MiniMeedia v0.80 Released (21/05/2009)
Love this skin! Would like to thank you for your excellent work. Its exactly what I have been looking for, simple sleek and fast! Run amazing on Apple TV!
I Had to update my build on the xbox but man it is runs so freaking smooth now with your skin and applause for the smoothness of the backgrounds.

Memory problems on my xbox are history. XBOX is still in the game Nod

Home 35 MB
Movies 24 MB
TV series 25 MB

All Fanart and Background-folders 1280x720

skunkm0nkee you made me very happy Big Grin like always.
jmarshall Wrote:As skunkm0nkee pointed out: To get the benefits of the background loading stuff that this skin is using (and indeed, for the skin to work at all like it's supposed to work) you need a recent SVN version, i.e. something from about r20300 onwards.

The final babylon releases are not new enough.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Just upgraded to the latest SVN build of 20439. Everything is working now. Thanks for the heads up.
feikenberg Wrote:I would love to use your skin as my default one but as deano72 already pointed out, for us ATV users it would be very important to have a stop / pause button on the osd whilst watching a film since we can't send those commands with the apple remote.

I'll look into adding player controls (at the very least stop/pause buttons).

For those that want to keep right up to date with the development of the skin, I try to post updates to twitter whenever I make any changes so follow me on there for the latest news. (I do post everything in here eventually but it may only be when I do a release that some developments are mentioned)
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
Hope some can help out a total noob, it's my first time using linux. How do l upgrade to the latest svn version if i'm running live cd version from hard drive. l have looked all over the forums but can't find an easy way to do it.

By the way skunkm0nkee, your skin is fantastic, just what l was looking for.

Thanks

Fuzz
New t3ch release is out for all you xbox users, dated 21st May. That should include the required changes for the skin to work properly. Big Grin

(I've updated the first post accordingly)
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
xbox users can also google "xbmc nightly builds"

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
skunkm0nkee have a look to scripts there isn't a background.

Again this skin with new build is incredible, my xbox has never run so smooth.

And using all features of xbmc. Thought this was never going to happen and you did it.

thx
I found a place where to download nightly builds for the ATV. Now everything is working nice and smooth. Here is the link, just in case anybody else might be interested:

http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/
Waffa Wrote:skunkm0nkee have a look to scripts there isn't a background.
Done, fixed for next release.

Waffa Wrote:Again this skin with new build is incredible, my xbox has never run so smooth.

And using all features of xbmc. Thought this was never going to happen and you did it.

thx

Thank you Big Grin

It wasn't my original intention to create a slim skin for the xbox at all. I intended to create a more minimal skin that would allow the media fanart, posters and other images to take centre stage and it just so happens that seems to work very well on the xbox (especially when compared to memory hungry, and texture intensive, skins like MediaStream and Aeon).

It works fantastically well (and very smooth with the new background stuff JM did) on my PC at home too. Still a few things I want to do with it but it's definitely getting there Nod
Man you need to change that font it not fit with the entire designNo
I found a weird bug, TV fanart doesn't show up on episodes missing cached thumbnails. If you assign a thumb the fanart will show, but only for episodes with cached thumbs.

Some pictures to show what I mean:

episode with auto generated thumb and a random TV background appears instead of current show's fanart

previous screen shot assigned as episode thumbnail and the show's appropriate fanart appears
Hi skunkm0nkee, the skin is truly remarkable.

It totally fits all my needs but alas i am still stuck with a CRT 4:3 TV. Please please please with sugar on top, is there any chance there could be an option to enlarge the fonts a bit (preferably the Arial fonts)?
Right now the fonts are just readable (it does train my eyes constantly...hey maybe my optometrist would approve... Smile) and i think that just a step or two in font size would do wonders.
If not then ill have to use my Uni tuition money to buy an LCD TV Wink...

thx again for all your awesome work!

Zeltak
onupirat Wrote:Man you need to change that font it not fit with the entire designNo

Hell no No

Font is perfect !!!

edit:
wauw and it's also your first post.
jalesm Wrote:I found a weird bug, TV fanart doesn't show up on episodes missing cached thumbnails. If you assign a thumb the fanart will show, but only for episodes with cached thumbs.

Some pictures to show what I mean:

episode with auto generated thumb and a random TV background appears instead of current show's fanart

previous screen shot assigned as episode thumbnail and the show's appropriate fanart appears

I'll look into it.

Off the top of my head I think I just display the fanart if it exists so it could be that XBMC doesn't assign the fanart image to the episode until the episode gets a thumbnail? Will have a play about and see if I can track it down

onupirat Wrote:Man you need to change that font it not fit with the entire designNo

Hehe, thanks for signing up and using your first post for that opinion. It's not one I share or I wouldn't have used the font in the first place but thanks anwyay.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MiniMeedia v0.80 Released (21/05/2009)1