XBMC Live 9.04.1 released
Quote:Soooooo - if the script isnt working "no updates available" how do I update Live?

Quote:you can update via apt-get

you have to add the paths in sources.list. You could not find anything regarding upgrading live on the google? Soon half the threads in this forum is regarding this topic.
i update this within the FLX Script from this Forum it works like an Charme

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=402...stcount=13
Thanks guys but like I said I'm an Xbox/Windows XBMC user - I drag and drop or FTP... Sudo to me was a naff pop group in the 80's from memory... I dont use Linux.

What paths? how do I edit it? notepad? I have searched but everthing tends to lean towards linux.... I know Live is Linux based but you dont have access AFAIK to the underlying OS - not that I would know what to do with it anyway.

XP time... Sad
Quote:XP time...

Or just use the Live as it is with the stable version. I assume there will soon be a new stable version and a new version of live.

If you do manage to update Live to svn (daily build) you will find that the svn is not very stable for the moment since the developers are doing some major merge or something.
Figuring out that will require a lot more of linux/xbmc troubleshooting than just learning how to update...
Hmmm SVN seem stable enough in Xbox/Windows.... I thought that the merge that caused the problems was a while ago now.....

The problem is with the stable release is that it is 6 months old so skins such as Redux wont run on it....
For the next stable release of live, are the various fixes for the Asrock and Ion going to be added?
Also can someone maybe start a thread for lirc modifications, to allow for new usb MCE remotes that aren't added to the main lirc build yet? I know that it's lirc related, but it would make it truly live, if the end user didn't have to modify and recompile lirc to make their various off-brand usb recievers work.
I would glady maintain the .c libraries for lirc if that is what needs to be done, all I'm asking is that the person that builds the live version just use them prior to their final build.

Any thoughts?
If people are installing to hard drive, what's the point of using Live when they can just install vanilla XBMC?
I thought the idea for live was speed of booting and not having to install an OS? This is why I've always stayed clear of Linux.... 1,500 different versions and ways to do things and never a straight answer......
Geeba Wrote:I thought the idea for live was speed of booting and not having to install an OS? This is why I've always stayed clear of Linux.... 1,500 different versions and ways to do things and never a straight answer......
The Live version still installs an OS which is also Linux as well.

If you haven't tried Ubuntu, give it a shot. I set it up for my girlfriend when her Windows laptop was too slow to use and she used it for over a year without any problems. The forums are very helpful for Ubuntu also as it's meant to be the people friendly flavor of Linux. I think there are more version of Windows than there are of Ubuntu.
Yeah I do have Ubuntu on my PC in my office... It rarely gets fired up these days, to be honest I found myself jumping through hoops to get stuff working all the time.... I realise Live has an underlying OS but what attracted me to it was its Xbox switch it on and it works feel - my mrs is never gonna boot Ubuntu and then run XBMC which means I get called out of the Pub... so not a pub/WAF friendly option for me Sad

What would be nice is an upgrader similar to the T3CH upgrader and standard Xbox remote support.... but I realise I cant help develop this as I dont know Live/Linux, so not grumbling.
Geeba Wrote:Yeah I do have Ubuntu on my PC in my office... It rarely gets fired up these days, to be honest I found myself jumping through hoops to get stuff working all the time.... I realise Live has an underlying OS but what attracted me to it was its Xbox switch it on and it works feel - my mrs is never gonna boot Ubuntu and then run XBMC which means I get called out of the Pub... so not a pub/WAF friendly option for me Sad

What would be nice is an upgrader similar to the T3CH upgrader and standard Xbox remote support.... but I realise I cant help develop this as I dont know Live/Linux, so not grumbling.
Well, I have the "XBMCbuntu Minimal" install and my Mrs. uses it fine. Press the power button and it boots into XBMC. Then she can hit the PWR button on the remote and it powers off. Simple Smile
When on earth will LIVE be updated to a later xbmc build. theres so many new features of xbmc yet the Live project seems stagnant?
dogotcat Wrote:When on earth will LIVE be updated to a later xbmc build. theres so many new features of xbmc yet the Live project seems stagnant?
XBMC Live is updated typically with each stable release.
This may be a dumb question, but is there a way to know what revision was 9.04.1 so I can get it from SVN? I tried getting the source tarball from sourceforge, but it seems like all of the files that should be marked executable are not and i dont feel like going through the entire source tree and fixing that...
It'll be at the beginning of the log file, and also on the System Information page in XBMC off of the Shutdown Menu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live 9.04.1 released0