• 6(current)
Extra REGEX for TV Show Episode matching
No more word on matching BeyondTV recordings?
_Shorty Wrote:No more word on matching BeyondTV recordings?

Not knowing anything about it probably not Smile

If you are running a recent SVN then this REGEX will NOT WORK. This is because recent SVN releases are case sensitive. 1.8 will be released soon which will tackle this. If you need a quick fix surround all your regex with ?(i)
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
Hmm, you were talking about it earlier in this thread, end of page 2, start of page 3. But I don't believe anything ever came of it.
xexe Wrote:I am not sure how stacking works in relation to date regex extraction since i dont use date in any of my collection. Will need to ponder this.

outleradam Wrote:xexe: is it possible to use regex to identify something like this:
/showname-(episode title)-YYYY-MM-DD-X.mpg

The YYYY-MM-DD = recording date, the X is to identify parts of the same recording. This is the default for BeyondTV.
Version 1.8

See Opening Posts for details.

Tread lightly. Feedback requested.

Hi,

I'm kinda new here, but I think I've found a small issue with REGEX.
It doesn't detect "two-part" TOPAZ episodes, it just adds it as the first of the two instead.

I have one with folder name:
"\Burn Notice\Burn.Notice.S01.DVDRip.XviD-TOPAZ-TB\Burn.Notice.S01E11-12.DVDRip.XviD-TOPAZ"

Filename:
"tpz-burnnotice11112.r00" or "tpz-burnnotice11112.avi"

And I also want to take the opportunity to thank you for the good work with Smile.
Let me ponder that one. TPZ naming sucks:

11112 = s1e1112, s11e112, s1e1-112, s11e1-12, s1e11-12,

obviously only one is right but the trick is getting so its right all the time

The 4400 is a prime example using their naming scheme this would be:

tpz-440011112

utter nonsense.

The rar'd folder name actually make way more sense but I dont do rar.

xexe Wrote:Let me ponder that one. TPZ naming sucks:

11112 = s1e1112, s11e112, s1e1-112, s11e1-12, s1e11-12,

obviously only one is right but the trick is getting so its right all the time

The 4400 is a prime example using their naming scheme this would be:

tpz-440011112

utter nonsense.

The rar'd folder name actually make way more sense but I don't do rar.

Could it be possible to do something like the option there is for movies, and use folder name instead of file name?
Like if there's more than four numbers in the filename (isn't that many shows that are more than 100 episodes or seasons, and with the obvious exceptions of 4400, 24 etc.) it will check the folder name instead.

It still wouldn't catch two-part episodes where the episode numbers is in single digits though, but better than nothing.

By the way, how do you see the difference between S1E12 and S11E2?
I'm not following this DVD folder structure bit.

I have several TV show boxed sets.

I copied out EACH EPISODE into a separate VIDEO_TS folder.

I used the advanced settings xml code found in the wiki for DVD folder structure.

My structure is thus:
TV SHOWS\American Dreams\AmericanDreams.s01.e01\VIDEO_TS.IFO
TV SHOWS\American Dreams\AmericanDreams.s01.e02\VIDEO_TS.IFO
TV SHOWS\American Dreams\AmericanDreams.s01.e03\VIDEO_TS.IFO

Thus, I have a single episode per folder, but I can't get it to pick up on any of the episodes. It reads that I have American Dreams episodes, but then it doesn't find any of the individual episodes.

Any help would be appreciated. I can't quite get the syntax down on these regexps.

EDIT: I tried renaming to AmericanDreams.s1.e1 because I saw that the zeros had caused some problems, but that didn't help.
This pretty much saved my day from extracting about 150 episodes and re-naming them. Thank you.
Edit: Nevermind, it works fine now. Just messed up the advancedsettings file.

Hello,

Should these REGEXs work for a media catalogue with the below path?

Drive:\Video\Television\Show Name\Season #\## - Episode Name.mkv

Because it doesn't seem to for me.

If it is supposed to, I'll provide a debug. If it isn't, help me please! Smile

Thanks!
****SOLVED*****
I got set up with SIckbeard it renamed my files and added NFO for each episode and some sort of image file.

WTF would be making my file look like this ?
http://imgur.com/cdLX6.jpg

I can't even get it working properly

here is my advancedsettings.xml file
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <tvshowmatching>
    <regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)</regexp>  <!-- foo_[s01]_[e01] -->
    <regexp>[\._ \-]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)</regexp>  <!-- foo.1x09 -->
    <regexp>[\._ \-][Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)</regexp>  <!-- foo s01e01, foo.s01.e01, foo.s01-e01 -->
    <regexp>[\._ \-]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)</regexp>  <!-- foo.103 -->
    <regexp>[\._ \-]p(?:ar)?t[._ -]()([ivxlcdm]+)([\._ \-][^\\/]*)</regexp>  <!-- Pt.I, Part XIV -->
  </tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

here is how my file structure is:
/media/sdc1/Tv.Shows/Dexter/Season.01/dexter.s01e01.dvdrip.xvid.sample-saints.avi

when I navigate to "Videos" I can see my tv shows I click it and there is dexter folder I can click into season1 and see all my episodes, but when I navigate to "Tv Shows" its all FUBAR

-=Jason=-

EDIT: I DO NOT have a NFO file at all is that why i am all FUBAR?
EDIT:I have since loaded up Sickbeard and it has made NFO files for me, but I still have a fugged up tv show system FML....
What happens when you refresh the tv-show, does everything look normal until it's downloaded?
I was hoping someone could help me with my custom naming scheme that my friends and I unified a few years back.

Currently XBMC identifies a lot of my TV series correctly however it does not identify the episodes.

Our folder structure is as follows:
E:\TV_SHOWS_1\Amazing Race\Season 16\
H:\TV_SHOWS_4\Archer\Season 1\
etc...

Our episode naming scheme is as follows:
(for HD content)
Archer 1.01 - Mole Hunt [720p].mkv
Better Off Ted 2.01 - Love Blurts [720p].mkv
etc...

(for SD content)
Hells Kitchen (US) 7.01 - 16 Chefs Compete.avi
The Amazing Race 16.01 - Nanna Is Kickin Your Butt.avi
etc...

I have tried playing around with my own RegEx but with no success.
If anyone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Cheers!
Its not the best naming convention ever since you will likely get false positives since X.XX has no unique info to tell its season and ep

i.e. 7.01 could be many parts of a name but s07e01 is very ulikely to be anything other than season and ep

Also you seem to have decided to use 2 numbers for ep but not for season. Not the best.

However untested

<regexp>.*? (\d\d?)\.(\d\d?) - </regexp>

this will not handle multipart episodes since you never included an example of how you handle it

Thumbs Up 
xexe Wrote:Its not the best naming convention ever since you will likely get false positives since X.XX has no unique info to tell its season and ep

i.e. 7.01 could be many parts of a name but s07e01 is very ulikely to be anything other than season and ep

Also you seem to have decided to use 2 numbers for ep but not for season. Not the best.

However untested

<regexp>.*? (\d\d?)\.(\d\d?) - </regexp>

this will not handle multipart episodes since you never included an example of how you handle it

Cheers mate. Your regexp definitely worked on most of my tv shows however as you correctly pointed out I did run into some issues with multi-part episodes and due to not having double digits for season number. Also where episode titles in my file naming included numbers, this also caused some problems.

Based off this I have decided to slowly update my tv show naming scheme to follow S01E01 etc.

Thanks again for your help, I greatly appreciate it.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extra REGEX for TV Show Episode matching19