[MOD] Music Visualization screen always on (music video like)
I believe it was a post you made about this idea.

I will try this mod out on my winXP machine to see if it's an xbox limitation maybe.

I think maybe you should rename the title of this thread, as it's not completely accurate. The visualization is not "always on". Maybe Artist Fanart (+facts/trivia) on the Music Visualization screen?

Have you done this type of mod for any other skins? If you have, or wanted to try that, you could probably move this thread out of the Aeon section and get a few more users involved.
joebrady Wrote:I believe it was a post you made about this idea.

I will try this mod out on my winXP machine to see if it's an xbox limitation maybe.

I think maybe you should rename the title of this thread, as it's not completely accurate. The visualization is not "always on". Maybe Artist Fanart (+facts/trivia) on the Music Visualization screen?

Have you done this type of mod for any other skins? If you have, or wanted to try that, you could probably move this thread out of the Aeon section and get a few more users involved.

mine is always on... what title do you propose?

maybe in another time the only skin I use is Aeon, dont know where the files for the others skins are ?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
OK, i like the idea too,

The MOD works fine for me, on my system I use latest SVN for XBMC for windows and the newest auriga , my system is windows 7.

I saw i couple of request in other posts to show artist fanart in now playing, and i think maybe another title can get some other users involved too.

Maybe like: Music (artist) fanart in nowplaying screen and scraped trivia info.

something like that ?
Quote:and scraped trivia info
thats not implemented yet .

Quote:I saw i couple of request in other posts to show artist fanart in now playing, and i think maybe another title can get some other users involved too.

Maybe like: Music (artist) fanart in nowplaying screen and scraped trivia info.
well lets wait for a Mod to rename it to something more suitable.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
joebrady Wrote:So, I re-did this mod, this time, instead of trying to pull the fanart image from the Artist folder I already had of the drive, I did as you suggested and created a few folders under Aeon/media/backdrops/artist_fanart. Now, being as I am using an xbox, I am using Paul's Rev6 "lite" version, (this may be the source of the problem) and I had to compress the media folders contents into an .xpr. So, after all this, I still get the same results.

1. I start a playlist that only has two songs, each from a different artist.
2. The first songs starts, I go to visulization, and I have the fanart for that artist and the fanart changes during the song because I have mulitple images in the folder for that artist.
3. When the next song from a new artist starts , these same images from the previous artist continue to repeat.

Roborob: Have you done this mod and is it working as expectd for you?

You are right: If I make a playlist i've got the same results you have, but if I change A song directly the picture changes, so I think it's not your system. So ignore my earlier post. Maybe some little change or do we something wrong ?. No time to start from scratch now, but try it again later this week.
reaven, does it work for you with playlists also?
mhh I check and no is not changing on playlist automatically, just full album play

but if you go back to the home screen and back again to the musicVisualization/now playing screen it change.

weird, I have to find something so the screen get refresh on each change, this is maybe because the player treat the playlist as if it were an album and display the pictures that get from the first song in the playlist
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
if someone know how to refresh the visualization screen as the song change, please post it !
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Post the code you're using somewhere other than rapidshare (eg on pastebin) and we'll see if there's anything obvious going on.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

http://pastebin.com/d70c85570
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Hmm, nothing obviously wrong from the code.

I assume you're referring to the multiimage at the top there not updating when MusicPlayer.Artist changes?

Have you tried adding a label control with <label>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]</label> and checking that it updates when the track changes.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

you mean for me to know if is changing ?

if is that, thats already on the screen and everything change when the playlist change artist, it change the cover,artist,album,track # and track name.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Most strange then! Will see if I have time for a play this evening.

Cheers,
Jonathan

thanks a lot !! I fill the info tag dont knwo if this have something to do ?

Code:
<!--artist  slideshow  -->

<control type="multiimage">
      <description>artist slideshow</description>
      <posx>0</posx>
      <posy>-</posy>
      <width>1280</width>
      <height>720</height>
      <visible>true</visible>
      <imagepath>backdrops/artist_fanart/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]</imagepath>
      <info>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]</info>
      <timeperimage>4000</timeperimage>