Can't change scraper? / .nfo problems
Hello,

XBMC did a good job of categorizing my movies that are in TMDB, but there are a few that are only found in IMDB. If I switch the default scraper to IMDB, when it does a lookup it still says 'Querying TMDB info', and doesn't find anything. Is there something else I need to do to get the change to commit? If I quit and restart, the scaper stays changed to IMDB, but the text/results don't change.

Similarly, creating a .nfo file with the IMDB URL doesn't work either. If I create a mixed .XML/URL file, it detects the XML data, but doesn't do anything with the URL (which I've double checked), so it's not a file naming issue.

Any thoughts?
I am thinking of a debug log.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Drudging up a slightly older thread...

I have the same issue with the scraper. At one point I had scraped a ton of movies with imdb (before I knew better Rolleyes) but have since moved to tmdb.

Now lets say I go to one of my old movies that didn't have a good thumb on imdb. I click info and go to the thumb screen to get a new one. XBMC is still scraping from imdb for the thumb even though tmdb is the system default.

If I do the same thing for a movie that was scraped into the library after I made tmdb the default, it scapes tmdb for a new thumb. I have a log that will show this behavior. First I look at remote thumbs for an old movie from my library, and then a newer one.
Debug Log

I've found in another thread that if you click refresh from the info screen it will rescrape from the new default scraper. In most cases though, all I'm interested in is a new thumb or fanart (this behavior is the same in fanart by the way). Is there a way to make the thumb and fanart scraping consistent across the system, or do I need to rescan/refresh all of my old movies?
Check to see if the URL is in any NFO files for the movies you're trying to do this with. I would imagine that a URL in an NFO file would override any settings within XBMC. I didn't see XBMC reading any NFO files for the movie so i'm not sure if that's 100% accurate.
That shouldn't be the case since I don't have any .nfo files anywhere.
Arg!! It's a moot point now... I just downloaded the latest T3ch build and it corrupted my databases. Now I have to roll back to the June 26 build and rescrape everything!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't change scraper? / .nfo problems0