MiniMeedia v0.80 Released (21/05/2009)
Yep, can connect to webserver.
Hi Again

I dont know if its a bug/a feature i dont see how to configure or just the way it is on a CRT but the osd when i press info or ff/rew only shows a clock on the upper left corner. I tried toggling the minimal osd option with no results.

thx again for the awesome skin

Zeltak
zeltak Wrote:Hi Again

I dont know if its a bug/a feature i dont see how to configure or just the way it is on a CRT but the osd when i press info or ff/rew only shows a clock on the upper left corner. I tried toggling the minimal osd option with no results.

thx again for the awesome skin

Zeltak

You'll have to calibrate xbmc.
System / Appearence / Screen / Video Calibration

thonton Wrote:and a request :-)
it would be nice to see the running time in low list movie view. there seems to be space between year and rating.

That space is for the MPAA rating icon.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
I really like this theme Smile
Has a good layout, nice clean graphics.

Only thing I'm missing after using Aeon for awhile is the Multiplex Info, but I think its just not made for every skin... But would be nice if a Viewtype similar to Multiplex would be there. I dunno, with Multiplex it just looks so... Home Cinema like Wink

Other thing I noticed is, that it would be nice to be able to select single Images as a Backdrop.

But other than that: I really like it. I even prefer it over Aeon right now due to the Actor Thumbnails, clean layout and support for wide TV Show Thumbs.

Things I would like to see are:

- A bigger Showcase Menu, and somehow the icons doesnt seem centered but a little off, I always have kind of a black space right of the Icons. I use it on my Laptop, 1440x900 Resolution, if that makes any sense...
Multiplex info is nice, but is totaly out of concept with this skin.
The build in info (info button) is already very nice.Nod
Also is it not supported by xbmc and you have to place the extra thumbs in your files..

Single Images as a Backdrop, just put 1 image in a folder I would say.Big Grin

Black space right of the Icons Huh If you mean the covers, they do overlap with 1280x720.
I would like to suggest two features for MiniMeedia:

1. The ability to flip fanart horizontally (mirror image), i saw this in a skin but i can't remember witch.

2. A shutdown timer in shutdown menu, like in PM3.HD, when up/down is pressed with shutdown focused.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Awesome skin!

Couple questions:

On mediastream i had the weather fan art set on the home depending on weather, do i need to make the same changes i did in home.xml and weather.xml?

Also, i see where to set the backgrounds for programs, system, power, and dvd. Can i set the backgrounds for movies and tvshow?
Hi Again

Ive tested the skin on my laptop and another machine and i still dont get OSD on video playback. I only get the time and the pause button but no time left, current length etc..

Someone suggested calibrating the screen (??) ive even tried that but i dont think it has to do with the OSD.

Hope it s a bug and not an evil Voodo curse against me.. Smile

thx

Zeltak
Been having a break from the computer over the last few days so have to catch up on a few things now. Here goes:

jalesm Wrote:I found a weird bug, TV fanart doesn't show up on episodes missing cached thumbnails. If you assign a thumb the fanart will show, but only for episodes with cached thumbs.
Fixed for next release.

Waffa Wrote:I like to rate my music songs, you can do it very easy in visualation view by pressing up or down arrow on your remote.
It still works but the info label in visualation view does not show rating so you can't see what you're setting.
Please have a look at it.
Not too sure what you mean, do you mean that it doesn't show the 1 out of 5 etc? Can you post a screenshot to illustrate what's missing?

Waffa Wrote:xbs08 you're right ..
But music fanart only works in artist, not with album and songs.
Fixed for next release.

Waffa Wrote:Hey skunkm0nkee, did already ask if you want to implement movie genre thumbnails.
In serenity and Aeon you have to place them into the skin textures.xpr And the skin will show them.
You have already studio thumbs in your textures.xpr. Please let them show if your in library mode and search under studios.

