• 13(current)
[Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project
Well I gave it a go. it took about 5 refreshes to load the screen. Once started I noticed it seems to have inherited a lot of problems this app had earlier which you changed. have you ported this from one of the early builds? for instance, the artist section was changed to display only album artists like in the xbmc interface, however, with this new build that feature has reverted back to all artists, causing the script to freeze due to a large amount of artists. Also I have 6 Genres in my library (Dance,Funk,Hip-hop,Pop,Reggae,Rock) but this web interface adds several random ones like "blues" etc.. There were a couple of other things but I'm at work and cant remember what they are. I'll post again later.

Thanks
RBX
I think I know what is going on with all artists showing. I am using the new JSON API to get the artist list. More than likely this API is returning "all" artists and not filtering out artists that only show on compilations (option in system->music->library---Included artists who only appear on compilations).

Kick me in the rear for attempting to use something new.....Rofl

I'll get the 1.37 version to work with DHARMA. That will hopefully elevate the issues you are running into.

The long term problem is that the JSON API will be replacing HTTP API and the kinks will need to be worked out.

Cheers,
Kabooga.
I am an expert at acting like an expert ---- WC Fields.

XBMC Web Control Interface - https://github.com/mthiels/webinterface.xrc
I got the version 1.37 of xbmcontrol and packaged it to work with DHARMA. It is at the downloads site shown below.

Steps:
1) Download webinterface.xbmcontrol-0.0.2.zip from
http://code.google.com/p/xbmcontrol-web/downloads/list

2) In XBMC.
3) System->Add-ons->Install from zip file.
Select file from where you saved it.
4) Systems->Network->Web interface
Select XBMControl Web

Please remember to delete your browsers cache. Otherwise it may show the 0.0.1 version of xbmcontrol.

Great suff Kabooga, I'll give it a try as soon as I get home from work.

RBX
The new version loads better and seems more responsive, however play-list doesn't seem to work. If I drag anything to it, a blank entry appears with the red cross to remove it. Unable to play anything through this webui.. random genres still being displayed, all artist still being displayed and a few script errors. Playback via xbmc fills in all webui details and album art and allows control fine. (not fully tested)

XBMC Dharma 10.01 Win7 x64
iexplorer 8 (run from XP laptop), status bar constantly reads "Done, with errors"

Thanks
RBX
I've tried just about everything I can imagine, but I'm still unable to find the UI.

I grabbed 0.0.2 and installed via zip, I have access to the default (unusable) webui, but no path that I've seen mentioned in this thread works.

/XBMControl_Web/
/XBMControl_Webv2/
/xbmcontrol-0.0.2/
/XBC/

all with and without index.html

But all I ever get back is a 404.

It's installed and enabled in the Add-Ons panel. I'm at a loss.

Edit: Nevermind, I totally figured it out. I hadn't switched the setting under the Network control panel to use XMBControl.

Now, however, all of my movies and music show up, but there's no television.
yeah, i noticed TV shows don't show in library view. but show fine in files view.

RBX
I haven't made any changes for TV shows as of yet. I will look into adding that support.

Should I made 3 vertical tabs "Music", "Movies", "Video"?

Currently there is "Music" and "Video".

Cheers,
Kabooga

RudyBox: Did the previous version 0.0.1 show the items in the playlist? If version 0.0.2 still shows all the genres and artists that you complained about in 0.0.1 then this is most likely a DHARMA thing. The 0.0.2 is the old 1.37 (pre-DHARMA) version with just the new packaging for installation.

If version 0.0.1 shows the playlist for you then I will continue developing on that branch since it seems like the list of all artists and genres is coming from DHARMA itself.

Please make sure System->Music->Library->"Include artists who only appear in compilations" is unchecked. That may cut the extra information you are seeing.

Cheers,
Kabooga

So with this i can browse and start my video and music files. But can i choose different options when DVD is started for exampel?

I am new at this and a real noob so i wanna ask before i start "climbing mount everest" Smile

Tnx
Abdn if you mean can you make selections within a DVD menu (play, select language, etc) then yes.

In version 0.0.2 there is a button that looks like a remote. Click on that and it will open another screen that looks like a remote control. The click on the buttons and it should act much like a normal remote does.

Kabooga Wrote:Abdn if you mean can you make selections within a DVD menu (play, select language, etc) then yes.

In version 0.0.2 there is a button that looks like a remote. Click on that and it will open another screen that looks like a remote control. The click on the buttons and it should act much like a normal remote does.

Oh that sounds great Big Grin

Was looking for a remote to use from my laptop.

Time to climb the mountain then.

Edit*
Well, that was easy Big Grin And it worked ;D

Tnx alot. I might be comming back with some suggestions later on though. Need to test it and see that i dident miss anything first.

Cheers and alot of thanks mate!

Tnx alot!
Suggestions are appreciated. Big Grin

Kabooga Wrote:Suggestions are appreciated. Big Grin

Yeah, i will try it out a little more before i say anything. So far it looks really good.
Kabooga Wrote:RudyBox: Did the previous version 0.0.1 show the items in the playlist? If version 0.0.2 still shows all the genres and artists that you complained about in 0.0.1 then this is most likely a DHARMA thing. The 0.0.2 is the old 1.37 (pre-DHARMA) version with just the new packaging for installation.

If version 0.0.1 shows the playlist for you then I will continue developing on that branch since it seems like the list of all artists and genres is coming from DHARMA itself.

Please make sure System->Music->Library->"Include artists who only appear in compilations" is unchecked. That may cut the extra information you are seeing.

Cheers,
Kabooga

0.0.0.1 didnt show the items in the playlist either, as far as i can remember.

The strange aditional genres dont show in any of my music collections or in xbmc. I remember they used to show with your pre-dharma web interface also.

As for the artists. xbmc is set to not show the additinal artists and displays fine within xbmc. maybe the JSON web server doesnt take the option into accout when devilering the information.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project4