialog:
This is fantastic for fine tuning audio offset etc as it allows you to see the video properly whilst adjusting it
Lots of new and updated tv network and movie studio logos:
In order to get the best out of this release you need to be using a version of XBMC built in the in the last week or so (since the changes to XBMC to allow background loading of multiimages). A new version of t3ch was released for xbox on 21st May, any earlier t3ch builds will not work with the skin.
If you do decide to use it without an up to date version of XBMC then you'll probably find that none of the backgrounds appear. You have been warned.
If you do find any problems or have any suggestions on improvements to the skin please describe them as fully as possible and give screenshots where possible.
Have fun and enjoy!
Skin download link -
The skin itself does not contain any real background images since most users will already have a set of background images that they like (for MediaStream and Aeon skins etc) and I assume most users will be using fanart for the Movies and TV Shows anyway.
I have a nice set of custom background images that I use and aim to provide download links so that users can use these if they want.
Background download links -
Movies - Movies Backgrounds 1 Movies Backgrounds 2
TV Shows - TV Show Backgrounds
Videos - Videos Backgrounds
Music - Music Backgrounds
Pictures - Pictures Backgrounds
System - System Backgrounds
Power - Power Backgrounds
DVD - DVD Backgrounds
The skin is setup to work with Weather Fanart (the weather background should match the current weather conditions) and to get this working properly I recommend downloading timdog's Weather Fanart pack