How do I add "Animaniacs" TV Show to my video library?
(2012-07-04, 00:54)Martijn Wrote: Problem is who will build it, fill and maintain it? It's a massive task and i am 100% sure every one will disagree on content.

There are sites out there and they all lack completeness

How I would do it is make it a dynamic database. Each segment of the animated show would have a short summary (say, one sentence long) and a long summary, and data for what episode and DVD disc they might belong to. When you grab data for "Episode X" it pulls short summaries for each segment. When you grab data for each segment, it pulls long summary. For "DVD volume X" it would probably just pull the titles for the various segments, divided by episode, and maybe contain some other automated data such as "this is DVD volume X and it covers episodes Y to Z, airing from Date A to Date B".

We did something kind of like this for Wikipedia when we created a template for episode lists. An individual season list could be transcluded on a single page containing all seasons, but it would either use a shorter summary or just the title on that larger list.

That way you only have to make one edit to one entry, and that data would be reflected on every other page/entry that needed that data.

It's kind of like the alternative title issue, which TVDB finally now does support (different titles can be searched by the API, but will result in the same single entry being reported back). Disagreement solved by technical solutions, and people now people don't have to be forced to use a specific title to correctly scrape the data.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I add "Animaniacs" TV Show to my video library?0