Lots of segfaults
Sad 
Am on 20631, still running Ubuntu 8.10. I am crashing out of HD movies as many as 10 times a movie - never in the same spot. I end up at the desktop with segfault in the console window. I cannot find any Core files to run a backtrace on for some reason. Updating the NVIDIA video driver to 185.18.10 helped but didn't solve the issues. I have VDPAU enabled hardware but am not compiling with VDPAU specifically enabled. Here's a Pastebin of the log -> http://pastebin.com/m51a6bb6f The thing I see most in common is something about an audio discontinuity. Since I don't see others screaming tis is likely something in my setup causing it. I will likely blow away the XBMC code and reload, make reallyclean didn't help...

I've not been using my system much, been using another that had an older version loaded and it was stable. Sadly I no longer have access to that box <sigh> So I need to try and get this one stable - seems I'm going to be using it a great deal now Sad
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
You should know better... You've been around a while! If you get a segfault, you need to provide a backtrace from gdb.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Sad 
tslayer Wrote:You should know better... You've been around a while! If you get a segfault, you need to provide a backtrace from gdb.

I know but I cannot find the danged Core file, that's required yes? I did a search of the file system - found two OLD ones. These suckers are big too - I want to find them if they are on my system!Angry

I recompiled and noticed that I DID have VDPAU enabled on the commandline for configure. I have turned that off for now, we'll see. That others aren't seeing crashes apparently means it's likely soemthing on my system but danged if I know what it is. I will say that trying to use the exact package line from the Readme file doesn't work - Ubuntu whines about a few of the packages not being specific enough so I've had to fudge some - compiles fine though. <shrug>
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lots of segfaults0