• 8(current)
Which Ion based system should I buy?
Duplu,
regarding H1 PC: not sure from the specs how you gonna control it remotely and whether you can shut it down and power on with an Ir remote.
Any word on this?

thx in advance.
sircube
sircube Wrote:Duplu,
regarding H1 PC: not sure from the specs how you gonna control it remotely and whether you can shut it down and power on with an Ir remote.
Any word on this?

thx in advance.
sircube

I'll control it either by an MCE IR remote using a USB dongle or via the excellent XBMC remote for my i-phone. I don't think you can shut it down or start it up via the remote, but that doesn't worry me. Also remember I have ordered the HTPC and not the H1 PC, if I ever get it!
duplu Wrote:Good luck to the two of you. I ordered a Ion HTPC from Aleutia on 26th May and I still haven't received it and I live in the UK!

I e-mailed them at one point and they said they had problems getting the Zotac motherboard and it would be another 2 weeks. That was over 3 weeks ago and now they are not answering any of my e-mails enquirying on progress with my order. They have also removed their phone number from their website - not that it was much use as I must have tried it more than 10 times and no one ever answered it.

That sounds pretty bad, to be honest I'm not surprised something didn't sit right with me after seeing their website it felt at best amateurish or at worst a bit suspect.

I would caution anyone buying anything from Aleutia (unless someone else here can vouch for them), they are using off the shelf parts anyway that can be gotten from miniitx.com & be put together by yourself.

I hope everything works out for you duplu or you can get your money back.

Edit: By the way gerner the place I got my Asrock Ion 330 system from ships internationally, don't know if it goes all the way to New Zealand but you can email and ask they were very helpful.
Starstream Wrote:That sounds pretty bad, to be honest I'm not surprised something didn't sit right with me after seeing their website it felt at best amateurish or at worst a bit suspect.

I would caution anyone buying anything from Aleutia (unless someone else here can vouch for them), they are using off the shelf parts anyway that can be gotten from miniitx.com & be put together by yourself.

I hope everything works out for you duplu or you can get your money back.

Checking back over my e-mails the last time they responded to an e-mail was 1st June to let me know that it would be another 2-3 weeks because of the motherboard. Since then there have been no replies from the company and it's now 5 weeks and a whole heap of e-mails from me. I found a phone number on my e-mail receipt but when I phone it an american ladies voice tells me the number isn't in operation even though it's a London dialling code (probably re-routed).

The payment went through Paypal via my credit card and Paypal have been less than helpful for my request to open a dispute. This is mainly because the transaction isn't attached to a Paypal account it was simply paid via a credit card link which takes you through Paypal as the middle man. Paypal told me that if I wanted to dispute I would need to set up a new account using the same credit card, name, address etc... and said the transaction would then 'appear' in the new account so I could dispute it.

That didn't work and I'm now so pissed off with the whole thing that I phoned my bank today. They were extremely helpful and said that because I had waited longer than 30 days the company should have refunded me. As the company aren't answering e-mails or phone calls the bank are going to chargeback the funds and said the money will be in my account within 5 days.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else receives their goods from Aleutia. I've since bought an ASRock 330 and am more than happy with it for 1080p content and the Aeon skin.
gerner Wrote:I'd like to know about remote controls and the IonStar.

What remotes and sensors are people using? Also, does it resume from standby? Interested in both Linux and Windows stories if anyone wants to share.

Cheers,
Alex

I have a Zotac Ion - TX A running Ubuntu 9.04 and I'm using the Logitech Dinovo Mini as my remote keyboard mouse -it's palm sized and comes with a bluetooth usb adapter. It worked right off the bat with no tweaking required. Apart from the lack of function keys I think it's ideal for an XBMC HTPC:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboa...8&cl=US,EN
Hi medicine UK, just ordered my ion 330 I also want to setup dual boot (Linux for XBMC) and win xp or vista for some older games i have) -
I would really appreciate a guide on how to do all this - eg setting up drivers and so on.

Cheers
duplu Wrote:Checking back over my e-mails the last time they responded to an e-mail was 1st June to let me know that it would be another 2-3 weeks because of the motherboard. Since then there have been no replies from the company and it's now 5 weeks and a whole heap of e-mails from me. I found a phone number on my e-mail receipt but when I phone it an american ladies voice tells me the number isn't in operation even though it's a London dialling code (probably re-routed).

The payment went through Paypal via my credit card and Paypal have been less than helpful for my request to open a dispute. This is mainly because the transaction isn't attached to a Paypal account it was simply paid via a credit card link which takes you through Paypal as the middle man. Paypal told me that if I wanted to dispute I would need to set up a new account using the same credit card, name, address etc... and said the transaction would then 'appear' in the new account so I could dispute it.

