• 12(current)
[Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project
It works in firefox.. ThanxNod
I'm using 1.37 and can't access folders with "&" in the name. XBMC UI has no problems with the folder so I'm guessing it's a problem in XBMC Control Web?

EDIT: Reported the issue here too.
This web interface works pretty well.. currently the 'video library' shows my movies. Can I add sub entries to show movies, tv shows, whatever my shares are named? or what the shares content type is classified as?
Kabooga Wrote:This is not Windows only

Agree. Tested with the latest XBMC10 for Mandriva 2010.1 package - just extracted archive into the /usr/share/xbmc/addons/webinterface.default, renamed folder to XCW, configured XBMC, run Firefox with URL localhost:8080/XCW/default.html and everything worked.

Great work, thank you.

Oops, aaallmost everything.

If I open Music Shares, I see here "MyMedia" directory (actually /home/xbmc/MyMedia), but no subdirs (music, video, etc.) inside - there is just "Not Folder" icon. If I insert the data DVD, I do not see it at all.

In the regular XBMC menu (on TV screen) I can see:
- Flac_DVD3
- Music Add-ons
- MyMedia
and can acces all subdirs/files inside.
Any suggestions?

P.S: Made some more investigation.

If XBMC is running in the Win environment, nested folders/files are accessible. Problem is just with XBMC running in the Linux environment (Mandriva in my case). This issue seems to be allready in http://code.google.com/p/xbmcontrol-web/issues/list, so I hope it will be solved soon.

Quite a while took me to discover how to populate the playlist. It is really simple - just gotta drag file to playlist; if applied to folder, all audio files in the subtree are added. May be few words of help will be usefull here ...
To Kabooga:

Found that in the XBMControl.js there is something strange.

In the getMusicSharesSuccess, the received server response is:
Code:
<html>
<li>test;/home/test/

</html>
while in the newNode.on call, the node.attributes.data contains:
Code:
\home\test\
Next, this path is sent by getDirectoryPaths to the server. Windows-based server accepts this, but Linux-based XBMC web server seems not accepting backslashes in the path as the response is:
Code:
<html>
<li>Error: \home\test\Not folder
</html>
The function getDirectorySuccess ignores this is an ERROR message and uses result as regular name.

I still don't understand fully the source so I didn't found where the slash conversion takes place. This is evidently a bug, just not sure where, as the Javascript should accept both slashes and backslashes as separators.

May be this will help you making the XBMControl-web more Linux-friendly? Wink
vaton4 Wrote:To Kabooga:

Found that in the XBMControl.js there is something strange ....
I still don't understand fully the source so I didn't found where the slash conversion takes place ....

Found it!

In the function
Code:
function getMusicSharesSuccess(t) {

var responseArr = t.responseText.replace(/<html>/g, "");
    responseArr = responseArr.replace(/<\/html>/g, "");
    responseArr = responseArr.replace(/\n/g, '');
    responseArr = responseArr.split("<li>");

for (var i = 0; i < responseArr.length; i++) {
        if (responseArr[i] != "" && responseArr[i].length > 3) {
            aContentPaths = responseArr[i].replace(new RegExp("/", "g"), "\\");    <<==== HERE!!
            aContentPaths = aContentPaths.replace(/\n/g, '');
            responseArr2 = aContentPaths.split(";");
just replaced:
Code:
aContentPaths = responseArr[i].replace(new RegExp("/", "g"), "\\");
aContentPaths = aContentPaths.replace(/\n/g, '');
by:
Code:
aContentPaths = responseArr[i].replace(/\n/g, '');
and I can access all my audio files ...

The same patch works for video files, just must be applied to the function
Code:
function getVideoSharesSuccess(t)
This is just workaround, of course, as patching script can break the XBMControl-web function in the Windows environment. Let developpers make the final work ....
-------------
EDIT: Patched script seems to work even in the Windows environment, as the path saved in the TreeNode object is allways in the native format (slashes for Linux, backslashes for Windows).
-------------
EDIT: Unfortunately the patch has a side effect - pointer to the played item in the playlist dismisses. Trying to solve.
-------------
EDIT: Problems if running both XBMC and XBMControl-web on the same Windows machine (loopback). This case music shares do not initialize properly (seems not related to the patch).
This problem is known but not solved yet, so here is my solution:

in the file XBMControl.js, function getDirectoryPaths find line:
Code:
var inputUrl = '/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=GetDirectory(' + url + ')';

and edit to:
Code:
var inputUrl = '/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=GetDirectory(' + url.replace(/&/g, "%26") + ')';

in the same file, function addDirectoryContent find line:
Code:
var inputUrl = '/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=AddToPlayList(' + folderPath + p + m + r + ')';

and edit to:
Code:
var inputUrl = '/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=AddToPlayList(' + folderPath.replace(/&/g, "%26") + p + m + r + ')';

May be there are another AJAX calls where ampersand can make problems, but these two are essential.
Drop a note if you find some other function influenced by the '&'.
How do i install it?
It fails if i install from zip.
And if put it in the directory, it do not show up in XBMC.

Help please.
Thats because this is an old add-on, not designed for Dharma. (NOT COMPATIBLE)

Its a shame really, this is definitely the best web interface for xbmc I ever used.
Thats too bad.
It really looks like a great webinterface :/
Hello all,
I will be updating this to attempt to run this on DHARMA. In the conversion from using the HTTP API to the JSON API some functionality that XBMC Control is dependent upon have not been implemented.

The calls I need have been added to the tip but still need to be added to the DHARMA branch.

I'll work on getting a version working for DHARMA.

Thanks for the good words.
I am an expert at acting like an expert ---- WC Fields.

XBMC Web Control Interface - https://github.com/mthiels/webinterface.xrc
Awesome!! Thats great news Big Grin
Updated XBMControl Web to install and work with DHARMA.

Steps:
1) Download from
http://code.google.com/p/xbmcontrol-web/downloads/list

2) In XBMC.
3) System->Add-ons->Install from zip file.
Select file from where you saved it.
4) Systems->Network->Web interface
Select XBMControl Web

Now it should work. Please remember you may need to empty your browsers cache.
I am an expert at acting like an expert ---- WC Fields.

XBMC Web Control Interface - https://github.com/mthiels/webinterface.xrc
oh - thats so awesome Big Grin thank you so much!

Whats the load playlist button for? Nothing happens when i click it
Thumbs Up 
Awsome work, didnt think i'd be seeing this again, thought the project died. Im over the moon actually because its the simplest cleanest way of controlling my music at house parties from any device in my house.

Thanks
RBX
Big GrinBig GrinNodBig GrinBig Grin
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project4