• 4(current)
[Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project
Nice work Kabooga,

I'm working on a XBMC Media Manager in the XBMC web server (using EXTJS also).

Here is a screenshot of the alpha version (what I did so far)

Here is my post with more details
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=363...tcount=168

It would be nice to have both initiatives in the same interface.
Slash,
looks nice... definitely would be a great thing to merge your efforts with Kabooga!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Slash,

Nice looking interface. I like the work you've done.

If you want we could look to see how we can combine our work. How about you send me a private message with your email address and I'll add you to the XBMC Control Web code project in Google.

We can also look at how to combine these two initiatives.

Kabooga.
anything new on the collaboration?
Hi Livin,

Thanks for your interest,

We touched base this week. We are open for suggestions on how to integrate the two projects.
i'm wondering how a smartphone could leverage that control interface to use as a remote.
it would be like killing two birds with one stone.
did you guys think about that while making this project?
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC
I think the community could benefit from both a nice web control interface and a media manager interface that was cross platform... too many one-offs (even though they are good) right now.
I haven't tried this with a smartphone (It was never my intent). My intent was for laptops, or netbooks.

The biggest issue (outside the phone's web-browser) would be screen resolution. I've made sure XBM Control Web works decently in 800x600, but smaller resolutions might have problems.
New version of XBMControl Web in the Google code project (version 1.20)
http://code.google.com/p/xbmcontrol-web/

New version has added interface for using the Music Library. If you have ever used 'Songbird' you will see where I got the idea for handling Genre, Artists, Albums, Songs.

Drag and Drop from Genre, Artist, Album, and Song lists to Playlist does work.

I still have some "polishing" to do, but am releasing this for people to use and give feedback.

Enjoy.
cool stuff...
Can this be added to the .xbmc folder or would it have to go to /usr/shar/xmbc?

I worry that it will be overrider on each update (if this works on linux.)
Version 1.20 is not working for me. It takes about 30 sec before the page is loaded and no data is loaded.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Bram77, I'm seeing the problem you've reported. Hopefully I'll have a fix this weekend.

Thanks for the input.
Just a question, will there be any support for Last.fm for marking tracks as 'loved' etc?
I'll add the last.FM 'love' and 'hate' functionality. I'll have a release with the changes soon (maybe this weekend).
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project4