• 8(current)
[LINUX] HOW-TO make a standard Ubuntu installation into 'XBMCbuntu' set-top-box style
Add an "append=" in /etc/lilo.conf that has your options:

append="quiet splash xbmc=autostart,noredir loglevel=0"

Then run "lilo" to install the new lilo.conf.
Quote:FWIW, I went ahead and chose the default value - "linux-386-generic". I can't yet say whether that was the proper choice as I'm having boot (grub) problems.

There are many good reasons to use expert mode. The default value is always the value you would have got if you did a normal install. You are just given the option to change it.

Karmic will give you grub2 I had som problem with that and down graded manually to legacy grub. It did install though so it is not the same problem. You can manually install grub on top of lilo after the installation. You can also try to use expert mode to select legacy grub directly. (did not work for me, I have to install grub2 first and then downgrade)
Hi,

after using the xbmcbuntu-guide i wanted to use slim-loginmanager to make a decision to start xbmc or just another app (e.g. ultrastardx)..
You have to modified the /etc/slim.conf

Code:
login_cmd           exec /bin/bash -login ~/.xsession %session
sessions            XBMC, UltraStar Deluxe

and create/modify ~/.xsession

Code:
#!/bin/sh

DEFAULT_SESSION=XBMC

case $1 in
XBMC*)
        exec xbmc --standalone
        ;;
UltraStar*)
        exec ultrastardx
        ;;
*)
        exec $DEFAULT_SESSION
        ;;
esac

..bud didn't work because of xbmc-live ".xsession - behaviour".

What I have to to, that it works like I intended? I think by modifieing the runXBMC.sh will do it..

MDKeil
unstall xbmc-live to start with. I am not exactly sure, when installing gdm it is never any problem. GDM is automatically removing xbmc-live and it is working fine, but I dont know what else it does.

Quote:the runXBMC.sh will do it..
Wouldt think so.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] HOW-TO make a standard Ubuntu installation into 'XBMCbuntu' set-top-box style3