• 3(current)
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels
OK, will reverse, probably later or tomorrow. Let's start again :-)

Nobody is going to get banned for using an application if we are working cooperatively.

We're having a few probs at the moment, please don't let that put you off
All blocks lifted guys. Thank you for your cooperation, hopefully we will see a few of you on the forums at TVC and work in closer partnership.

I really have no excuse not to buy an XBox now! :-)
TVCDaniel Wrote:I really have no excuse not to buy an XBox now! :-)

Good choice! Nod Laugh
C-Quel Wrote:You have been banned for the following reason:
Stream Piracy

Not really too sure how you and pirate something that's free but anyway..
NewbieJames Wrote:Not really too sure how you and pirate something that's free but anyway..

BBC is funded by the licence fees and the rest are funded by adverts targetted at UK users, if someone was outside of the UK then they would be pirating.
How can I be pirating BBC is they are offerring World Service video feeds to the worldHuh BBC should stop pirating itself then, lol!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsa/n5ctrl/summa...rld_bb.asx
BBC World News, give it a try.

iRoNBiLL
iRoNBiLL Wrote:How can I be pirating BBC is they are offerring World Service video feeds to the worldHuh BBC should stop pirating itself then, lol!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsa/n5ctrl/summa...rld_bb.asx
BBC World News, give it a try.

iRoNBiLL

BBC World News is not exactly the same as all the channels on TVCatchup is it?
TVCDaniel Wrote:All blocks lifted guys. Thank you for your cooperation, hopefully we will see a few of you on the forums at TVC and work in closer partnership.

I really have no excuse not to buy an XBox now! :-)

Remember it has to be an Xbox 1 not an Xbox 360 though!
NewbieJames Wrote:Not really too sure how you and pirate something that's free but anyway..

I'm sure what Dan means by stream piracy is just the fact that you guys wrote a plug-in without checking it was ok first. The thing is that they've put a lot of work into building the servers and the website, and the BBC have already tried to close them down saying that they were breaching the copyright laws so they are a little touchy about how their streams are used. But all's ok now so just enjoy this fantastic service.
:::goofed:::
Xbmc is open source, I would hope that other people are willing to share too.

In regards to "just making a plugin" - most sites are pirate and not legitimate.
They generally just steal the links from other people or index video storage providers.

"The BBC is a bloated rotting carcass of a never great organization that bleeds the British people like a filth ridden crimson Tick" - (Personal Opinion)Vin

Well done TvCatchup. Hurrah the lads dere !

Dis is a nice forum for dem dere nice people, y`know - play nice please.... Or the fish will eat your fingers and eye`s and skeleton will be bleached and used to make the glue for BBC license fee reminder letter envelopes.
Not sure I agree with the way the BBC is funded... and the wadges people earn off it.

But "The BBC is a bloated rotting carcass of a never great organization that bleeds the British people like a filth ridden crimson Tick"

A bit harsh?..... Have you have ever lived in other country and see the cr@p they get compared to UK/BBC channels?
Yes and have worked for the Beeb on more than one occasion - hence personal opinion brother.

Harsh, no, mayhap acrid ?

One revenue stream, not two.
If they want to steal the shirts of our collective backs then at least distract us with something interesting whilst the nosey bonk like thief creeps in and completes the task.

No product placement.

It`s almost an Orwellian dinosaur revelling in it`s dystopian enforced blindness - again personal opinion Geeba..

I just don`t like the Beeb brother. Unless they see fit to employ me , in which case I retract the above hehe.

The power of filthy lucre in CREDIT CRUNCH(must be in caps every time it appears as written) Britain.
Voinage Wrote:Yes and have worked for the Beeb on more than one occasion - hence personal opinion brother.

Harsh, no, mayhap acrid ?

One revenue stream, not two.
If they want to steal the shirts of our collective backs then at least distract us with something interesting whilst the nosey bonk like thief creeps in and completes the task.

No product placement.

It`s almost an Orwellian dinosaur revelling in it`s dystopian enforced blindness - again personal opinion Geeba..

I just don`t like the Beeb brother. Unless they see fit to employ me , in which case I retract the above hehe.

The power of filthy lucre in CREDIT CRUNCH(must be in caps every time it appears as written) Britain.

Sure your not think of The House Of Commons? Laugh

Did a stint there myself many years ago supporting their network... Eek
running XBMC 9041 on Xbox - when i load the plugin I just get an empty dir.. what might i be doing wrong please?

17:42:36 M: 38338560 ERROR: Unable to load: special://home/plugins/video/TVCatchup/resources/settings.xml, Line 0
Failed to open file

the zip i downloaded (from first post) contains only one file, should there be more?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels7