Trouble with everything
I've been trying for 3 days now to get my TV shows and Movies to be displayed like this from this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50120 and have no idea why it wont work.

I have the movie, the .nfo, the .tbn, the fanart and folder.jpeg's I've tried following the confusing as hell directions people post but i've got nothing.

I cant get the damn movies menu to populate. It says to populate it from the videos menu but i have no freaking clue what or how it would want me to go about doing that.

I cant get XBMC to stretch my videos to full screen like window media center does.

Can some one shed some lite on these issues for me. I want to use this program but im at the end of my rope with it and am about to go back to windows MC.
First thing i would do is go back to the default skin (pmhd) to configure your movies library correctly (not really needed i just find the interface easier to setup).
From the main menu select videos and browse to the folder containing your movies. Press the "c" key on the folder containing your movies and set content accordingly and choose run automated scan. After your library is populated, you will be able to switch to library mode. If all is well load up aeon, go to movies and change the view to multiplex.
As for your movies not zooming, press the "z" key a couple of times whilst watching a movie.

cheers
relax .. take a breath

now .. please give more info

what is the EXACT structure of your movies dir

like for me .. i have it setup:
-Movies
--Ferris.Buellers.Day.Off.1986.720p.BluRay.x264
---ferris.buellers.day.off.1986.720p.bluray.x264.mkv
---movie.nfo (generated by fekker's MIP with some personal tweaks)
---movie.tbn (downloaded from getvideoartwork.com .. best place for posters imho)
---fanart.jpg (downloaded from themoviedb.org)

and thats it .. works like a charm

as for the stretch to fullscreen .. why ?? are you using a non widescreen tv ? if so this might not be the skin for you as its designed from the ground up to by a HD (so widescreen skin)
My screen is widescreen and all my movies are recorded in 720x480 res. But XBMC leave space on the right and left of the movie where MSMC will give me the option to stretch the image all the way to the edge.
harryzimm Wrote:First thing i would do is go back to the default skin (pmhd) to configure your movies library correctly (not really needed i just find the interface easier to setup).
From the main menu select videos and browse to the folder containing your movies. Press the "c" key on the folder containing your movies and set content accordingly and choose run automated scan. After your library is populated, you will be able to switch to library mode. If all is well load up aeon, go to movies and change the view to multiplex.
As for your movies not zooming, press the "z" key a couple of times whilst watching a movie.

cheers

You have been an AMAZING HELP!! If i knew you i would seriously kiss you.
drozenski Wrote:My screen is widescreen and all my movies are recorded in 720x480 res. But XBMC leave space on the right and left of the movie where MSMC will give me the option to stretch the image all the way to the edge.

strange .. my setup doesn't do that .. it "stretches" to fill the width of the screen and i've used it on many different monitors & tv's with various resolutions
Another question. I'm having trouble finding thumbnails for all my movies. I feel that it would just be easier to not include them. Is their a way to disable the extra thumbnails from showing up and just have the information present?
i don't use multiplex .. but i believe you can hit up to get to the top bar options .. and there should be a "Layout" field .. cycle through that for the various options
I dont know what i did but now i can get the movie information to display at all. Just shows me the background art and the thumbnail.

I no longer get this from this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50120

The F and the DD part where all that info is no long is displayed and i've tried everything i could think of to get it back. purged the database and had it rebuild it and everything.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble with everything0