MiniMeedia and Genre Poster Packs
Based on requests from Waffa and Radikaltimes I have been looking at updating the skin so that it is possible for users to download Genre Poster Packs (such as those in the Movie Genre Posters thread) and have them picked up by the skin.

I have now added some code for the next release which will (hopefully) implement what has been requested.

To get it working you need to download the poster pack (or have your own images you wish to use) then place the resulting image files in a new genres folder within the skin/MiniMeeda/media folder.

Make sure that the image files have a .png extension (even if the actual file is a jpg or gif etc) and make sure that the name of the file is the same as the genre you want it to appear for. (Eg Action.png will appear for the Action genre)

Then when you browse the genres list you should then see the relevant thumbs.

As far as I can see this should work for both videos and music although I may change this if there are genres that appear in both (would mean having a videogenres and musicgenres folders).

Anyway you'll get a chance to play with it when the skin is next released (sometime over the next few days I hope). Big Grin
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
Thank you!!
You are a great man Nod

edit:

Will the next release be host on svn repository ?
Ask this because the textures.xpr is only read, can't do any changes right now.
Nope, SVN release will be when I reach v1.00.

As far as these poster packs go you don't need to be able to edit the xpr to get them working (the testing I've done has been done by adding a new genres folder to the media folder that contains the xpr)
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
Ok, even better and easier to add them.Nod

Thanks again.
Maybe it's to much to ask...

But is there a possibility that you will also add a studio folder (grab yours) and year folder (I have those thumb already in file view).
If the pack has .jpg's would it be easier for the user to look for .jpg's instead of .png's?
Or is there something else i'm missing?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:If the pack has .jpg's would it be easier for the user to look for .jpg's instead of .png's?
Or is there something else i'm missing?

Nope, it's a lot easier for the user to type something like 'ren *.jpg *.png'

As soon as I set it up to work for jpg poster packs someone will come along and create a png poster pack. I've plumped for png Nod
Hi skunkmonkee am trying to get genre posters to work.
I have a set of 44 i changed all extensions to .png and placed them in a folder called genres as stated above and placed that folder in the media folder but they do not show up.
Am i missing something a setting maybe also they are all 1000x680 and am running it on my pc at present untill i get used to it then move it to xbox later
Thanks and good lord your skin is getting massive at 2mbLaugh
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
They should show up when you're browsing by genre but they currently only work in certain views (the list views as far as I remember).

Which view are you using?

See Waffa's screenshots for how it looks with the various list views.
paul Wrote:Hi skunkmonkee am trying to get genre posters to work.
I have a set of 44 i changed all extensions to .png and placed them in a folder called genres as stated above and placed that folder in the media folder but they do not show up.
Am i missing something a setting maybe also they are all 1000x680 and am running it on my pc at present untill i get used to it then move it to xbox later
Thanks and good lord your skin is getting massive at 2mbLaugh

if you're on linux, case is important (Action.png != action.png) and i believe the genres in XBMC cap the first letter (unless it's done in the nfo file)...
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MiniMeedia and Genre Poster Packs0