1) Download webinterface.xbmcontrol-0.0.2.zip from
2) In XBMC.
3) System->Add-ons->Install from zip file.
Select file from where you saved it. Wait a few seconds, it won't necessarily confirm installation worked
4) Systems->Network->Services->Web interface
Select XBMControl Web
5) From your web browser, openE.g.Code:
http://[XBMC IP ADDRESS]:[SERVER PORT]Code:
Please remember to delete your browsers cache if you previously opened this page or have used an older version of the web control.. Otherwise it may show the 0.0.1 version of xbmcontrol.
In addition, I do not use XBMC libraries, I just use it as an interface to play media from my network shares. Therefore, the ability to browse files is great! However, it's difficult to know how to actually add them to the playlist, it's not as simple as clicking them; it just appends a new file in the list called "eg123.mp3Not folder". Therefore, for other users:
To add files from 'Files' list to playlist:
- Browse to file or folder that you want to add to playlist
- Drag and drop file or folder into playlist window on right of screen