Beginning

clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Beginning cont...

clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Awesome job! I'm very envious, but then don't have room for a custom HT, so the lounge will have to do Smile

What's the squares on the ceiling used for?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

At a guess sound dampening for echo
Quote:What's the squares on the ceiling used for?

Quote:At a guess sound dampening for echo

a bit of that and a bit of decor touch..
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
jmarshall Wrote:Awesome job! I'm very envious
yea i like your setup. very envious.
now im thinking to use 1 of my spare room.
right now im using a 50" plasma. how does your projector view for you.
can you let me know what brand and model are you using. or maybe recommend me 1. thanks.

ps. post before and after pictures.
thats what I use, that's one of the spare rooms.

am using a Sanyo Z3 720p HD projector.

recommend....well that's depend on your budget. but for experienced I used to work in a high end custom A/V HT installation company and: Optoma, Sanyo, Yamaha, Panasonic are good brands.

and for specs if you have a bluray player and/or an HTPC look for a 1080p projector now days they are around $3K or if you want a less expensive one look for a 720p they are around $900 or more depend on brand/store/website.

average person dont notice the difference between 720p or 1080p and they mostly came to a store asking for 1080p, 120hz, and they dont know what they are talking about. that's mostly because marketing. half of those people don't even have a bluray player and just a few HD channels are on 1080p in dish or directtv.

so its up to you to find out how "sensitive" you are about resolution go to a nearby store and ask for a demonstration and do your homework the site in my sig. is a good one for research about HT stuff.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
thanks for the tips. will look into the same Sanyo Z3 as yours.
Most of my media is 720p, so that should be ok for me.

last advise needed is the white screen. is it painted or ??
sorry for the noob question. never think to go with projectors.

Cool, i have a home project now. thanks for the post.

edit:
just found out Z3 is discontinue. the shop recommended Z5.
thats what I was going to tell you the Z3 model is old I bought it on 2005-06, the screen was made by me is mdf panel paint it with Behr Silverscreen paint and turns out great.

again go to the avs forums theres a lot of info and projects on this matter including home made screens even paint mixtures for it.

I go with the custom screen because in my space I couldnt find a screen size that I could take the whole wall space, not expensive and looks great so I cut my own...total $20 wood + $15 paint + $5 roller = $40 vs $600 up for a brand name
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Thanks again. just notice your avs link. will catch you there regards home theater.
sorry for the off topic.
thats ok... hope to see your future projects...!
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
reaven Wrote:just a few HD channels are on 1080p in dish or directtv.

Dish, and as far as I know, direct tv, are 1080i, no p yet.

On a side note, love the install, looks fantastic. You rent yourself out? Might want to hire you when I do a Home theater room Smile not for a few years though, the photography hobby is sucking up most of my money for now haha
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
mmmmm, pretty!
Quote:
1080p in Dish here
DirectTV here

most of them are in PPV and/or VOD, thats what I heard also you will maybe need the newest receiver. never try it or see it though.

Quote:You rent yourself out?,Might want to hire you when I do a Home theater room

I work on this in my spare time and hire me it might be too expensive cause you would have to flight me from P.R. plus expenses, ect... do the math !!Laugh
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
reaven Wrote:1080p in Dish here
DirectTV here

most of them are in PPV and/or VOD, thats what I heard also you will maybe need the newest receiver. never try it or see it though.

I work on this in my spare time and hire me it might be too expensive cause you would have to flight me from P.R. plus expenses, ect... do the math !!Laugh

Well you can't really call them HD... read this: http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/?p=962

regards
Max

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC in its glory HT setup0