• 37(current)
"ClearArt" concept - overlay type artwork for ex. 'episode poster/fanart on paused'
Could be a database error, it shows as being added right before mine was and is the same image. >.>
My mistake.
Remember clearArts as well as seasonThumbs need to be 500x281
Get all clearArts post earlier in this thread and futures ones at www.xbmcstuff.com

*People can keep contribute as usual on the thread I will then upload the images to the site with proper credit.
*Or you can use the new features added to XBMCStuff and upload your arts and/or create you shows after registration

Fat Guy Stuck on the Internet (done by hikaricore)
The Goode Family (done by hikaricore, pending creation)
[REQ] Mad Man (done by hikaricore)
[REQ] The Sopranos (done by hikaricore)
[REQ] Hawthorne (done by reaven)
The A-Team (done by bartje006, need to register to be able to credit)
MacGyver (done by bartje006, need to register to be able to credit)
The 4400 (2, done by reaven)
[REQ] Farscape (done by hikaricore)
[REQ] Two guys and a girl
[REQ] Rules of engagement
[REQ] Gary Unmarried
[REQ] Criminal Minds
[REQ] Dark Blue
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Just nitpicking again the cleararts are great folks, and this project is now quite massive.
One suggestion for other clearart designers however. I've noticed a lot of leftover background around some images when they're overlaying a dark colour.
Might I suggest using feathering after clearing the background to give everything a much smoother look? Smile
Was suggested I watch this so downloaded it and made these not sure which one is best and positive some might make a better one but here you go...

Quote:*Rememeber that the ClearArt or showArt filename is not case sensitive (CAPS) only context sensitive on some systems, I have test this on Mac and Windows and it is like this not sure about Linux.(Dexter is the same as dexter or DeXtEr but NOT the same as d_exter or dexte-r).

Btw I have told you several times that If you're using a case sensitive filesystem no matter what OS you're on, then Dexter is NOT the same as dexter.
Linux users who use ext2/3/4 will need to name their files properly, honestly there's no reason why they shouldn't just be named properly across the board due to the fact it will make it universal.
Please update your FAQ on the first post if you would. Smile
plugin to download all this stuff here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=57548
hikaricore Wrote:Btw I have told you several times that If you're using a case sensitive filesystem no matter what OS you're on, then Dexter is NOT the same as dexter.
Linux users who use ext2/3/4 will need to name their files properly, honestly there's no reason why they shouldn't just be named properly across the board due to the fact it will make it universal.
Please update your FAQ on the first post if you would. Smile

could you help me and write the requirements for linux users.. I dont have linux.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
reaven Wrote:could you help me and write the requirements for linux users.. I dont have linux.

Several OSes use/can use case sensitive filesystems including MacOS and Linux.
Any filesystem that is case sensitive such as ext3 the files need to be named correctly.
Obviously ignorning the characters that your filesystem won't tolerate such as the colon : you can see how the case sensitivity works.
IE: Alias.png is not the same as alias.png

For example:
Code:
24.png                              
4400.png                                                      
Alias.png                            
Babylon 5.png                        
Battlestar Galactica.png            
Black Lagoon.png                    
Bleach.png                          
Boston Legal.png                    
Breaking Bad.png                    
Californication.png                  
Caprica.png                          
Chuck.png                            
Dead Like Me.png                    
Death Note.png                      
Defying Gravity.png                  
Dexter.png                          
Doctor Who (2005).png                
Dollhouse.png                        
Elfen Lied.png                      
Entourage.png                        
Family Guy.png                      
Farscape.png                        
Fat Guy Stuck In Internet.png        
Firefly.png                          
Fringe.png                          
Futurama.png
Heroes.png
House.png                            
How Not To Live Your Life.png        
Jericho.png                          
Journeyman.png                              
Life on Mars.png                                      
Lost.png                            
Mad Men.png                          
Merlin.png                          
My Own Worst Enemy.png              
Pandora Hearts.png                  
Pushing Daisies.png                  
Quantum Leap.png                    
Red Dwarf.png                        
Rosario + Vampire.png                
Roswell.png
Smallville.png
Sons of Anarchy.png
South Park.png
Stargate Atlantis.png
Stargate Universe.png
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.png
Star Trek: Enterprise.png
Star Trek.png
Star Trek: The Next Generation.png
Star Trek: Voyager.png
Stroker and Hoop.png
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.png
The Cleveland Show.png
The Goode Family.png
The IT Crowd.png
The Life and Times of Tim.png
The Office.png
The Simpsons.png
The Sopranos.png
The Tudors.png
The Venture Bros..png
Torchwood.png
Transformers.png
True Blood.png
V.png
Warehouse 13.png
Weeds.png
X-Men: The Animated Series.png

Basically when you can write the filenames right the first time problems are avoided down the line.
As with various skins used by mac and linux users where the author wrote the file name one way in the xml and just however he/she felt like in the directory structure.
It doesn't hurt the Windows users for "How Not To Live Your Life.png" to be in the correct case so it might as well be. ^_^
thanks, I will add this paragrapgh to the first post
Code:
Any filesystem that is case sensitive such as ext3 the files need to be named correctly.
Obviously ignorning the characters that your filesystem won't tolerate such as the colon : you can see how the case sensitivity works.

as for mac os thats what am using an my files names are not case sensitive, but I understand what are you saying name them correctly the first time avoid problems with any OS it doesnt matter if they are case sensitive or insensitive !!
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
reaven Wrote:thanks, I will add this paragrapgh to the first post
Code:

as for mac os thats what am using an my files names are not case sensitive, but I understand what are you saying name them correctly the first time avoid problems with any OS it doesnt matter if they are case sensitive or insensitive !!

They're not because of the filesytem you're using.
HFS+ IS case sensitive, tho you may not be using it, others could/will be.

Glad to be of help. ^_^
Hello,

I've made the followings ones :
Eureka

Rome

The Unit

hope you like them Smile
please post them on http://www.xbmcstuff.com
Has anyone made a default clearart. One that could be used if there isn't a clearart for a certain tv show/movie?

If so. Could you please post it? Maby as a .psd so that we could change text etc...?
markiz Wrote:Has anyone made a default clearart. One that could be used if there isn't a clearart for a certain tv show/movie?

If so. Could you please post it? Maby as a .psd so that we could change text etc...?

there is no such thing but if you create one please post it...

anyway what could be a default clearArt, which show could use it ?

more important what are you watching that you need it ?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Hmm, I can see how for documentaries you might have a logo and then the text 'documentary' as a default ClearArt for that genre, but I don't know how you would make that appear for completely different file names, if that's what you're trying to do.

Not a bad suggestion though.

Here's an example of what I mean from a google search:

It could work for lots of things like sport etc, I have no idea how you would implement it though, maybe if the clearart pulled info from the genre tag in the .nfo or something.
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"ClearArt" concept - overlay type artwork for ex. 'episode poster/fanart on paused'5