Is it possible to eliminate thumbs?
Hello.

AppleTV: 2.3.1 software
9.04 Babylon: (R19953)
Meadiastream v1.00: (SVN R2121)
Launcher: 3.0

I apologize if this has been discussed and I overlooked the thread. I did look a bit. I also apologize if I am somehow posting in the wrong section.

That said, I have no real complaint. I love XBMC on AppleTV. But here's what I'm wondering about: I've successfully went through and scanned for fan art for my movie shares. Those that it hiccuped on I was able to go in and manually find. All is cool. I set the share as my default. So after doing all this I navigate to "Watch Your Movies" and I was blown away by the fan art. It was all that was on the screen except an almost transparent list of the movies. As I scrolled through the movies each one was nothing but a beautiful poster of the movie and the semi-transparent list.

It was like this for two whole days. Now all of the sudden half of the background fan art is obscured and there's a thumb to the left of the list. I've been poking around trying to get it to revert to the way it was (sans thumb). But am unable to do so.

Is it possible, or was the whole thing a fluke in the first place? It's a very minor thing and likely not even worth mentioning -- but it just looked even more incredible without the thumb!

Thanks.
Moving this to the Mediastream forum as there are good odds it's something with the skin/view settings. You'll get better visibility there.
audiophile

Sounds like you have just changed view types .. When looking at your movie library press right on your remote etc to initiate the settings etc then close from the list at the top to get the view mode you like.

Alternatively if thats not it then you have changed some skin specific settings .. These can be found by accessing Settings via the main blade on home.

Hope that helps.

D
JustMeD Wrote:audiophile

Sounds like you have just changed view types .. When looking at your movie library press right on your remote etc to initiate the settings etc then close from the list at the top to get the view mode you like.

Alternatively if thats not it then you have changed some skin specific settings .. These can be found by accessing Settings via the main blade on home.

Hope that helps.

D

The suggestions are much appreciated. After messing around with the settings, I am still unable to revert to the previous format. Of course, it's possible that I am overlooking something obvious. And I haven't tried every possible combination yet. So I may just need to monkey around with it a bit more. I was able to remove the thumbs, but then the list of movies just takes over the whole screen width wise.

I am attaching (? - or trying to) a link to a picture. Previously the view looked as it does in the picture but the movie list was only half the screen and on the right hand side. There were no dark bars at all. The list of movies was more or less transparent. Other than the titles there was nothing to distinguish the list from the fan art in the background. As a result the fan art was much more visible -- It still looks great though.

Thanks again.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2446/3556...35f8cd.jpg
I bet this is what you're going for:

I'm quite sure it's a bug; it happens when you open the movie library in MS the very first time - it's the list view without the overlay (don't know if that's what it's actually called :p).

Delete (or rename) XBMC in \AppData\Roaming and you'll see it happening (and you'll loose your settings)! Big Grin
PiNCH Wrote:I bet this is what you're going for:

I'm quite sure it's a bug; it happens when you open the movie library in MS the very first time - it's the list view without the overlay (don't know if that's what it's actually called :p).

Delete (or rename) XBMC in \AppData\Roaming and you'll see it happening (and you'll loose your settings)! Big Grin

Yes! Exactly. Too bad it's likely a bug. I like it a lot.

Forgive my ignorance: but how can I access XBMC on an AppleTV? (file manager?) The AppleTV has replaced my old Xbox that had XBMC on it. So I am familiar with and capable of FTP-ing, but I am unable to gain access via FTP on AppleTV.

And maybe I am misunderstanding, but if I do as suggested, do you mean to say it will stay like your picture, but I'll just have to redo my settings?

Thanks!
Sorry! Dunno why I missed the fact you weren't running on Windows (even when it's the very first thing you state Big Grin)!

I have no idea how you'd "accomplish" this on an AppleTV!
If you are able to reproduce the bug and don't make ANY changes to your movie view setting (other settings shouldn't have any affect, to answer your question), I'd think you would be able to keep the view, but then again, I have little to no understanding of the inner workings of XBMC/MediaStream :p

Sorry I'm of no further help, but at least you got a screenshot now Wink
PiNCH: There's nothing to apologize for!

I greatly appreciate your help. Sounds like I'll just have to live with it as is.

Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to eliminate thumbs?0