• 7(current)
[Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project
I'll try using this on FireFox and Chrome. I only tested with IE...Doh Blush

Kab
I am an expert at acting like an expert ---- WC Fields.

XBMC Web Control Interface - https://github.com/mthiels/webinterface.xrc
Kabooga Wrote:I'll try using this on FireFox and Chrome. I only tested with IE...Doh Blush

Kab

IE is so 90's Rofl
Firefox, with some plugins, is the way to go... Big Grin
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Kabooga Wrote:New version has been put in the google code project. v1.30
http://code.google.com/p/xbmcontrol-web/

Many changes have been made to this version.
1) Works with extremely large music databases.
Enjoy,

thanks, no it works for me also. Great Job , Great tool!

one questions: at the moment only the file - tree - view is working.. so its not possible to select an artist or an album.. failure or not implemented yet.?.

best regards
dd
Ok....Posted version 1.31. This should work with Safari, Firefox, Chrome, and IE.

Found that IE was letting me get away with something in Javascript that the other browsers were 'unhappy' with. Rolleyes

Also fixed two issues seen by ngok ('All' was not in album) and rudeboyx (first genre was not present). Thanks for the quick responses.

Hopefully this works better.

digitaldesaster-Two things:
1) The Genre, Artist, and Album information come from the library that is scrapped by XBMC. If you have never enabled the Music Library and scrapped the information then these lists will not be populated.
2) The file tree should allow you to drag a folder and all of its' contents over to the playlist (drag and drop). Just select the folder you want and drag it over to the playlist. The Playlist should populate auto-magically.

Livin,

Ahhh...the 90's. The good 'old' days. :p

Kab

hey Kabooga,
thanks for the latest release. i just checked it!

i am pleased you fixed the browser problems since i don't have internet explorer at all Wink

some things i noticed:
the screen size is not really optimized. for example the bar "media library" is not needed, so you could save at least 20px Wink
also the space top right to the cover and the pause, stop etc buttons remains white. you can think about to move the playlist (since this is the most important part) out of the bottom "frame" to a right frame.

well, just take a look at my one-minute-mockup to get the idea Wink

nevertheless, thanks for this fince piece of software

and OT: is this your first extjs project?
affenkopp,

Thanks for the input. I like the mock-up you made. Making the playlist larger will be in the next release.

OT: This is actually my first project using javascript, extjs, or anything else associated with web programming. I've been a firmware engineer for over 20 years and figured I needed to learn some new skills.

affenkopp,

Version 1.32 was uploaded. This has some of your suggestions. Looks much cleaner. Cool

Thanks
Kab

well, what shall i say? it's fantastic! thank you so much! Laugh
Great!
I like the new layout.
I still got an album which name is "Pomp & Pizzazz" that can not be added to playlist,after I rename the album to "Pomp Pizzazz",it works.
i just did the escaping for the problem of ngok:
Code:
--- XBMControl_escaped.js    2009-11-26 01:09:37.449795279 +0100
+++ XBMControl.js    2009-11-26 01:08:39.153798731 +0100
@@ -252,7 +252,7 @@
     if (genreSelected == 'All') {
         storeArtist.loadData(musicArtistAll);
     } else {
-        var inputUrl = '/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=querymusicdatabase(select DISTINCT strArtist from songview WHERE strGenre=\'' + genreSelected + '\' ORDER BY strArtist)';
+        var inputUrl = '/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=querymusicdatabase(select DISTINCT strArtist from songview WHERE strGenre=\'' + encodeURIComponent(genreSelected) + '\' ORDER BY strArtist)';
         Ext.Ajax.request({
             url: inputUrl,
             method: 'GET',
@@ -331,6 +331,10 @@

}

+function escapeQuotes(str) {
+  return str.replace("'", "''")
+}
+
function handleArtistRowClick(aThis, aIndex, aObj) {

var artistSelected = aThis.getStore().getAt(aIndex).data.artist; //OK, we have our record
@@ -339,13 +343,13 @@
         if (artistSelected == 'All') {
             var inputUrl = '/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=querymusicdatabase(select strGenre, strArtist, strAlbum, strPath, strTitle, strFileName, iDuration from songview)';
         } else {
-            var inputUrl = '/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=querymusicdatabase(select strGenre, strArtist, strAlbum, strPath, strTitle, strFileName, iDuration from songview WHERE strArtist =\'' + artistSelected + '\')';
+        var inputUrl = '/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=querymusicdatabase(select strGenre, strArtist, strAlbum, strPath, strTitle, strFileName, iDuration from songview WHERE strArtist =\'' + encodeURIComponent(escapeQuotes(artistSelected)) + '\')';
         }
     } else {
         if (artistSelected == 'All') {
-            var inputUrl = '/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=querymusicdatabase(select strGenre, strArtist, strAlbum, strPath, strTitle, strFileName, iDuration from songview WHERE strGenre=\'' + genreSelected + '\')';
+            var inputUrl = '/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=querymusicdatabase(select strGenre, strArtist, strAlbum, strPath, strTitle, strFileName, iDuration from songview WHERE strGenre=\'' + encodeURIComponent(escapeQuotes(genreSelected)) + '\')';
         } else {
-            var inputUrl = '/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=querymusicdatabase(select strGenre, strArtist, strAlbum, strPath, strTitle, strFileName, iDuration from songview WHERE strGenre=\'' + genreSelected + '\' AND strArtist =\'' + artistSelected + '\')';
+            var inputUrl = '/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=querymusicdatabase(select strGenre, strArtist, strAlbum, strPath, strTitle, strFileName, iDuration from songview WHERE strGenre=\'' + encodeURIComponent(escapeQuotes(genreSelected)) + '\' AND strArtist =\'' + encodeURIComponent(escapeQuotes(artistSelected)) + '\')';
         }
     }
     Ext.Ajax.request({
the dance genre is now showing in my list but selecting it causes a script failure. selecting any other genre works fine.

M$ iexplorer 7
XBMC Xbox r25010
Nice release for controlling xbmc from my browser (on my other PC.) For some reason it's so laggy (delayed) it's almost unable.
Great web app. Thanks!!

One problem I'm having though. I can't seem to drag any of my .m3u play lists from the file browser to the playlist window (I can click on them from the XBMC (9.11 Beta1) interface and they play OK).

Also along the same lines the 'Load Playlist' button doesn't appear to do anything. I was hoping that might be the answer.

But what it does is awesome. Saves me having to turn my TV on to play music. I LOVE IT.

Thanks,
d34n0,
Thanks for the feedback. I'll get the .m3u issue fixed.

The 'Load Playlist' doesn't work yet. I still need to get the save playlist functionality to work.

A new release will be out by next Monday.

Thanks,

Kabooga

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project4