The acer aspire revo
hello

so im thinking about buying the acer aspire revo, you know the cheap ion nvidia platform. the thing is, i cant do linux. seriously, im so bad at it. So i want to use windows. Windows 7 preferably. the thing is though, how can i play hd movies (1080p) in xbmc without gpu accerlation.

do i have to launch externalplayer? if so i tried that on my current system, and couldnt get it to work.

no point in ordering a system if its going to lag as hell
In Windows we can't to hw acceleration with the internal player, so your left with external.

However all you need is XBMC Live, just burn to a CD and install on your USB thumbdrive or HDD and you shouldn't need to do anything.

The tricky part is remote, we only support the MCE remote on XBMC Live (without you configurating it yourself).

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
thanks for your answer mate, downloaded xbmc live now, and actually i got the mce remote, lucky :p

but, one question though, i want to use the aeon skin and all that, is that hard to incorporate to the live cd, or do i have to install it etc

i so want to go to linux, but i miss my aeon, some help or some links to guides would been super helpful

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The acer aspire revo0