• 33(current)
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels
Awesome.

Will get on that. I didn't get a thread update.

EDIT: where do i download it from? The link in your sig is to the old video plug in.
Nope - i'm getting the same problem with 2.0.2 - I have to go into settings and download the guide there first. Then i can get in.
(2012-03-17, 21:07)x0149128 Wrote: Awesome.

Will get on that. I didn't get a thread update.

EDIT: where do i download it from? The link in your sig is to the old video plug in.
Nope - i'm getting the same problem with 2.0.2 - I have to go into settings and download the guide there first. Then i can get in.

Yea, sorry, should have told you its in the other thread, at the top. Anyway, is it working for you now?? Also, what platform are you on only is should get the listings automatically?
I'm running Debian Testing. I'm watching something through it right now, so appears to be working fine. Thanks
(2012-03-17, 21:46)x0149128 Wrote: I'm running Debian Testing. I'm watching something through it right now, so appears to be working fine. Thanks

That's weird, it only seems to be Linux users that are having this issue. I'll have to look into this more.
Okay, to keep things a bit simpler I've managed to setup the TVCatchup Official Repository. You can download the zip from here
Enjoy Smile

One other thing though, can you try to do bug reporting for the EPG addon in the thread in the TVC forums please, it makes it easier for me to keep track of issues.
Just to add my 2 cents.

This is awsome. been waiting for this a long time and its as good as i was expecting. great work dj_gerbil and the rest of the team at TVCatchup.com. Just a couple of things I would change.

1. when exiting fullscreen TV and returning to the EPG, it would be nice to have the currently running stream displayed in the background. I've tried changing the background image in the addons skin folder, to a transparent PNG and altered the main.xml to use the PNG instead. It just displayed a black background. When exiting the addon and returning to my skin, the TV show is playing in the backgound just fine.

2. When no longer in the addon but a stream is still playing, the TV show icon is squashed up due to most skins not implimenting any code to handle your strangly shaped icons. Square Icons would be nice.

3. It was mentioned earlier in the thread, about the colors used in the addon. It would be nice to be able to switch. i personally edited the background image as I hate any kind of branding on my fanarts/wallpapers and changed the green images to blue and made the time identifier line blue also so it fits better with the skin "Transparency!" Looks awsome now it matches everything else.

4. The ESC key is used globally within XBMC as a "Return to Previous Screen" key. In your script, the "ESC" key brings up context menu, instead of exiting the script. Would be nice if this could be changed. (Backspace still works to exit, but is slightly different to the ESC key when used within XBMC).

Again, awsome job, thanks for all the hard work.

RBX
Quote:Just to add my 2 cents.

Surely, you must mean your 2 pence .... since this plugin only valid in the UK!
lol. The saying still goes "my 2 cents" here in the UK.
(2012-03-21, 18:58)rudeboyx Wrote: Just to add my 2 cents.

This is awsome. been waiting for this a long time and its as good as i was expecting. great work dj_gerbil and the rest of the team at TVCatchup.com. Just a couple of things I would change.

1. when exiting fullscreen TV and returning to the EPG, it would be nice to have the currently running stream displayed in the background. I've tried changing the background image in the addons skin folder, to a transparent PNG and altered the main.xml to use the PNG instead. It just displayed a black background. When exiting the addon and returning to my skin, the TV show is playing in the backgound just fine.
I noticed that myself, not really sure why its like that, we'll see what we can do but I'm not making any promises.

(2012-03-21, 18:58)rudeboyx Wrote: 2. When no longer in the addon but a stream is still playing, the TV show icon is squashed up due to most skins not implimenting any code to handle your strangly shaped icons. Square Icons would be nice.
The new logos were done so they fill the boxes better, it MAY be possible to set up a second set of logo's that are used while the streams are playing.

(2012-03-21, 18:58)rudeboyx Wrote: 3. It was mentioned earlier in the thread, about the colors used in the addon. It would be nice to be able to switch. i personally edited the background image as I hate any kind of branding on my fanarts/wallpapers and changed the green images to blue and made the time identifier line blue also so it fits better with the skin "Transparency!" Looks awsome now it matches everything else.
The problem is I did the colours to try to tie in with the site, it MAY be possible in the future that we'll be able to add settings for users to change the colours.

(2012-03-21, 18:58)rudeboyx Wrote: 4. The ESC key is used globally within XBMC as a "Return to Previous Screen" key. In your script, the "ESC" key brings up context menu, instead of exiting the script. Would be nice if this could be changed. (Backspace still works to exit, but is slightly different to the ESC key when used within XBMC).
Already fixed, I hope to roll it out either tonight or tomorrow.

(2012-03-21, 18:58)rudeboyx Wrote: Again, awsome job, thanks for all the hard work.

RBX
No probs, you're welcome and glad you like it Smile

p.s. cents/pence don't matter I knew what he meant lol
Just added the latest version to the Repo.

Fixes and updates include:

Fixed issue with Linux users having to restart XBMC to get data to download (I hope)

Ability to increase and decrease (basically zoom in and out) the amount of time on the guide so those with big screens can view a larger amount of data. (Keys M and L)

Added Scroll Wheel to go Up and Down Pages (May change this to Up and Down single items, depending on feed back)

Added Square logo's for use during playback (may make this a user option in the future depending on feedback)

Escape key is now back to exit, rather then Context Menu (that's now on C)

Numinous other code fixes.

As usual, let us know if you spot anything we've missed Smile
i can not get to work on apple tv 2 keeping lockup need to reboot anyone
I really need a log file so I can see what and where it's locking up please.
my log http://pastebin.com/XwZXSGKK
Can you try uninstalling the plugin completely, making sure that you clear out the folder in the userdata folder too. Then try reinstalling again. Out of interest, are you using the repo??
(2012-03-23, 00:30)dj_gerbil Wrote: Can you try uninstalling the plugin completely, making sure that you clear out the folder in the userdata folder too. Then try reinstalling again. Out of interest, are you using the repo??

i got it working thanks and im using repo

thanks
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels7