• 5(current)
Extra REGEX for TV Show Episode matching
Further update r25638 sees a change in the REGEX matching from file or parent folder to full path matching.

I can now make the EXCLUDE REGEX work again so a new as.xml will be coming soon.

Big thanks for VDRFAN for taking time to help me debug this and changing the code.
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
Version 1.6

See file for some more details of whats changed.

See it here: http://pastebin.com/f195c0368

please tread lightly with this one it has significant changes in it. If you are using the Alpha or Beta versions of XBMC the exclude regex will not work this now as the bug fix is newer than those versions. It will be included in the next RC though.

As always keen to hear feedback

New version released. See opening posts for link and details

i want to thank you for this... it was a big help in relieving me of 3 days of frustration. installed this and all my tv shows came pouring in. Smile
Glad it helped and thanks for the feedback Smile

Sorry if this is a bit too off topic but can anyone direct me to a good free xml application for OS X that I can use to paste this in?
Processor: 2x Quad Core Intel 2.8Ghz Xeon
Internal Storage: 2.4TB [4x 600GB Western Digital]
External Storage: Drobo 4.5TB
Memory: 14GB PC-6400 800mhz FB-ECC Ram
Apple Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard
Apple Remote
mrt2 Wrote:Sorry if this is a bit too off topic but can anyone direct me to a good free xml application for OS X that I can use to paste this in?

You can use TextEdit already on your mac or Dashcode which is part of the developer package on your Leopard install disk. Using Dashcode, the code is is easier to read.

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
OK so as I feared changing to prepend has caused some problem with shows with long number strings before the series and ep indicator.

e.g. 90210 and Doctor Who 2005

Once I am back at work I will find a fix or if anyone has time to track down the culprit i will fix

Hi xexe
Thanks for this great regex. I have a question about the folder names of a series. I have multiple seasons of series on different locations, so I need the season in the folder name of the series as follows (i try to keep it as "scene" as possible heh):
TV-X264\The.Tv.Show.S3\Episode.Folder.S01E01\episoderar.rar
XBMC is unable to automatically identify any of my series except the ones with year in the title - I have to manually go to each folder of the show and choose info, remove the .S3 from the name, and then it works after that. But I have ALOT of shows, and I would really like it to get the names automatically, is this possible or do I need to rename every folder?
The best way would be to create a tvshow.nfo.

Unfortunately REGEX does not come into play for show name recognition

xexe Wrote:The best way would be to create a tvshow.nfo.

Unfortunately REGEX does not come into play for show name recognition
Thanks alot. I will read up on that particular .nfo in the wiki Wink

Edit: The .nfo with only the shows name in it, works like a charm! Thanks!
n3rdyguy Wrote:Thanks alot. I will read up on that particular .nfo in the wiki Wink

Edit: The .nfo with only the shows name in it, works like a charm! Thanks!
After testing further, I can't get it to add any episodes if I use the tvshow.nfo. Can this be done somehow? Even after I've added both the title and episodeguide url.
See the OP for the 4 things i need you to do so I can support you.

xexe Wrote:See the OP for the 4 things i need you to do so I can support you.
What is "the OP"?

22:25:08 T:892 M:2752856064 ERROR: CVideoInfoScanner::OnProcessSeriesFolder: Asked to lookup episode rar://D%3a%5cDOWNLOAD%5cXBMC%5fTEST%5cStargate%2eUniverse%2eS1%2eHDTV%5cStargate%2eUniverse%2eS01E10%2eJustice%2eHDTV%2eXviD%2dFQM%5cstargate%2euniverse%2es01e10%2ehdtv%2exvid%2dfqm%2erar/stargate.universe.s01e10.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi online, but we have no episode guide. Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place.
22:25:08 T:892 M:2752839680 NOTICE: My Videos: Scanning for video info using worker thread, operation took 00:00

My tvshow.nfo:
<tvshow>
<title>Stargate Universe</title>
<episodeguide>http://www.thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/83237/all/en.zip</episodeguide>
</tvshow>

I'll add the tvshow.nfo to one of the episode folders and see if it gets it. Didn't work. I get an additional error:
22:28:55 T:1328 M:2748293120 WARNING: DIRECTORY::CVideoDatabaseDirectory::GetLabel - Unknown nodetype requested 11

I've started a topic in the other thread. Thanks for your help so far.
OP = Opening Post of a thread.

tvshow.nfo

Just put the show URL in and nothing else. No XML no nothing.

i.e. a text file with this one line

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=83237

Place this file in the root of that specific tv show folder.

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extra REGEX for TV Show Episode matching19