[MOD] Music Visualization screen always on (music video like)
mhh...
you create the folder in /media/backdrops/ and name it with the correct name artist_fanart

and inside artist_fanart folder are the individual folder for the artist you want the slideshow and the individual folder are named exactly as the artist/band name as report by the player.

*you set the visualization to none ?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Yesss working now, in the first post you say :
Quote:*Create a new folder under (Aeon\media\backdrops\) name it artistart.

So that was the problem thank you very much voor this mod I like it very much, I think this must be in the XBMC svn as a standard.
lol

sorry my bad.

fix it.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6516
nice..

even though this exactly would be difficult to implement since I am using an slide show to play all the artist/band picture in the custom create artist/band folder, its not the same as single fanart/backdrop per artist on library mode
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
I'm not a skinning whiz, so this may be a dumb question:

From the wiki:
imagepath Specifies the path containing the images to use for the slideshow. XBMC will first look inside the compressed Textures.xpr file for images, and then will look in the actual folder. The path is relative to the media/ folder if it is not specified completely. It must be a local path (ie on the local harddisk) for speed purposes.

So if you had music on the local disc of the xbox, could you just change the path to be that of your already exsiting music?
joebrady Wrote:I'm not a skinning whiz, so this may be a dumb question:

From the wiki:
imagepath Specifies the path containing the images to use for the slideshow. XBMC will first look inside the compressed Textures.xpr file for images, and then will look in the actual folder. The path is relative to the media/ folder if it is not specified completely. It must be a local path (ie on the local harddisk) for speed purposes.

So if you had music on the local disc of the xbox, could you just change the path to be that of your already exsiting music?

I really dont know !
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
I'll play with it a bit and let you know soon.
ok .
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Yes, it does work. I set this in the musicvisualisation.xml (This is on xbox)

<imagepath>F:/Music/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]</imagepath>

This would save a lot of xbox user from having to creat extra folder in the skin folder just for this mod to work.

Now my request to you skilled skinners...how do I make the fanart fade away after say, 15 seconds, and then resume back to a visualisation, until the track changes. A daunting task, I know.
joebrady Wrote:Yes, it does work. I set this in the musicvisualisation.xml (This is on xbox)

<imagepath>F:/Music/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]</imagepath>

This would save a lot of xbox user from having to creat extra folder in the skin folder just for this mod to work.

Now my request to you skilled skinners...how do I make the fanart fade away after say, 15 seconds, and then resume back to a visualisation, until the track changes. A daunting task, I know.

Ohh thats what you mean ! well yeah maybe its a pain to create folders in the xbox but its practically the same I just separate the images from where my music is.

But its good to know !!
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Well, I wanted to try it, because (most) of my music already has the artist fanart pictures in the Artist folder and they were all already named correctly.

I did notice something else after I posted that last night, that when the track changes to a new artist, the artist image does not change.
ohh nice then, in my case my music is correctly name but xbmc see the artist name different for example all my artist_fanart folder are in caps like GREEN DAY, GUNS N' ROSES, PHIL COLLINS. its not suppose to be Guns N' Roses, Phil Collins, ect...
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Quote:ohh nice then, in my case my music is correctly name but xbmc see the artist name different for example all my artist_fanart folder are in caps like GREEN DAY, GUNS N' ROSES, PHIL COLLINS. its not suppose to be Guns N' Roses, Phil Collins, ect...

That is strange XBMC does show the artist name in caps to at my PC , but it doesn't matter If the artist folder with the fanart is caps or no caps, it plays both.
Roborob Wrote:That is strange XBMC does show the artist name in caps to at my PC , but it doesn't matter If the artist folder with the fanart is caps or no caps, it plays both.

really ? I will have to try it, I assume that because I was getting the image with $INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist] , I need to match the artist name exactly
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Music Visualization screen always on (music video like)1