• 21(current)
Win HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player
(2021-01-11, 02:52)dseto Wrote:
(2020-12-07, 21:20)dseto Wrote: It is via mpc-hc as the external player for all media from Kodi via plex app. in doing more research it appears it is the way kodi opens the movie in mpc-hc, by default the movie title name from kodi is "file.m2ts", so it doesn't send the flag for madvr to turn on hdr tone mapping ".hdr=on."  

example file name - Avengers.Endgame.2019.2160p.hdr=on.m2ts , opens in mpc-hc as file.m2ts, so madvr doesn't read the flag to do the tone mapping for hdr.

looking for other ways to work thru this, not luck at the moment.
After driver updates (took a long time to research) and removing ffdshow, no longer have issue. kodi (via plex app)has madvr in mpc-hc open all hdr content correctly now.
I use Kodi 17.7 and Renderer set to MadVr.  How do you get madvr to automatically switch to HDR?  My hdr files look washed out unless I force my projector Into HDR mode.
(2021-01-11, 05:10)hyabusha Wrote:
(2021-01-11, 02:52)dseto Wrote:
(2020-12-07, 21:20)dseto Wrote: It is via mpc-hc as the external player for all media from Kodi via plex app. in doing more research it appears it is the way kodi opens the movie in mpc-hc, by default the movie title name from kodi is "file.m2ts", so it doesn't send the flag for madvr to turn on hdr tone mapping ".hdr=on."  

example file name - Avengers.Endgame.2019.2160p.hdr=on.m2ts , opens in mpc-hc as file.m2ts, so madvr doesn't read the flag to do the tone mapping for hdr.

looking for other ways to work thru this, not luck at the moment.
After driver updates (took a long time to research) and removing ffdshow, no longer have issue. kodi (via plex app)has madvr in mpc-hc open all hdr content correctly now.
I use Kodi 17.7 and Renderer set to MadVr.  How do you get madvr to automatically switch to HDR?  My hdr files look washed out unless I force my projector Into HDR mode.
Well for my instance it was due to a driver issues with AMD for HDR, not sure if it is the same with Nvidia.   if i use Madvr with MPC-HC, and set lav to P010, all files open to HDR (without needing to be flagged w\hdr=on). kodi for me doesn't really impact my playback due to using the external player. the onlything i don't get with Kodi via plex app is the proper file name (or movie title) i do get everything else important.

You can check to see if there is any noted hdr driver issues on doom
I use Control4 as a remote to control my Kodi system.

DS Player or Kodi worked flawless. However when i switch to MPC-BE , Control4 is not responding anymore to the player as it's not passing the commands.

There would be an alternative with Keymapeditor , but somehow MPC-BE is not catching the Commands .... has anyone else had that issue ? 

Thanks in advance
@DrPepper Once you use an 'external player' Kodi focus is minimized to that player; which becomes the native key function for that player.  This one of the big attributes to DS Player & of course the native Kodi player. In windows that would revert to the windows key set etc. Might experiment with both Kodi and the player each in their own window, and changing the focus between the two while remapping the key structure in both the o/s and Kodi to fit.
I just set MPC-HC as the default player, and it's playing all the files in my Kodi library with no issues. The only issue I have, is that MPC-HC player is not being used with any of my 4k demo clips, that are .ts files, and they aren't playing correctly. Is there any reason why MPC-HC isn't playing .ts files as the default player?
I'm not sure. I find it's better to manually list all of the files you want to be played by MPC in your playercorefactory file rather than simply list MPC as the "default' player.
(2021-10-28, 16:43)Warner306 Wrote: I'm not sure. I find it's better to manually list all of the files you want to be played by MPC in your playercorefactory file rather than simply list MPC as the "default' player.
That was the problem. ts was missing from the xml file. Once I added ts, it works fine.
(2021-10-29, 04:02)lennie paz Wrote:
(2021-10-28, 16:43)Warner306 Wrote: I'm not sure. I find it's better to manually list all of the files you want to be played by MPC in your playercorefactory file rather than simply list MPC as the "default' player.
That was the problem. ts was missing from the xml file. Once I added ts, it works fine.
Now I have a new problem. I had MPC-HC working perfectly, but wanted to test MPC-BE. When a movie is playing, I hit the stop button, and MPC-HC would close, and return to Kodi. With MPC-BE, I hit the stop button, but it doesn't return to Kodi. I know the exit and stop need to be mapped to the same button on my Harmony, and apparently I did it for MPC-HC. Shouldn't the stop button work the same for MPC-BE ?
I dont have the option "Internal audio renderer". Should i choose SaneAR audio renderer, MPC audio renderer or System Default?
I can't seem to get Kodi 19.4 to open MPC-HC as an external player at all.  I'm able to get everything set up with MPC-HC and MadVR, and files appear to play HDR content correctly in MPC-HC natively.  Is there an issue with external player and 19.4 and should I try an earlier version? Thanks in advance for the help and great guide!
19.4 doesn't work even after full uninstall, but I'm up and running on 18.8!
Hello, I am aware of the benefits of madvr however using an external player within Kodi does that limit you to a local PC? This will not work remotely, or will it? If not then why use Kodi at all why not just launch MPC direct? Thank you.
I recently tried to setup mpc-hc as external player for Kodi and found that the sample playercorefactory.xml sample in the first few posts no longer work. After some investigation I managed to make it work with the following:

<playercorefactory>
 <players>
   <player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
     <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
     <playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime>
   </player>
 </players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi|divx|ogm|mp4|mov|m4v|flv|m2v|mpeg|mpg|mts|m2ts|vob|bdmv|iso|mpls" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule dvdimage="true" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule dvdfile="true" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule protocols="http|https" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr" player="VideoPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

The specific changes are the inclusion of mpls filetypes (for bdmv folder rip), two additional rules for DVD image and folder rip, and some clean up.

Hope this will be useful to others.
Thank you  for the revised xml file!

I've set up Kodi on my PC. When I play a movie - an ISO file - MPC-HC opens up and says "unable to render the file". If I mount the ISO and play it from MPC-HC, it works fine.

Any help please?
Thank you!
Thanks __JL__ , the same for MPC-BE :

<playercorefactory>
 <players>
   <player name="MPC-BE" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-BE x64\mpc-be64.exe</filename>
     <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor >aucun</warpcursor>
     <playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime>
   </player>
 </players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi|divx|ogm|mp4|mov|m4v|flv |m2v|mpeg|mpg|mts|m2ts|vob|bdmv|iso|mpls" player="MPC-BE"/> <rule dvdimage="true" player="MPC-BE
"/>
<rule dvdfile="true " player="MPC-BE"/>
<rule protocols="http|https" player="MPC-BE"/>
<rule protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr " player="VideoPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player7