Backdrop slideshow recursive?
Question 
Hello!

I would like to use all my photos as a backdrop slideshow when I am in the Pictures section. The problem is that when I select a folder to be my backdrop slideshow folder it only shows the pictures directly under that folder, and not pictures in subfolders. Is it possible to make the backdrop slideshow use all images recursively from the selected folder?

BR
I too am having the same problem.

I am attempting to get the Weather plugin for Horizonz 4.1 (Unofficial version) on XBOX to work and it seems that the directory referenced for any image location,whether it be Weather, Movies, TV or anything else capable of handling the multiimage folder relationship will not display content contained in any subfolder contained within the referenced folder. You have to drill down to the last folder in the tree to see any content... And that kinda defeats the purpose of having the 48 directories to begin with.

I have tried repeatedly, checking and re-checking the code, modifying it according to all the suggestions on the boards, but nothing has changed -- still blank on the home screen and when I select the weather link, I get the weather, but no background. I've tried changing the directory's naming convention, updating to the 05/21/2009 T3CH release via the xbox script, copy/check/re-copy the code back and I get no change.

I think the fact that Horizonz won't see anything in a subfolder directory structure is what's causing the problem... but I'm just a noob to xbmc, so I can't say with any confidence if I am correct about Horizonz abilities...

When I run Nuka's script via the addon button, despite what the thread says about the problem being fixed with an early January T3CH release, it still locks up and won't exit from the settings menu, won't save any data, and requires a manual restart of the xbox before I can resume functionality... It seems to me that it might not even be a Horizonz problem, but rather a T3CH release that may have broken it and has since gone unaddressed, but again, who am I to say?

I've been banging my head against this all day...

If anyone can offer any assistance -- it would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT:

Regarding Nuka's script, I finally got the Weather Plus plugin loaded correctly... Problems with my SVN Repo Installer script kept failing on installs... Once I fixed that, i was able to get the script and then found the TWC Supplemental 1.2 script. I had been trying the non-1.2 version of the script in the SVN, but it would only load the settings screen and half of the time wouldn't exit from it. Prior to getting the plugin, 1.2 wouldn't work in multiple skins -- that is until I tried it with PMIII... Once I discovered it was working in PMIII, I was able to get it to work with AEON Lite. But when I went back to 'Horizonz4.1', it continued to fail -- still have no idea why. I went to another version (Unsure which because I found three versions of 4.x -- the one that worked was labeled 'Horizonz An Aeon Mod4.1) and BAM!!! it worked like a charm, but the Weather Fanart still doesn't cycle on the home screen, despite my best efforts.

The TWC Supplemental 1.2 plugin says something about the weather fanart directory, allows me to point to it, but still does nothing. Could be plugin related, but I still think it's something to do with XBMC and not the skin or the plugin... Unless someone out there knows that it's not and could provide me with some kind of answer to the problem.

The only thing holding me back from reinstalling fresh is the fact that the music scrapers I pulled the info for my 120GB of MP3 took weeks, literally, to complete (still don't know why, but I've accepted it and moved on) and I don't know enough about the userdata to separate the unneeded and unnecessary from the necessary to restore it later without compromising the installation and having this same problem happen all over again...

I guess it's just a matter of sacrifice -- eventually, I'm going to have to do it. I'd just rather not lose all that data and have to wait so long for it to restore, when I could potentially come to a conclusion at some point on how to separate it and restore it. decisions decisions...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backdrop slideshow recursive?0