• 5(current)
"ClearArt" concept - overlay type artwork for ex. 'episode poster/fanart on paused'
D'OH !!!
There is no clearart for The Simpsons !!!!
make your choice

Someone spoke about star trek ?
<texture diffuse="thumbs/movieposter_mask.png">path to the fanart</texture>

Path to fanart...is that supposed to be in the folder of your TV show? Should you use absolute paths like H:/TV Shows/Lost/lost.png? or just lost.png

The TV show title...<visible>VideoPlayer.Content(episodes) + substring(VideoPlayer.TVShowTitle), Lost </visible>.....would this be correct keeping a space at the begging and the end?

Tried this out yesterday but had no luck
here is firefly:

ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
mcborzu Wrote:<texture diffuse="thumbs/movieposter_mask.png">path to the fanart</texture>

Path to fanart...is that supposed to be in the folder of your TV show? Should you use absolute paths like H:/TV Shows/Lost/lost.png? or just lost.png

The TV show title...<visible>VideoPlayer.Content(episodes) + substring(VideoPlayer.TVShowTitle), Lost </visible>.....would this be correct keeping a space at the begging and the end?

Tried this out yesterday but had no luck

I know how you feel, tried the same thing you said, no luck.

I can't figure it out.. don't mean to cause offense but the instructions are not simple for anyone that doesn't have a decent knowledge of code, if I could get this working I could photoshop a number of pictures for it.
This works pretty good :
Code:
<control type ="image">  
    <posx>950</posx>    
    <posy>-178</posy>    
    <width>330</width>    
    <height>185</height>
    <texture diffuse="thumbs/movieposter_mask.png">cleararts/$INFO[VideoPlayer.TVShowTitle].png</texture>
    <aspectratio align="right" aligny="bottom">keep</aspectratio>  
    <visible>VideoPlayer.Content(episodes)</visible>
</control>
This way, watching the simpsons wil use "media/cleararts/the simpsons.png".

but It's not a good solution, and I don't see any...
It doesn't seem possible to get the path of the video file, so it's impossible to use a clearart.png located in the show folder, and that is the only rigth option...

The only hope is that clearart is accepted by xbmc developpment and this info is stored in the DB.
Quote:<texture diffuse="thumbs/movieposter_mask.png">

why the mask ?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
reaven Wrote:why the mask ?

I used the line from the mod linked in the begining of this thread.
I'm not sure it is usefull, I just tought there was a reason Big Grin
Can you imagine that ?
I made some Simpsons and forgot Futurama !!!

Just finished a painstaking photoshop session, wasn't easy to make as I didn't use the magic wand because of the background so it was all eraser tool, but it seemed like the best CSI NY pic to use! So for anyone that wants a CSI: NY ClearArt here you go.

Full-size, Resolution=1599x1249 (they won't let me host the 2946x2301 version) :p:

http://i43.tinypic.com/1zn21bp.png

Resized:

Stock Image:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2yuc9c1.jpg

Wink

I haven't tested it because I can't get this mod to work yet, but I think it should be ok.

Btw, I have:

Code:
<control type="image">    
<description>cover image episodes</description>    
<posx>1049</posx>    
<posy>-243</posy>    
<width>230</width>    
<height>250</height>    
<texture diffuse="thumbs/movieposter_mask.png">cleararts/Boston Legal.png</texture>    
<aspectratio align="right" aligny="bottom">keep</aspectratio>  
<visible>VideoPlayer.Content(episodes) + substring(VideoPlayer.TVShowTitle), Boston Legal </visible>    
</control>    

<control type="image">  
<posx>1049</posx>    
<posy>-122</posy>    
<width>230</width>    
<height>131</height>  
<texture>thumbs/poster_glass.png</texture>
    <!-- fix added code -->
<aspectratio align="right" aligny="bottom">scale</aspectratio>
    <!-- end fix added code -->  
<visible>VideoPlayer.Content(episodes)</visible>  
</control>

Inserted at the end of the .xml, is this incorrect ?

I created a folder @ "..skin/Aeon/media/ called cleararts and put 'Boston Legal.png' inside.
if we use the <visible>...substring(VideoPlayer.TVShowTitle), Boston Legal </visible> condition, then we will have to make a control for each tvshow ! That's insane !

For the picture of CSI, you didnt' use the magnetic tool ? it woul have done the job in 2 min, using the mask mod after.

And by the way, you can reduce the picture to 500x281, it will be easier to store it, and it has to be resized to these dimensions anyway.
Imaginos Wrote:if we use the <visible>...substring(VideoPlayer.TVShowTitle), Boston Legal </visible> condition, then we will have to make a control for each tvshow ! That's insane !

For the picture of CSI, you didnt' use the magnetic tool ? it woul have done the job in 2 min, using the mask mod after.

And by the way, you can reduce the picture to 500x281, it will be easier to store it, and it has to be resized to these dimensions anyway.

Yeah I just wanted to see if I could actually get it to work ! I think you guys are right about it having to be implemented into xbmc itself.

Magnetic lasso would've worked great but something funny happens my photoshop when using it on a large image and using space+ L mouse
to navigate, I could've reduced it but wanted a big version in case I want to make a csi wallpaper :p

I'll make it smaller now anyways and edit my post.
Quote:if we use the <visible>...substring(VideoPlayer.TVShowTitle), Boston Legal </visible> condition, then we will have to make a control for each tvshow ! That's insane !
I know, Thats because there isn't a command to grab the image, my xml have a control for each show, thats why I make a ticket but not for these, is for grab the currently playing tv show fanart for my other mod.

this is my DialogSeekbar.xml is missing some shows of course but is working, you would need to change the path and to remove the <texture=diffuse> part because theres no need for a mask with that image.

-----------
If i were you would try to move the code for where is suppose to be not at the end.

gallery updated !
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Imaginos Wrote:Someone spoke about star trek ?
Smart that matches my fanart just need to find the voyager and next generation and i'm sorted thanks for thatSmile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Cool!!!...that code you had worked, thx Imaginos. Now photoshop time.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"ClearArt" concept - overlay type artwork for ex. 'episode poster/fanart on paused'5