That didn't work and I'm now so pissed off with the whole thing that I phoned my bank today. They were extremely helpful and said that because I had waited longer than 30 days the company should have refunded me. As the company aren't answering e-mails or phone calls the bank are going to chargeback the funds and said the money will be in my account within 5 days.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else receives their goods from Aleutia. I've since bought an ASRock 330 and am more than happy with it for 1080p content and the Aeon skin.

now I'm bricking it about the H1 I ordered. Wish I had just gone for the 330 now and saved myself the trouble. My order was supposed to take 3 weeks so in theory it's not gonna be built for another 2. I placed a request to cancel but no surprise in the fact I haven't heard back from them :-( Wish I had something positive to say about them.....at the moment I would advise to avoid
jamie1984 Wrote:now I'm bricking it about the H1 I ordered. Wish I had just gone for the 330 now and saved myself the trouble. My order was supposed to take 3 weeks so in theory it's not gonna be built for another 2. I placed a request to cancel but no surprise in the fact I haven't heard back from them :-( Wish I had something positive to say about them.....at the moment I would advise to avoid

E-mail them again in a few days and if you don't get a response try [email protected] the e-mail address for the owner. There might also be a telephone number on your receipt, but if it is the same as the one I have then the number is out of order. If the company are still trading then it's a disgraceful way to treat your customers whatever their excuses might be.
I'm in the same position. I ordered last Tuesday and emailed on Thursday to enquire about the status. Still no reply. I called the number I was given (via Google Checkout) and it rings without reply. I'm hoping that either (a) they get the orders out sooner or later or (b) Google can step in and resolve the problem.

I kind of wish I'd gone with the kit version but I've just finished building a mega custom PC and so went with the lazy option - but also for the fanless option of the H1. Too late now, I suppose...

Over two years since I registered and apparently my first post! Shocked
Hi guys, my first post here, althoug I've lurked for a few years on and off.

Just to let you know I was having this same issue with ordering from Aleutia, so I sent repeated emails to their different email addresses and phoned different telephone numbers and I just received an email from him saying it would ship tomorrow via UPS, apologising for a backlog in orders.

In case you don't have all those details here they are:

The bloke's full name is Michael Rosenberg.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oe=utf-8&c...0&oi=&sa=X

The landline on that page gets you through to a woman's extension at some software company or other, whilst ringing his mobile gets you through to his voicemail where he invites you to text him with urgent messages, or leave a voice message and get back to you in 48 hours.

http://www.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAction....stSearch:1

This number just rings out, but may be worth trying.

The phone number on your receipt is deactivated so no good.

The various email addresses I tried:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

and the one he emailed me back from was [email protected]

It seems like at least one or all of these methods shook a response out of him.

In case it's necessary here are some addresses he gives:

Bldg 1000
Dockside Rd,
London,
E16

Unit 5f,
Hewlett House,
5, Havelock Terrace,
London,
SW8 4AS

The address given on their website:

1 Noel Street,
Soho,
London,
W1F 8GA

appears to be this bar:

http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/pubsandbars/...15237.html

Quite a tangled web eh?

I also raised a complaint with paypal, and escalated (which I think you can do after 7 days, giving him 10 days to reply or you get your money back)

Anyhow, I wait with baited breath to see if I get a tracking number either today or tomorrow for my order, and I'll let you know.

Otherwise I think i'll make an order for the bundle from mini-itx which is to all intents exactly the same thing (athough they don't appear to stock the 8gb SSD) or alternatively there are plenty of AsRocks on ebay.

Hope that helps,

cheers, kal
Well I was just sitting at my work PC with a mouthful of tea, which I almost spat over the monitor when an e-mail from the Aleutia owner popped up on my PC. A coincidence or a result of my chargeback, who knows?

The unit has shipped today for delivery tomorrow and he has upgraded the optical unit to a blu-ray / DVD-RW for the inconvenience.

There may therefore be light at the end of the tunnel. I'll let you know tomorrow.
no such luck for me, been checking my mail every minute :-(
jamie1984 Wrote:no such luck for me, been checking my mail every minute :-(

how odd, I posted that and up popped a new e-mail. Getting delivery on Friday :-) I'm guessing they've just received a shipment of parts to build the systems. Finally a result.
No email for me yet...

(I'm posting this in the hope that it will magically make an email appear in my gmail! Wink)
zaltman - keep pestering them and I'm sure you'll get a reply, good luck!
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which Ion based system should I buy?0