DVD ISO playback problem
I briefly tested it and can confirm the problem. It isn't noticable on my quad developer system but if I use the same iso on my nas from my mac mini XP I get a micro stutter every few seconds.
Commenting out videodatabase.AddBookMarkToFile in line 4608 didn't help. I'll look a little closer tomorrow to see if I can spot anything.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Heya thank you so much for testing it out WiSo. Also thanks to Davilla and bobo for giving suggestions as well!! I feel a bit less crazy now that you have reproduced the issue. Sad to say I refresh this thread about 20 times a day so I will be looking forward to anything you come up with.
Hi folks,

i have the same problem with micro stuttering while playing dvd iso's on my acer revo streamed from my wired connected NAS (Synology DS209+).

I have installed xbmc 9.04.

I hope for a new version that will fix this stuttering problem in the near future.

Thx in advance

Martin
I've debugged it a little further and indeed it works when using a wired connection and produces micro stutter when using wireless.
But now I'm puzzled. The problem disappears for me if I comment out line 4655
Code:
*m_progessTrackingItem = CurrentFileItem();
in UpdateFIleState() which is called by processSlow().
CurrentFileItem just returns a pointer and I dunno if this is just a symptom or the root problem.
I guess we need arnova to look into it.

Update:
Seems to be only a symptom. Looking further spotted line 4671 m_Player->GetPlayerState() as problem. arnova any idea?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
should be fixed in r21110
Hi there,

how can i see which version exactly i use ?

Is this bugfix allready included in the latest stable windows version for download ?

Thx in advance

Martin
The info screen usually tells you or you can look in the xbmc.log file. The bug fix was made yesterday so its not in a stable of the prgram. Wiso just said what subversion its in.

Wiso thanks for the time put into this. I will check out the newest SVN as soon as time permits with work.

Edit: Well Kricker just happen to compile so that saved me time. I did a quick test and it works great again! Thanks again WiSo and everyone else!
Hi folks,

do anyone know when the bugfix will become available in the stable windows version ?

Thx a lot

Martin
Depends if we release 9.04.2 or already a 9.08 alpha. Can't say the exact time at the moment but you can use on of the third party svn builds which are stable enough IMO.
Sorry to jump in just like that, but isn't this an ISO problem?
I've read a few weeks back that there was an ISO problem in XBMC here on the forum. The current builds only support ISO 9660, and although many programs CLAIM to build those iso's, not all of them do.

When i build my iso in poweriso, and choose the 9660 option i have no problems, but if i use another program it won't even mount in XBMC.

Can TS try to extract his ISO file, and make a new iso with a different program?
Make sure it's 9660 iso compatible...

*** UPDATE ***
Sorry i have the program names mixed up.... Neither poweriso or magic iso is producing ISO files that XBMC can read... Trying to figure out which program I used.... Will update again...
This was an ISO problem inside XBMC. A call to an external library was done every few seconds which causes micro stutter. Due to another bug this wasn't shown when playing DVDs.
I absolutely have no problem creating iso's for XBMC with imgburn and similar programs.
WiSo Wrote:This was an ISO problem inside XBMC.
Does that mean it is fixed now? Smile
gollumscave Wrote:I've read a few weeks back that there was an ISO problem in XBMC here on the forum. The current builds only support ISO 9660, and although many programs CLAIM to build those iso's, not all of them do.
I've never had any issues playing my DVD iso backups that were made with DVD Shrink or DVD Fab.
I also use DVDFab with no issues. smcnally75...this was fixed for me in SVN21110. Thanks again WiSo.
Hi folks,

at the moment it is ok.
Only 1-2 stutterings during a movie.

Hope this will be fixed with an upcoming build.

Another question:

What means vq on info screen during playback.

I think it means video quality ?

In my case this vq show 20% - 50% during playback.
aq is always on 99%

Is there a way to increase this vq ?
(Increase buffer, ...)

I think it stutters when this vg goes to 0-10% ?

Thx in advance

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD ISO playback problem0