And please consider to add movie genre thumbs to your textures.xpr. So that those also show.
Asphinx has really nice ones.Nod

Digitalhigh did at them in no time to his skin. Wasn't difficult he said.Rofl

Thanks in advance
I don't have any plans to add genre thumbs to the xpr at this time. That may change in the future but at the moment it's not on the agenda. As far as I'm aware you can still download the genre images yourself and assign them to the various genres so you will see them when browsing to the Genres entry point?

thonton Wrote:weather doesnt show background, not on home, not in weather detail.
Have you downloaded the weather fanart pack as mentioned in the first post? It may also be worthwhile sticking an image or two in the root of the weather images so that there is something to display when you can't get a connection to the current weather conditions.

zeltak Wrote:I dont know if its a bug/a feature i dont see how to configure or just the way it is on a CRT but the osd when i press info or ff/rew only shows a clock on the upper left corner. I tried toggling the minimal osd option with no results.
It's certainly not a feature but not sure why it's not working for you (it seems to work fine for me). In the next release I've done a few tweaks to the OSD anyway so hopefully it'll work properly for you then.

Try4Ce Wrote:Things I would like to see are:

- A bigger Showcase Menu, and somehow the icons doesnt seem centered but a little off, I always have kind of a black space right of the Icons. I use it on my Laptop, 1440x900 Resolution, if that makes any sense...
I plan to revisit the Showcase view pretty soon as I coded it way back near the start of development and haven't really polished and improved it since. (I mostly use the list views so don't really see it too often. Out of sight, out of mind etc etc)

xbs08 Wrote:I would like to suggest two features for MiniMeedia:

1. The ability to flip fanart horizontally (mirror image), i saw this in a skin but i can't remember witch.

2. A shutdown timer in shutdown menu, like in PM3.HD, when up/down is pressed with shutdown focused.
1. Not sure about this as the flag would flip all fanart (it's not really practical to have separate flags for every piece of fanart) and I would guess that isn't really what you want?

2.Yep, I plan to add a decent shutdown timer at some point

jmadonald Wrote:On mediastream i had the weather fan art set on the home depending on weather, do i need to make the same changes i did in home.xml and weather.xml?
Nope, weather background is already setup to be based on the current weather conditions.

jmadonald Wrote:Also, i see where to set the backgrounds for programs, system, power, and dvd. Can i set the backgrounds for movies and tvshow?
Yep, you'll find the required options in the TV Shows and Movies sections of the Skin settings.
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
Thank you for this amazing skin. Its now my default. Keep up the great work.
I think i saw this option in PM3.HD... if i remember correctly this only flip/mirror the fantart that you wanted not all.

Found this if it is of any help:
http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/16705
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5531

xbs08 Wrote:I think i saw this option in PM3.HD... if i remember correctly this only flip/mirror the fantart that you wanted not all.

Found this if it is of any help:
http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/16705
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5531

Aha, it's something that's been added to XBMC itself. Will look into it and hopefully have it added pretty soon. Thanks for pointing that out
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
Where can i find 1920x1080 images from the backgrounds you use?
jorisdekloris Wrote:Where can i find 1920x1080 images from the backgrounds you use?

No idea I'm afraid as I can't even remember where I got most of them. The collection of images I have has been gradually built up over time and came from quite a few places I think.

As far as I remember I never scaled any of them though so if the original was 1920x1080 then it should still be that size.
jorisdekloris Wrote:Where can i find 1920x1080 images from the backgrounds you use?

I did original upload all those backrounds as torrent. ( My background folder, nice to see that other users like them.)

backgrounds 1280x720

Same backgrounds but HD

HD Backgrounds 16x9

Tell me If I need to seed them. Big Grin
Weather fanart addon 2 is also comming soon, have a lot off new images.Nod

skunkm0nkee Wrote:Not too sure what you mean, do you mean that it doesn't show the 1 out of 5 etc? Can you post a screenshot to illustrate what's missing?

Yeah indeed, the 1 out of 5 stars (song rating) doesn't show in the (little) info field and it needs to because you can set it when visualsation view is showing by pressing up/down. Try it out in MediaStream it's a nice feature.

Btw. song rating can also be set by pressing info and go to rating and set it.
But setting it in visualsation view, is easier and faster.

skunkm0nkee you probably overlooked it.
Did mension it in 0.75 and wasn't fixed in 0.80
Please have a look at it.

Waffa Wrote:There is a box that shows in which catogory you are (bleu text).
I do miss in some catogories - views the text.
Programs
Music
Pictures
Scripts (also have no background in scipts)
videos (not missing but can't read it)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MiniMeedia v0.80 Released (21/05/2009)1