[PATCH] "Always On Top" option (for Windowed Mode) in XBMC for Windows
davilla Wrote:looks like external player support has changed and not supported under advancedsettings.xml anymore.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6383

Can't see to get this to work. Someone really needs to add some docs. Punting until this happens.

Thanks for not forgetting me. I read the thread for ticket 6383. Strange to implement additional features to extplayer support before the original one is working platform independent. Please, can you upate me when the documentation is done and you can proceed?

Thanks,

TvonT
davilla Wrote:looks like external player support has changed and not supported under advancedsettings.xml anymore.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6383

Can't see to get this to work. Someone really needs to add some docs. Punting until this happens.
External Player feature is now documented here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_use_a...a_playback

Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Ii think its an important feature, even if its not for some users, id rather have it & not need it than need it & not have it, it is built in all versions of MC even the latest windows 7 Wink
asking for pardon...big SORRY

I had a syntax error in the playercorefactory.xml (<forceontop> was at the wrong position). With the following settings it works with VLC at least the same way it did before the introduction of playercorefactory.xml:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="externalplayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/VLC</filename>
<args>--video-on-top --play-and-exit</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
</players>
<forceontop>true</forceontop>
</playercorefactory>

@davilla:
This means, the "forceontop" switch you implemented is still there - just the config file changed. Maybe this will help you to pick up the thread back in. I hope you do...(9.04...somebody told me Nod)
tvont Wrote:asking for pardon...big SORRY

I had a syntax error in the playercorefactory.xml (<forceontop> was at the wrong position). With the following settings it works with VLC at least the same way it did before the introduction of playercorefactory.xml:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="externalplayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/VLC</filename>
<args>--video-on-top --play-and-exit</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
</players>
<forceontop>true</forceontop>
</playercorefactory>

@davilla:
This means, the "forceontop" switch you implemented is still there - just the config file changed. Maybe this will help you to pick up the thread back in. I hope you do...(9.04...somebody told me Nod)

oops...lately but not unseen: The switch is alwaysontop, NOT forceontop
how do I open cpp what dir notepad?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH] "Always On Top" option (for Windowed Mode) in XBMC for Windows1