[MOD] PMIII Update Mod ~ Unofficial PM3.5
As always FourTwentySmilz looking great !
Looking good! I've been wanting a slick skin that's Xbox friendly for a while now. Even the lite MediaStream crashes on me with videos.. Sad

And now this looks very promising! If I could have it my way, I'd like it customizable, like the MediaStream Redux Mod or Transparency, you know..? But hey, I'm just grateful there's gonna be something nice for us poor Xbox owners.

Seriously, are there like three of us left??
I'm sure that there is more than 3......but most of them use theirs as secondary front-ends......and use HTPC as their main one.
FourTwentySmilz Wrote:I'm sure that there is more than 3......but most of them use theirs as secondary front-ends......and use HTPC as their main one.

way more than three. i will always use my xbox in some fashion and it is still my main way, until atom boards and cases get powerful enough and cheap enough to run xbmc live. under 200 dollars and I would consider making the jump. I know lots of peeps who still use xboxes.
ok.....Here is a new screenshot to compair to an old one. This is to see if the Home Button Panel is in a better placement.

Old Placement.

New Placement.

As always.....Gimme that feedback, folks.

Edit: My wife fired at me first........... (It would be that way if she were in the Firing Squad too).
She suggested that I line the "OnFocus" buttons in the Main Buttons, with the "OnFocus" Button for Settings. And I see what she is saying.

Plus she would like to see those lil Highlight markers (under the main buttons), also under the "Settings", "Weather", and "File Manager" Buttons. What is your opinions on that?
FourTwentySmilz Wrote:ok.....Here is a new screenshot to compair to an old one. This is to see if the Home Button Panel is in a better placement.

Well darn, now I don't have ANYTHING to complain about! Yes they look MUCH better.

Great job
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
i say try your wife's suggestion, lets see how it looks. would tie it all together. also, i vote for a bigger xbmc logo in the top left and get rid of the project meyhem logo top left and xbmc logo in the bottom right as well. would look a lot cleaner.

are you going to release a unprotected xpr?
Thanks for the quick responces, fellow mamebers!!!

Jarod......
I do understand what you are saying about the XBMC logo, but I put the Project Mayhem logo in the top spot (and the XBMC logo at the bottom) to change things up a lil. It seperates my version of this skin from the original, and from the many mods of this skin. Think about it..........We have an XBMC logo at the top left of the original PMIII, PM3.HD, and Transparency. I, personally, think that the latter two skins would benifit from placing the skins name on the Home Menu, and place a smaller XBMC logo somewhere besides the top left. Maybe a "Powered By: XBMC" placed somewhere, so people know, "This is Project Mayhem 3 HD.....Powered by XBMC Media Center." or This is MediaStream Redux Powered by XBMC Media Center."
I do appriciate the suggestion, but I think things will stay the way they are till I concieve a different placement that suits my style a little more.

Edit:
I may release an unprotected XPR with it.............we'll see.
FourTwentySmilz Wrote:We have an XBMC logo at the top left of the original PMIII, PM3.HD, and Transparency. I, personally, think that the latter two skins would benifit from placing the skins name on the Home Menu.

hell no!! i would never be so self-centered to put the name of my skin on the homepage!

although.......having a big 'RONIE' logo all across the screen would be kinda cool don't ya think? ;-p

the last time i checked, this brilliant piece of software was still called xbmc, and the skin is only a small percentage of what xbmc is about.
so imo it's quite obvious what logo (if any) should be on the frontpage.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I totally get what you are saying ronie.......and I think a HUGE "ronie" logo would be slick.
But it is all a matter of taste.

I don't think I'm taking anything away from XBMC, just cause I place a skin name on the Home Menu. If anything it distinguishes this skin and that skin.

Is Team RazorFish "self-centered" for putting the "MediaStream" name on the startup screen?

Is Duncan "self-centered" for putting Aeons name on his skin?

I think not, but that is, like I said before, a matter of opinion.

Plus, it's like saying every game that uses the "Unreal 3" engine should not have its own name, and should be called Unreal 3: (Game Name).
Here is the Home Screen with the wifes suggestions put in. What's the word on it?

FourTwentySmilz Wrote:Here is the Home Screen with the wifes suggestions put in. What's the word on it?

i think you should make it the exact same graphic under the icon. with the line extending right and left. And I would love if you could release a unprotected xpr so i can place the xbmc logo where I would like it; i just love to see that logo, x-b-m-c are my four favorite letters in the entire alphabet lol...
I only have 3 favorite letters..........but they make one word. My favorite word.

"W", "E", and "D".........but one of those letters repeats itself. You figure out which one!! LOL
Am i losing my mind or did one of my posts disapear?
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
TheQuestor Wrote:Am i losing my mind or did one of my posts disapear?

Just to see if it happens again here it is again.

I think this mockup takes all the best of what you have done and adds some of the features of the skin you're paying homage to.

Larger logo at top again [though muted somewhat to not kick you in the eye] and the removal of the logo on the bottom right.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] PMIII Update Mod ~ Unofficial PM3.50