• 5(current)
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels
rudeboyx Wrote:fantaman32, just tried your latest version with xbmc babylon 9.04.1 on xbox.

when i get the channel list some of the channels dont get thumbnails. also when i press on any channel i get a script error "python script failed", therfore plugin not working

I did update the link, maybe you got the old one? also check you changed the username and password in the default.py file.

Not all the thumbnails work because they don't officially exist on the server! the api returns a list of the logos. but some of them physically don't exist on the server at the moment? I think it maybe wip on tvc's side.
rudeboyx Wrote:after searching around and tring a few versions, i came accros one on the tvc forums that works. still not all channel thumbs appear

also i noticed with all the tvc plugins so far that the xbox cpu is at 85%-100% all the time which when auto temp control is set in system settings causes the fan to spin up to a extreamely loud state ruining the watching of TV. is there not some way to reduce cpu usage as i dont get this problem with other plugins like the bbc iplayer plugin.

and browseing another channel for listings whilst watching a channel sends cpu to 100% and locks the xbox up

The thumbnail issue, I think fantaman32 has hit the nail on the head. As for the processor load issue, its not the plug-in that's the problem it'll be with the way XBMC deals with the flash content. The BBC don't encrypted flash streams, where as TVC do and decoding the streams requires more power. I don't think it is limited to just the XboX build either as I've noticed it on my Windows build. Have you used any other plug-in that work with sites using RTMPE and if so do you have the same problems with them?
fantaman32, respect for your hard work. I'm sure nobody has intentionally shown any disrespect to you, and the work you have done is obviously well appreciated. By us at TVC, as well, as the more people who can enjoy the streams, the more we collectively develop what we want, and at a cost that suits us, not be told what we're going to get and charged a king's ransom for it

I'd love to see you all on the TVC forums any time, your expertise and support is eriously appreciated. fantaman32: I will pm you mate
rudeboyx Wrote:fantaman32, just tried your latest version with xbmc babylon 9.04.1 on xbox.

when i get the channel list some of the channels dont get thumbnails. also when i press on any channel i get a script error "python script failed", therfore plugin not working

I think the issues your having may have to do with this:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51905
have updated link in main post on first page to the latest version. Also in the process of setting up a google code page.
New change to site today. broke plugin.

have made a new working version. Changes are on google code (tvcatchup-xbmc-addon). Just waiting for confirmation from guys over at tvc that it is ok to release a package version.
Latest version is now packaged in a nice zip for you all over at google code Smile

link is in top post in this thread.
you sir are a legend
A legend you are! This is one brilliant plug-in.

I just have one question and it's only out of curiousity - why are there sometimes multiple options within a channel?
chrisinleedsuk Wrote:A legend you are! This is one brilliant plug-in.

I just have one question and it's only out of curiousity - why are there sometimes multiple options within a channel?

That's just the way its been done to allow the 'Now and Next' function to work.
Hiya, which versions of xbmc does this work with as I have the Babylon 9.04.1 version for XBOX (2009-06-01 9.04.1-FIXED-Babylon).

When I drill down through the menus I dont see anything to click/select. No errors in the logfile either. Any ideas?
Server: FreeNas 9 NAS: 6*3TB - Kodi Sql Database
Kodi Systems: Nvidia Shield Pro, G-Box Q (OpenElec), RikoMagic MK802 IV[
Skin: reFocus
chunk_1970 Wrote:Hiya, which versions of xbmc does this work with as I have the Babylon 9.04.1 version for XBOX (2009-06-01 9.04.1-FIXED-Babylon).

When I drill down through the menus I dont see anything to click/select. No errors in the logfile either. Any ideas?

That's the right version. Have you entered your username and password in the plug-in settings?? Also, silly question I know, but are you in the UK??
Hiya,

Yes have a valid account that I can access. I run XBMC on my PC aswell which does display the additional icons when I select a channel.

Yes, I am in the uk aswell.

When I select a channel I dont see anything that I can select, when I do the same on the PC version of XBMC I can see the two video icons (Now/Next).
Server: FreeNas 9 NAS: 6*3TB - Kodi Sql Database
Kodi Systems: Nvidia Shield Pro, G-Box Q (OpenElec), RikoMagic MK802 IV[
Skin: reFocus
Awsome work so far with this plugin.

are there anymore features in the pipeline? i would like to make a quick sugestion. could the channel icon be passed down a level aswell, so when your watching a channel you can press the info button to bring up the onscreen display and get the channel icon where the video thumbnail is suposed to be displayed? currently you just get the skin default video icon because theres no thumb asociated with the stream item that you select to play the stream

just a sugestion

keep up the great work people.
chunk_1970 Wrote:Hiya,

Yes have a valid account that I can access. I run XBMC on my PC aswell which does display the additional icons when I select a channel.

Yes, I am in the uk aswell.

When I select a channel I dont see anything that I can select, when I do the same on the PC version of XBMC I can see the two video icons (Now/Next).

Hmmmmm, It sounds like the XboX is having trouble getting the stream information from the TVC server. Have you got the latest version of the plug-in??
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels7