• 36(current)
"ClearArt" concept - overlay type artwork for ex. 'episode poster/fanart on paused'
uncertainty Wrote:Is there a link there that allows one to download all the clearart as a package rather then single downloads?

I see on the first page of this thread you have a rar file of clearart pngs but I'm not sure how updated that link is.

thanks

that was before xbmcstuff was complete, after xbmcstuff went live the clearArts package went outdated and very very outdated
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
reaven Wrote:that was before xbmcstuff was complete, after xbmcstuff went live the clearArts package went outdated and very very outdated

It would be nice to have an updated package. Without a scraper, it is kind of
a pain for people with large TV Show collections. I am at 335 shows right now
but i only have a few cleararts...

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard for someone with access to put an archive up on a site like mediafire or megaupload once a month.
The biggest concern for someone running a site like this is leeching and bandwidth abuse.
Say 1000 people download a pack for every banner, poster, season thumb and clearart.
And lets just assume this pack is about 100MB that's 100,000MB of bandwith or 97.65625GB.
100GB of bandwidth isn't free, and the majority of users would only need 10% of this pack or less.
So other than the offsite package which can be hard to maintain which I've mentioned this isn't a good idea.
hikaricore Wrote:I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard for someone with access to put an archive up on a site like mediafire or megaupload once a month.
The biggest concern for someone running a site like this is leeching and bandwidth abuse.
Say 1000 people download a pack for every banner, poster, season thumb and clearart.
And lets just assume this pack is about 100MB that's 100,000MB of bandwith or 97.65625GB.
100GB of bandwidth isn't free, and the majority of users would only need 10% of this pack or less.
So other than the offsite package which can be hard to maintain which I've mentioned this isn't a good idea.

Oh yeah for sure i was thinking a file like this should be hosted outside of
xbmcstuff. And it will definitely be hard to maintain.

All i want is the cleararts so i just need to find someone with lots of TV shows
and a sense of humour that appreciates Don Danbury and ask him to zip up
his cleararts folder :p

-Pr.
Hah. To be honest I only have cleararts for a handful of my shows.
Not even 70 thus far, clearart is kinda a back burner issue for me. :p
I wasn't satisfied with the existing Life on Mars clear art so I made my own.
As with my How Not To Live Your Life clearart this contains alpha transparency as a bonus where the windows are for a semi clear look.

I highly recommend anyone who finds such areas play around with partial transparency it can be very nice looking on screen.
Pr.Sinister Wrote:It would be nice to have an updated package. Without a scraper, it is kind of

-Pr.

A scrapper is currently developped by ppic, and the site is ready for anyone who would make a scrapper
kodi user since XBMP !
Pr.Sinister Wrote:It would be nice to have an updated package. Without a scraper, it is kind of

-Pr.

don't worry, I'm working at it, for now, the plugin allow us to see cleararts and tvshowthumbs for each tvshow you have in your library (need your librairy to be done with thetvdb id).

I'm currently re-working my season parser to be free of season limitation (a show can have 2 season, others can have 20 ...)

so, please be patient, python is new for me Big Grin but very very interresting !

oops fixed width, now 500x281
added alpha trans to glass lol. (barely noticeable but it's ok :p)
ppic Wrote:don't worry, I'm working at it, for now, the plugin allow us to see cleararts and tvshowthumbs for each tvshow you have in your library (need your librairy to be done with thetvdb id).

I'm currently re-working my season parser to be free of season limitation (a show can have 2 season, others can have 20 ...)

so, please be patient, python is new for me Big Grin but very very interresting !

This is very good news! Thanks!
One I was missing and couldn't find on here .

Wasnt two keen on the first one hows this....

Ram we really appreciate your additions but start making them in correct size.

500x281

If you do not do so, they will not be added to xbmcstuff and will be ignored by most.

**EDIT** In addition could you not add duplicated of my cleararts to Xbmcstuff.com? You've done this with Life on Mars already, I've not checked my others..
Robot Chicken
hikaricore Wrote:**EDIT** In addition could you not add duplicated of my cleararts to Xbmcstuff.com? You've done this with Life on Mars already, I've not checked my others..

What ? I don't have a clue what you are talking about I have no access to duplicate anything on XBMStuff
If they have added the one I created first and the better one you added after thats up to them not me....
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"ClearArt" concept - overlay type artwork for ex. 'episode poster/fanart on paused'5