I need some serious help please, Xbox wont boot anything but msdash.
Ok heres what happend, i was messing with ftping my xbox, trying to get an emulator installed (Mameox) and eventually giving up in failure. Then when still in ftp mod, i decided to organize The E partion of my drive and deleting and moving around some seemingly safe files but after rebooting my xbox it only would boot to the M$dash.

I tried fixing this by loading Slayers Evox recovery install disk and choosing the option to completely rebuild/format and re upload Evox dash or w/e, then when that finished, i restarted my xbox, only to find it still booting to the msdash. This time however i cannot boot to the evox recovery disk from the drive like i used to or ftp my xbox period. I dont know what happened, It seems as if my xbox isn't even modded anymore.

The only way i can think of maybe fixing this without having to mod my box again, is to hook the hardrive directly to the computer, and maybe uploading everything manually, but i dunno if that will even work, because the cd drive isnt even recognizing burnt disk anymore.

Please help

Thank you all for reading.Big Grin
Anyone?
This sounds like something you need to ask over at the Xbox-Scene Forums.
autoinstaller deluxe is how I used to fix my xbox whenever I fraked it up.
No need going to Xbox-Scene Forums.......They run into some problems, and the Forums are down for an UN-determined amount of time. Sorry.
Hunta Wrote:Ok heres what happend, i was messing with ftping my xbox, trying to get an emulator installed (Mameox) and eventually giving up in failure. Then when still in ftp mod, i decided to organize The E partion of my drive and deleting and moving around some seemingly safe files but after rebooting my xbox it only would boot to the M$dash.

I tried fixing this by loading Slayers Evox recovery install disk and choosing the option to completely rebuild/format and re upload Evox dash or w/e, then when that finished, i restarted my xbox, only to find it still booting to the msdash. This time however i cannot boot to the evox recovery disk from the drive like i used to or ftp my xbox period. I dont know what happened, It seems as if my xbox isn't even modded anymore.

The only way i can think of maybe fixing this without having to mod my box again, is to hook the hardrive directly to the computer, and maybe uploading everything manually, but i dunno if that will even work, because the cd drive isnt even recognizing burnt disk anymore.

Please help

Thank you all for reading.Big Grin
Sounds like a soft mod? if it were chipped it would still boot any recovery disk.
and if that's the case your gonna need both the game save exploit and the original game to go with it. auto installer delux 4 has all the tools and instructons on how to do a soft mod and how to recover one.Oo
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Thank you all so much for replying\, im desprate for help here, lol.

Alright, well ive never modded a xbox before tho im very understanind in knowing how to go about doign so. Ive modded my wii and and am just also a computer expert.

Anyway, What should i do?, Should i bother buying the action reply and the splinter cell game to mod my system again and reupload everything, or should i forget that and just wait till xb360 has a version of xbmc and emulators and stuff like the orignal xbox and just do it then but with the 360?. Is that really far off?, I have no idea,

Please spread some insight on xbmc on 360. Thanks ^_^

Also if i was going to mod my system again, How would i go about doign that?. Thanks

And also, My xbox unmodded itself when i ran the "rebuild evox" from the slayer disk?. Y did that happen??. What caused that?, Should it have, did i do somthing wrong?. Also, what caused my xbox to mess up in the first place?, I didnt seem to delete anythign that would cause it.

Is it possible that my xbox is broken through hardware and it has nothing to do with software?. Thanks
O and btw, What is the chance that i could hook my HD-drive directly to my computer though ide and transfer the propper files over that way?.

If thats possible, how do i do that?. thanks
Just some more info.

It was a soft modded xbox with a 160gb hardrive in it.

Can anyone help me out?.

Does anyone know if hot swapping may work or not?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I need some serious help please, Xbox wont boot anything but msdash.0