• 37(current)
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels
Yeah nothing to do with ISP, I rememeber last time you said that (when i was with virgin), i'm with a different ISP now.

iplayer and ITV player work fine. TV catchup via the website works fine.

It's only tv catchup through XBMC that has the problem. I'm running Eden 11.00 That the latest build in the Ubuntu 12.04 repository

Playback freezes after a few seconds. If press stop, the whole XBMC screen freezes.

This also happened on my Debian system a few months back, the solution was to install a newer build of xmbc, but there aren't any newer builds in ubuntu.
Ok, I'll have another look when I get home. The trouble is, the only Linux machines I have are running OpenELEC and they seem to be fine.
Thanks.

I've installed a nightly build now, it's actually a 12 alpha, but TV catchup works flawlessly in that. So it must be a problem with Eden 11.0 that is in the ubuntu repository.
Actually it doesn't surprise me that its working in the Eden Alpha. There are some new versions of libRTMP about and you'll probably find that 12 alpha has them in it. You should find that the EPG redraw is better too now. Just Glad it's working for you now Smile
Any luck with exiting when using atv2 ? Great plugin, just need to exit out.
Errrr, we asked for help to try and find out why the back button wasn't working but we got no takers Sad If you fancy installing a test release for us and posting your log back then you're more then welcome Smile
More than happy to help.
(2012-05-11, 23:42)anchors Wrote: More than happy to help.

Ok, I've just uploaded a new version to the repo. When your ATV updates I need you to enable the Debug Log option in System > Settings > System > Debugging. Then go back into the plugin and while in the guide press each of the buttons on the remote (making a note of the order you pressed them). Then if you can post the order of the buttons and the log back here it'll help us to work out the codes for the buttons on your remote Smile
http://pastebin.com/c47GxiLM

Sequence of buttons pressed;

Down, Up, Left, Right - All OK within menu/epg

Play/Pause button - Does nothing

Select Button - Pressed twice brings up the remind / watch panel - press menu button to return to menu/epg

Menu button - press once brings up the remind/watch panel, press menu to return to menu/epg

Looks like it needs the windows 'esc' mapping to the menu button on the ATV2 remote, most other plugins use this to return to previous menu or main xbmc menu. Also, map the play button to bring up the watch panel - or continue using the select (middle) button, but have to press twice (no problem though).
That's brilliant thanks. I'll email Sean and we'll see if we can work out why it's not working right.
I've just spoken to Sean and he's says we could do with finding out what a single select does. We'd like to know, can you repeat and just press SELECT every 5 seconds for about 1 minute, even if it appears to do nothing please?
Ok, I've just uploaded an update that hopefully (fingers crossed) will fix the ATV issues. You should now find that Play/Pause will either start the stream if your on the current time, or open the Set Reminder menu if your viewing a future item and Menu Should now Exit the guide.
Thanks DJ_gerbil.

Just did a quick test. The (very) good news is that the menu button does now work to exit the add on. The bad news is that the play/pause button does not behave as you've described. It just behaves like the select button. ie. Regardless of whether the current time or any other point is selected it brings up the set reminder menu when pressed twice. A single press does nothing.
Oh well, at least we got part of the way there Smile
Finally got around to testing. Can confirm the 'menu' button does exit addon correctly - nice Smile Many thanks.

The select and play/pause appear to do exactly the same thing - bring up the reminder panel. Just tested using the select button and the double press issue. It appears that when you first select a channel it does nothing, but if you press down and then back to that channel and then press select again it opens the panel.

Tested this about 6 times (forgot to turn debugging on !!);

pressed down then select, nothing happens, then
pressed down then select, nothing happens, then, etc

then pressed down and up, then select and panel appears, then
pressed down and select (to try next channel), nothing happens, press down and up (to go back to that channel) and select, panel appears

No big problem with the select / play buttons as we can use the 'watch' option from the panel menu.

• 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels7