• 15(current)
Extra REGEX for TV Show Episode matching
I swear there use to be a setting in the tvdb scraper for "show by air date"
XXShow.2010.11.01.Zach.Galifianakis.HDTV.XviD-FQM.[VTV].avi

I've tried:
<regexp bydate="true">([0-9]{4})[\.-]([0-9]{2})[\.-]([0-9]{2})</regexp>
<regexp byDate="true">([0-9]{4})[\.-]([0-9]{2})[\.-]([0-9]{2})</regexp>
<regexp>([0-9]{4})[\.-]([0-9]{2})[\.-]([0-9]{2})</regexp>

any suggestions or does this need to be done in the tvdb scraper?
Hello, please excuse my complete and utter beginner-ness in the subject of getting a script to properly scrape the information for a TV show but I've been struggeling with this for a while.

I've tried version 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3, and they all return the same results really.

My folder structure is layed out in the following way

Code:
TV Shows
        House Season 1
                House.S01E01.Pilot
                House.S01E02.Paternity  
        House Season 2
                House.S02E01.Acceptance
                House.S02E02.Autopsy

The files are all renamed in the above format (showname.SxxExx.Title) and are renamed by using the default settings of TheRenamer software.

In XBMC when i have added my TV Shows folder as a source i sometimes get an empty show e.g.

Code:
Fawlty Towers - 0 unwatched episodes

Or a show with only a single season catalogued e.g.

Code:
Futurama - 13 Unwatched Episodes
    Season 1
       [All 13 episodes listed here]

I have never had the scraper recognise more than 1 season of a TV show or even recognise a season that is greater than Season 1.

I have Flattening set to off on XBMC and am not using any addition scripts or mods.

Any help? or any ideas why this would be happening?

EDIT: This bug also occurs when the structure is like the following:

Code:
TV Shows
        House
                 Season 1
                        House.S01E01.Pilot
                        House.S01E02.Paternity  
                 Season 2
                        House.S02E01.Acceptance
                        House.S02E02.Autopsy

Any help would be appreciated!
I came across with this: That.70s.Show.S08E01.REPACK.DVDRip.XviD-STUDIO\std-70s801r.rar\std-70s801r.avi. Quickly looking it doesn't match any of the regexps. It'd be nice if you added it.

EDIT: I used (?i)[/\\]std-70s(\d)(\d{2})(\d{2})?(?:r|fix|dc|-repack|int|d)?\.
All of my episodes are in one of the following three formats:

/House/Season 1/01 - Pilot/VIDEO_TS.IFO
/House/Season 1/01 - Pilot/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO
/House/Season 1/01 - Pilot.avi

Currently I am using the following regex which works great:

Season ([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)[^\\/]*[\\/]VIDEO_TS[\\/]VIDEO_TS.IFO
Season ([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)[^\\/]*[\\/]VIDEO_TS.IFO
Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)[^\\/]*

I do have some episodes that are 2 parts in 1 in one of those three formats. For example:

/Bones/Season 4/01-02 - Whatever Episode/VIDEO_TS.IFO
/Bones/Season 4/01-02 - Whatever Episode/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO
/Bones/Season 4/01-02 - Whatever Episode.avi

I would like to add strings in the <tvmultipartmatching> section so that they are recognized properly.

I am regex illiterate. Could someone please help me in determining how that section of my advancedsettings.xml shoud read?

Thanks in advance!!
If anyone wants to chase their own regex around, you can use an online regex tester. I use this one:

http://regexpal.com/
Jani Wrote:I came across with this: That.70s.Show.S08E01.REPACK.DVDRip.XviD-STUDIO\std-70s801r.rar\std-70s801r.avi. Quickly looking it doesn't match any of the regexps. It'd be nice if you added it.

EDIT: I used (?i)[/\\]std-70s(\d)(\d{2})(\d{2})?(?:r|fix|dc|-repack|int|d)?\.

Sorry that is too specific to be added. Essentially its catering for a rubbish file name edge case
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
V2.4 - 05/09/2011
http://pastebin.com/UPPrk7VU
Added more movie stacking REGEX. Read the WARNING. Dont run if you have a one pile movie pile.
Note there are some weird movie stacking fails even though the REGEX is correct. Will debug with Eden later.
Updated DIRFIX handling based on a bug posted by SoWErA. Cheers
Lastly this is the last release that I will be testing with Dharma since I am moving to Eden.

Please report bugs. I havent been doing much with this recently since for me at least it has an accurate hit rate well above 99.9%. Obviously YMMV with your own collection and naming.

I am moving to Eden soon for easy central thumbnail support. As soon as I do that I wont be supporting Dharma anymore so if in doubt dont move past 2.3/4 if you are on Dharma. (Unless some posts some horrible bug i need to fix)

Have fun

Update: I am now on Eden so thats the only version I can support.
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
Hi, I am new here and been trying to figure out how to use these expressions. So far I haven't gotten anywhere. Really confused...

What I want to do is catch the following for episode number:

\Name of Series\Name.Of.series.Part.1.*\rar files with avi

\Name of Series\Name.Of.Series.Part1.*\rar files with avi

* being anything after that. The bold part is the key here.

Any way this can be done? I am completely lost.
This is a mini series so no season folder used.

Thank you

Edit:
Tried adding the following regex, but didnt help...

Code:
(?i).*?(part|part\W)(\d{1,2})([^/\\]*)
Hi, I've been trying to get this to work for my TV shows for weeks now and I'm at the end of my teather. I'm a bit of a rookie to all this so apologies if I'm wasting everyones time...

My naming format is eg: TV Shows/Battlestar Galactica/Season 2/01 - Scattered.avi

I've tried copying the exact advancedsettings.xml data as in the latest xexe update along with what seems like millions of other regexs off various threads etc. It is currently the same as the lastest xexe pastebin post. I have attached my debug log and hopefully someone can give me some help or advise before I give up and start renaming all 2tb of tv shows! (please bare in mind that I'm after a regex to match the naming format example above, and that a small minority of shows in my debug log are differently named eg black books, alan partridge etc - I am going to change these to the above naming format but having got around to it yet). At the moment the current settings only pick up spin city and that mitchell and webb look.

Here is the debug log http://pastebin.com/bE7y4Jnv - NB:I had to remove some of the TV shows because the file was too big for pastebin.

Thanks in advance

Benwolf7
Added this to TV show prepend.

Code:
<regexp>(?i)[/\\]wind-spartacus\.720p\.part(\d)\.</regexp> <!-- wind-spartacus.720p.part2.mkv -->

It was for episodes of Spartacus: Gods of the Arena. I was having trouble with that. I had trouble with the show too, but I just entered that manually (typed "Spartacus" and let XBMC give me a list of options).
Hi,

I'm having problems with this format: Breaking.Bad\Breaking.Bad.S02E01.720p.Bluray.x264-CLUE\bb201-clue.rar\bb201-clue.mkv

I figured I could use this

Quote:<regexp>(?i)[.a-z](\d{1,2})(\d\d)-notv([^/\\]*)</regexp> <!-- frng101-notv.avi -->

from this .xml and just change it to

Quote:<regexp>(?i)[.a-z](\d{1,2})(\d\d)-clue([^/\\]*)</regexp> <!-- bb201-clue.mkv -->

since the format is pretty similar, but it won't work. I've played around with it a bit but I can't get it to work, guess I just suck at RegExps.

Anyone who is able to help?
Try:
Code:
<regexp>(?i)[/\\]bb(\d)(\d\d)-clue\.</regexp> <!-- bb201-clue.mkv -->

(I just followed the same syntax that I used above.)
dumpydooby Wrote:Try:
Code:
<regexp>(?i)[/\\]bb(\d)(\d\d)-clue\.</regexp> <!-- bb201-clue.mkv -->

(I just followed the same syntax that I used above.)

Thanks for your help but it won't work for me. The debug log just says "Could not enumerate file" for all those episodes.
I would like theTVDV to scrape episodes in the format from the two examples below. I tried adding your latest V2.4, but that doesn't catch it. Any thoughts?

Code:
\Icefilms Downloaded Videos\TV Shows\Gossip Girl (2007)\Season 5 (2011)\Gossip Girl 5x08 All the Pretty Sources (2011).avi
Code:
\Icefilms Downloaded Videos\TV Shows\The Big Bang Theory (2007)\Season 5 (2011)\The Big Bang Theory 5x10 The Flaming Spittoon Acquisition (2011).avi
Mooorgul Wrote:Thanks for your help but it won't work for me. The debug log just says "Could not enumerate file" for all those episodes.

Use this, works for me:

<regexp>(?i)[.a-z](\d)(\d\d)-clue\.</regexp> <!-- bb201-clue.mkv -->
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extra REGEX for TV Show Episode matching19