ProjectM 2.0 Visualization for XBMC?
I was wondering if anyone is able to compile the latest version of projectM. It now supports milkdrop v2.0 presets, and shaders. Unfortunately my compiling skills are pretty non existing, to say the least, that is why I had to resort to posting this. Great work with xbmc, thanks for making this possible.
I hear they need opengl to do that. xbox doesnt support opengl
and who mentioned the xbox?
Good suggestion!
I'd love to see this for Windows/Linux.
ProjectM v2 is a very big step up from v1.
Who did the original ProjectM conversion for XBMC?
Any movement on this yet? I feel it would be a great addition to XBMC, ProjectM 2.0 looks so much better then the spec we are currently using.
Don't quote me on this but I think the reason was told to me a long time ago by WiSo is it just plain crashes all the time on windows version 2 that is
mmh IIRC it was 1.2 (current svn) which crashed when it was compiled with visual studio. Now it compiles under mingw and works fine. I think we never tested 2.0 since it's a major rewrite compared to the old sources and we would need to adapt all our changes to it.
But I could be wrong ...
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
nah wiso you are spot on
The code is not that different, just split out a bit. I managed to get it compiled and running with the XBMC modifications, though the idle preset allocation was broken for me - I just told it to load a default prefix from disk instead for the short term.

There are a couple of issues though, and I think the first is more due to deficiencies in the current state of libprojectM than anything else - there are a lot of shader compilation errors, and since projectM implements the core shader fx stuff entirely differently to Mildrop 2.0, I'm pretty sure that's where those problems lie.

The second I'm not so sure about though - it appears that shaders (those that compile successfully) do not get rendered properly in XMBC.... I'm not too familiar with shaders and OpenGL, but is this likely to be something to do with GLEW/SDL and forcing rendertotexture?

I've kind of put this on the back-burner for now, until there's an official release of projectM-2.0, but the shader rendering is going to be the key to making this at all useful, since that's the only advantage it's got over 1.x
Its official, Project-M 2.0 is out. Link, it came out just week. It looks amazing compared to the version in XBMC, maybe we can start to implement it in the next major version?
Someone with more knowledge than me will need to do it, or point me in the right direction...
Agreed. Who integrated the first ProjectM into XBMC?
No idea... I'll have another look at it now that it's released, and see how the shaders are hooked up, with the released preset pack... but I've got a lot on currently, so it might be a little while. If I get stuck, I guess I'll take it to the bug tracker...
sPOiDar Wrote:No idea... I'll have another look at it now that it's released, and see how the shaders are hooked up, with the released preset pack... but I've got a lot on currently, so it might be a little while. If I get stuck, I guess I'll take it to the bug tracker...

Any luck so far? Id be willing to test as I have access to XBMC Live, Windows, and Mac (Both PPC and Intel)
*bump* I really want to get this working and maybe have it integrated in the next version of XBMC, but I need to see if more people are interested.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ProjectM 2.0 Visualization for XBMC?0